[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

4 hours ago, Fatt Momas said:

I am currently using 1.3 and have all the rquirements for this mod so BDArmory, C.A.L and obviously NKD but when dropping / detonating nuclear weapons they do not 'explode' into a wonderful mushroom cloud like they should, does anyone have a way to fix or remedy this problem? thanks, Fatt Momas.

Have you deleted the numbers after Korth Kerbin Weaponry in gamedata?

Also bd armory had a new release and I'm notsure how it affects the current NKW.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:18 AM, gomker said:

@harpwner Latest release of BDA Changes DLL names and will require a recompile on your end. We hope to make this easier on you in the future by using the BDACore as an interface.

Thanks @gomker, will do ASAP

Just got back from the beach yesterday so sorry if I missed anything (it was a short trip). Going to also test the latest version with various issues I've been having, will report back shortly

18 hours ago, Notsure_jr said:

Have you deleted the numbers after Korth Kerbin Weaponry in gamedata?

Also bd armory had a new release and I'm notsure how it affects the current NKW.

Ah no I will delete the numbers but I think it still works Properly as all the bombs/missiles launch when commanded to by the weapon manager and all show engagement options like the stock BDArmory weapons, thanks though for the advice.- edit, removing the numbers worked! I can't thank you enough, Fatt Momas

Edited by Fatt Momas

6 hours ago, harpwner said:

Going to also test the latest version

JR has some code in the works to further improve the AGMBallistic - Spanners tests show he can get about 75KM. There will be a patch soon to get us to 100+ but we are bumping up against Kerbal limits from that point on. 

Let you know when we get the final code in.

Hi, so I have the common problem of "my nukes explode like normal, boring, bombs", and I have deleted the numbers in gamedata, it still doesn't work soooo... Anyone know anything?

I'm using:

NKW v0.83 (at least the gamedata numbers said so)

BDAc v0.3.0.0 (the latest)

& the latest KSPI-E (though I don't think this would affect anything)

could this be a problem with CAL, or what?

5 hours ago, AlmightyKraken said:

Hi, so I have the common problem of "my nukes explode like normal, boring, bombs", and I have deleted the numbers in gamedata, it still doesn't work soooo... Anyone know anything?

I'm using:

NKW v0.83 (at least the gamedata numbers said so)

BDAc v0.3.0.0 (the latest)

& the latest KSPI-E (though I don't think this would affect anything)

could this be a problem with CAL, or what?

Couple of things here: 1. NKD is not updated yet to use BDAc 0.3.0.0. 2. CAL now causes a conflict in BDAc.

Testing has actually gone well for once

It took a bit of finagling, but I managed to get my personal build up to speed with the latest BDArmory with minimal changes to code. I also attempted a couple things that should help with the whole explosion issue, however there is another thing.

I simultaneously updated BDAc and made a code change related to explosions... and one of those things seems to have stopped the particle effects issue where explosions would duplicate or appear where they shouldn't be. I will confirm later, but @gomker said that the issue seemed fixed in the latest BDAc update, so if this holds... it means I can finally work on new things!

:D

2 hours ago, AlmightyKraken said:

So you're telling me it's impossible to have nukes and artillery/other custom ammo simultaneously?

What he's telling you is not everything is updated yet. Also, CAL no longer works correctly with BDAc because BDAc has new bullet definitions to work within penetration and heat parameters.

39 minutes ago, harpwner said:

I simultaneously updated BDAc and made a code change related to explosions... and one of those things seems to have stopped the particle effects issue where explosions would duplicate or appear where they shouldn't be. I will confirm later, but @gomker said that the issue seemed fixed in the latest BDAc update, so if this holds... it means I can finally work on new things!

:D

There is still an issue with explosions following vessels, but as far as I personally have noticed particles are behaving as expected. Example drop JDAM on VAB watch it as it flies to target and detonates. After detonation and the cam switches back to the active vessel some FX are jumping to the vessel. Now they may have resolved the issue in the latest dev build but the current release still has issue #171. If you or anyone else have solved this issue that will be amazing and hope it's implemented into the next release of BDA.

3 hours ago, AlmightyKraken said:

So you're telling me it's impossible to have nukes and artillery/other custom ammo simultaneously?

At the moment I am yes. All weapons that were using CAL have been affected by the changes in the new BDA code for bullets.

If your just wanting some nukes that work with the new BDAc 0.3.0.0 then grab my mod it's definitely not NKD, but will give you something to play with until NKD gets updated.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

23 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

There is still an issue with explosions following vessels, but as far as I personally have noticed particles are behaving as expected. Example drop JDAM on VAB watch it as it flies to target and detonates. After detonation and the cam switches back to the active vessel some FX are jumping to the vessel. Now they may have resolved the issue in the latest dev build but the current release still has issue #171. If you or anyone else have solved this issue that will be amazing and hope it's implemented into the next release of BDA.

I haven't seen the explosions following vessels, so more testing is required. Maybe I'm limiting my tests too much but at least explosion duplication is no longer a problem :D

It also could be my code change so I'll revert it and test it with the latest BDAc just to see if that's what is making a difference.

