[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

MOAB really needs retractig fins. It's freaking difficult to fit under some of my planes.

On a side note, it is really badass. I don't have any of R&D buildings any more. :P

Small advice - make edges of those dust particles softer. Now they look a little bit like, uhm, that substance...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and one more request. Please give us 0.625 MIRV that also has probe core, weaponmanager and modular missile guidance built in. WOuld be good if it was stable with FAR (just move CoG forward like on real ones). I want to down some of them with those PAC-3 Patriot missiles.

On a side note, here's my BUFF. It can carry 2 MOABs. Unfortunately I need to completely redesign central portion with missile bays to accomodate third one.

6M3mhXi.png

Edited by sashan

MOAB really needs retractig fins. It's freaking difficult to fit under some of my planes.

On a side note, it is really badass. I don't have any of R&D buildings any more. :P

Small advice - make edges of those dust particles softer. Now they look a little bit like, uhm, that substance...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and one more request. Please give us 0.625 MIRV that also has probe core, weaponmanager and modular missile guidance built in. WOuld be good if it was stable with FAR (just move CoG forward like on real ones). I want to down some of them with those PAC-3 Patriot missiles.

On a side note, here's my BUFF. It can carry 2 MOABs. Unfortunately I need to completely redesign central portion with missile bays to accomodate third one.

http://i.imgur.com/6M3mhXi.png

I can do retractable fins, it'll be a couple hours since I need to redesign those fins anyway (they have like... 2000 polys EACH)

I can do retractable fins, it'll be a couple hours since I need to redesign those fins anyway (they have like... 2000 polys EACH)

ANd please make wings folding as well. They should fold down IMO. I know real one has fixed ones, but it is just a prototype.

Oh, they are totally fine with that polycount. Seeing proper grid is worth that. Well, you can try making it out of multiple clipping boxes instead...

ANd please make wings folding as well. They should fold down IMO. I know real one has fixed ones, but it is just a prototype.

Oh, they are totally fine with that polycount. Seeing proper grid is worth that. Well, you can try making it out of multiple clipping boxes instead...

sorry about the wing thing, but I'm not gonna go that far, reason being is that I want realistic large weapons... just finished the new fins and importing animations now, reduced it to 173 polys each :D

it also turns out that the way I modeled the MOAB, I'd need to completely redesign the wings because of A) the way it's made and B) where it's placed

Edited by harpwner

Um. I just dropped a MOAB on the KSC, it just hit the ground and broke. No giant explosion or anything. Also tried directly releasing the bomb by right clicking and pressing "fire missile"

Edited by Combatsmithen

Um. I just dropped a MOAB on the KSC, it just hit the ground and broke. No giant explosion or anything. Also tried directly releasing the bomb by right clicking and pressing "fire missile"

Errrr, can you confirm that your BDArmory works properly? other missiles and such? because I've worked on this for hours and not once have I encountered this.

Is it possible to take the wonderful doom shroom, and make a atomic annie, or Davy crockett-type cannon?

That would be amazing

hmmmmm, an atomic annie would be interesting... I may make a turret that takes the shape of the Atomic Annie cannon, and it fires those nuclear shells...

- - - Updated - - -

Update has arrived!

Version 0.2.1:

- Made the MOAB's grid fins fold, flinging out when dropped

- Further modified MOAB's explosion, more transparent dirt clouds

- Edited MOAB's texture

- Reduced the MOAB's poly count by a ton (by redesigning grid fins)

Sorry that took so long, but animations are finicky when you import them from blender in DAE format...

I re-installed the addon to see if that fixed the problem of your bombs not exploding. didnt fix it.... still just breaks when it hits the ground. Just tested all your bombs, they all break when they hit the ground and dont make an explosion

Edited by Combatsmithen

I re-installed the addon to see if that fixed the problem of your bombs not exploding. didnt fix it.... still just breaks when it hits the ground. Just tested all your bombs, they all break when they hit the ground and dont make an explosion

Not sure what to tell you, can you give me a list of installed mods? I'm confused simply because I literally cannot reprpoduce this, as you're saying the mod that I've had working properly for days just fails to work for you.

Not sure what to tell you, can you give me a list of installed mods? I'm confused simply because I literally cannot reprpoduce this, as you're saying the mod that I've had working properly for days just fails to work for you.

Harpwner I pccasionally have the same issue with my own very large bombs mostly when I do liw altitude drops like from a launch pad testing tower. I think it may hace something to do with drop time

Harpwner I pccasionally have the same issue with my own very large bombs mostly when I do liw altitude drops like from a launch pad testing tower. I think it may hace something to do with drop time

that sounds like the most likely explanation, seeing as I'm always dropping my bombs from about a kilometer in the air

that sounds like the most likely explanation, seeing as I'm always dropping my bombs from about a kilometer in the air

hmmm i was dropping my bombs from 500 meters to 1500 meters and they werent detonating, maybe i need to go higher?

- - - Updated - - -

List of Installed mods

B9

BD armory

Burn Together

Distant object enhancement

JSI

KAS

KAX

Kerbal foundries

Kerbinside

Infernal Robotics

Maritime pack

Mechjeb 2

Tweakscale

Vanguard parachutes.

My BD armory addons besides your's are

NAS and PEW

Also Just tested the FOAB from 5000 meters, no mushroom cloud or explosion or anything

Edited by Combatsmithen

hmmm i was dropping my bombs from 500 meters to 1500 meters and they werent detonating, maybe i need to go higher?

- - - Updated - - -

List of Installed mods

B9

BD armory

Burn Together

Distant object enhancement

JSI

KAS

KAX

Kerbal foundries

Kerbinside

Infernal Robotics

Maritime pack

Mechjeb 2

Tweakscale

Vanguard parachutes.

My BD armory addons besides your's are

NAS and PEW

I'm not sure if any of those conflict with with it, though your altitude is perfect, that leaves addons to the problem. The only addons in your list I do NOT have are B9 and Vanguard... so those seem like the most likely conflict... if anything else if you haven't already, reinstall my addon

can you do multirole missiles and a tsar bomba? :D

I have NO IDEA how to do a multirole missile, I don't even know if BDArmory supports it... however, a tsar bomba is possible, but in a kerbal form

I'll probably call it the Nuclear Jeb or something

or maybe I will just call it the tsar bomba, the issue really is balance... do I want a bomb that will basically take out half the planet? or will I scale it down

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.