[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Vanguard... so those seem like the most likely conflict... if anything else if you haven't already, reinstall my addon

Vanguard don't conflict, tested. I use it - hat eto see Kerbals plummeting into ground when they could've been saved.

I have NO IDEA how to do a multirole missile, I don't even know if BDArmory supports it... however, a tsar bomba is possible, but in a kerbal form

I'll probably call it the Nuclear Jeb or something

or maybe I will just call it the tsar bomba, the issue really is balance... do I want a bomb that will basically take out half the planet? or will I scale it down

make it have a 2km blast radius

make it have a 2km blast radius

ehhhh no, my B-83 has a 1.5km radius... and that I gave a 200 kiloton yield (well actually that was just a random label I put on it)

maybe I'll give it a 10km blast radius... since that marks BD's extents of physics loading/unloading anyway

call it tsar bob xD

- - - Updated - - -

and Paveway description says its laser guided, but for me its GPS guided

oops... I kinda typed that description really fast, must not have been thinking, yeah it's a GPS bomb, minor fix since it's only the description.

ehhhh no, my B-83 has a 1.5km radius... and that I gave a 200 kiloton yield (well actually that was just a random label I put on it)

maybe I'll give it a 10km blast radius... since that marks BD's extents of physics loading/unloading anyway

oh i didnt know that had a 1.5km blast radius. I tried every bomb, none of them work for me. I dont see how B9 could conflict because its just a parts mod and the craft i used has no B9 parts

I'm not sure if any of those conflict with with it, though your altitude is perfect, that leaves addons to the problem. The only addons in your list I do NOT have are B9 and Vanguard... so those seem like the most likely conflict... if anything else if you haven't already, reinstall my addon

I had the exact same problem as Combatsmithen and I realized that I accidentally had put one level too many in the game data folder. My install was

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\North_Kerbin_Dynamics_-_Heavy_Ordinance_Pack_and_other_things-0.2.1\North Kerbin Weaponry

when it should have been (and now is)

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\North Kerbin Weaponry

Changing this fixed the problem, though I don't know why part of the mod did and part didn't.

I had the exact same problem as Combatsmithen and I realized that I accidentally had put one level too many in the game data folder. My install was

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\North_Kerbin_Dynamics_-_Heavy_Ordinance_Pack_and_other_things-0.2.1\North Kerbin Weaponry

when it should have been (and now is)

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\North Kerbin Weaponry

Changing this fixed the problem, though I don't know why part of the mod did and part didn't.

thanks it fixed my problem! i had the folder copied right into the BD directory like the rest of my addons

oops... I kinda typed that description really fast, must not have been thinking, yeah it's a GPS bomb, minor fix since it's only the description.

Actually, it should be laser guided, can you fix that? We need a guided bomb that can hit moving targets.

That smoke texture with orange in it is really visually cluttered and frankly kinda ugly- plain grey would work just as well, and the "flame" from an explosion might be better done with dedicated "fire" particles instead.

these explosion textures are mainly placeholders for now, hence their non-official names in the file structure

they're not the highest priority on my list... I'll get to it eventually

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I just recently got a hold of new ways to texture things, and am now working on a full revamp of all of my textures! this will take time and will be released before any new bombs (save the MIRV and the Brimstone, which I've been working on)

Expect this update by sunday at the latest... unless other crap gets in the way

And some nice color videos of nuclear bombs exploding, note the beautiful flash and how it illuminates the surrounding terrain.

Oh, and remember, nukes look like flashbulbs in space and do not form mushroom clouds when detonated at high altitudes in atmo, so if it would be possible to do that, that would be awesome.

Edited by NuclearNut
Clarification, addition of request.

And some nice color videos of nuclear bombs exploding, note the beautiful flash and how it illuminates the surrounding terrain.

Oh, and remember, nukes look like flashbulbs in space and do not form mushroom clouds when detonated at high altitudes in atmo, so if it would be possible to do that, that would be awesome.

I am revamping explosion effects (focus on nuclear ones)

I am planning to have an Atomic Annie

I'm probably only going to make bombs that are to be dropped from a plane, so no Ivy Mike

As for lighting up terrain, I'll do some experiments on that now actually, since I am working on the Tsar Bob-a! (ok not a final name but still xD) seems that I can't do lighting without code either!

as for the space effects and high altitudes... sorry but that just isn't possible... at least, not without me seriously screwing with code... and I don't know unity/ksp codewise enough to actually do that.

maybe in the wayyyyy future (like, when I'm also developing my game) which is when I'll be really familiar with how code operates in Unity

Edited by harpwner

Awesome, once you have Nuclear Cannons out I will no doubt find a way to shove it into a tank.

And another question, are you going to make the mushroom clouds rise slower? Right now they disappear almost instantly. (sorry if this is bugging you)

Awesome, once you have Nuclear Cannons out I will no doubt find a way to shove it into a tank.

And another question, are you going to make the mushroom clouds rise slower? Right now they disappear almost instantly. (sorry if this is bugging you)

well, there's alot of unity physics that loves to screw with me so it's a bit finicky even getting those explosions to work, I can try but no promises!

I am revamping explosion effects (focus on nuclear ones)

I am planning to have an Atomic Annie

I'm probably only going to make bombs that are to be dropped from a plane, so no Ivy Mike

As for lighting up terrain, I'll do some experiments on that now actually, since I am working on the Tsar Bob-a! (ok not a final name but still xD) seems that I can't do lighting without code either!

as for the space effects and high altitudes... sorry but that just isn't possible... at least, not without me seriously screwing with code... and I don't know unity/ksp codewise enough to actually do that.

maybe in the wayyyyy future (like, when I'm also developing my game) which is when I'll be really familiar with how code operates in Unity

To add to the growing pile of test film references, have this

showing, well, how it looks, this
of a multi-megaton nuclear detonation (note the visible double flash easily seen in large-scale detonations such as this which would be neat to see in this mod), and also
of Redwing Tewa (with visible condensation rings that'd also be neat).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.