42 minutes ago, harpwner said:

I haven't seen the explosions following vessels, so more testing is required. Maybe I'm limiting my tests too much but at least explosion duplication is no longer a problem :D

It also could be my code change so I'll revert it and test it with the latest BDAc just to see if that's what is making a difference.

Just to be clear I'm not talking about your parts in particular as I have only tested the nukes which are doing what is expected as far as I can see.

Example: With my fx I'm adding KSP's Detonator to the particles as well. The particles work right every time but that Detonator fx moves, the same for other explosion types as well such as BDA's JDAM or carpet bombing with the MK 82. This seems to only be happening if you are the active vessel and not AI controlled. If AI is doing everything it works as expected for all fx and nothing moves. The same if you are a stationary vessel such as a missile site everything works as expected. Another factor I'm noticing too is it depends on how long those KSP effects last, the longer they are the more pronounced the move is. I also seen @gomker thinking it might be something with KSP and not BDA.

Playing with the coded timer BDA is using to delete gameobjects added by explosionfx seems to fix it if allowed to leave them a few more seconds.

I'm so confused with this issue now that I've just started telling people not to manually drop bombs until it's figured out. Which of course upset quite a few YouTubers because they can't make the vids they need to. Since most of them use NKD to do this it may become quite a head ache for you till it's confirmed fixed.

26 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Ok, but I installed it and It didn't work. No Parts, No Manager.

Well frankly you're in the wrong thread to ask for BDArmory assistance. You need to go here:

Then you need to provide more information than "I installed it and it didn't work" to get pointed in the right direction.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been playing KSP on and off for over a year I think, mainly messing around with mods in Creative mode, and slowly building up a mod list for a career mode playthrough.

I have a small issue with the guns featured in this mod.

I'm running 1.3 with AARS, Airplane Plus, B9 aerospace, B9 Procedural wings, BDArmory (obviously) BDA Weapons Extension, Janitors Closet, Kerbal Foundries, Infernal Robotics, Mk1 Cargo Bay, Mk2 Expansion, OPT spaceplane parts, Physics Range Extender, Prakasa Aeroworks, Quiztech aerospace continued, RLA Stockalike, SXT, and Ven's Stock Revamp, as well as all the mods required and redistributed by the above.

None of the weapons that go with the Modular Gun Pod work properly. They work fine on their own, but if I switch to them after firing another weapon, they will fire only one round, until I switch to a different weapon and back.

I have not tried to use any of the radial guns that come with this pack.

It does not matter whether the guns are actually attached to a gun pod. I thought this might be the issue, because I was not using the gun pod initially, but instead attaching the guns to Cubic Octagonal Struts.

I've encountered this bug switching from NKD bombs to NKD Guns, and from BDA guns to NKD Guns. I have yet to test a craft with more than one NKD gun, nor with NKD guns and BDA bombs/missiles.

EDIT: with C.A.L., the gun pods won't fire at all if switching from a different weapon.

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but I don't have the patience to read through 67 pages of forum posts.

Edited by RichTheWolf257
Gathered more information

3 hours ago, RichTheWolf257 said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been playing KSP on and off for over a year I think, mainly messing around with mods in Creative mode, and slowly building up a mod list for a career mode playthrough.

I have a small issue with the guns featured in this mod.

I'm running 1.3 with AARS, Airplane Plus, B9 aerospace, B9 Procedural wings, BDArmory (obviously) BDA Weapons Extension, Janitors Closet, Kerbal Foundries, Infernal Robotics, Mk1 Cargo Bay, Mk2 Expansion, OPT spaceplane parts, Physics Range Extender, Prakasa Aeroworks, Quiztech aerospace continued, RLA Stockalike, SXT, and Ven's Stock Revamp, as well as all the mods required and redistributed by the above.

None of the weapons that go with the Modular Gun Pod work properly. They work fine on their own, but if I switch to them after firing another weapon, they will fire only one round, until I switch to a different weapon and back.

I have not tried to use any of the radial guns that come with this pack.

It does not matter whether the guns are actually attached to a gun pod. I thought this might be the issue, because I was not using the gun pod initially, but instead attaching the guns to Cubic Octagonal Struts.

I've encountered this bug switching from NKD bombs to NKD Guns, and from BDA guns to NKD Guns. I have yet to test a craft with more than one NKD gun, nor with NKD guns and BDA bombs/missiles.

EDIT: with C.A.L., the gun pods won't fire at all if switching from a different weapon.

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but I don't have the patience to read through 67 pages of forum posts.

I can help with this. CAL is no longer compatible with BDArmory 0.3.0.0 and I believe this is your issue. ATM NKD requires CAL for some ammo.

16 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

I can help with this. CAL is no longer compatible with BDArmory 0.3.0.0 and I believe this is your issue. ATM NKD requires CAL for some ammo.

I'm having the issue even without CAL. What I meant is that is behaves slightly differently with the CAL ammo box than with the BDA ammo box. Without CAL, the gunpod guns are still behaving as described before my edit.

7 hours ago, RichTheWolf257 said:

I'm having the issue even without CAL. What I meant is that is behaves slightly differently with the CAL ammo box than with the BDA ammo box. Without CAL, the gunpod guns are still behaving as described before my edit.

Without CAL the NKD stuff that need it break, with CAL BDAc breaks. So either way things are going to be broke with or without CAL for the time being.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.