[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

To add to the growing pile of test film references, have this
showing, well, how it looks, this
of a multi-megaton nuclear detonation (note the visible double flash easily seen in large-scale detonations such as this which would be neat to see in this mod), and also
of Redwing Tewa (with visible condensation rings that'd also be neat).

believe me when I say this update is taking a long time because:

A) I am studying and seriously considering the footage I am recieving

B)I just found a MASSIVE bug with my nuke effects... it only works on certain kerbin rotations, so I'm gonna see what I can do about that! SUCCESS it's basically 2am and I figured out how to fix these explosions! it had to do with the way velocity was handled globally, so I decided to switch it over to local velocity and that did the trick!

Edited by harpwner
fix done!

B)I just found a MASSIVE bug with my nuke effects... it only works on certain kerbin rotations, so I'm gonna see what I can do about that! SUCCESS it's basically 2am and I figured out how to fix these explosions! it had to do with the way velocity was handled globally, so I decided to switch it over to local velocity and that did the trick!

Was that massive bug the fact that the mushroom clouds had the annoying tendency to appear in locations they should not be appearing (ie, a nuke impacts on target, blows up normally, and somehow another mushroom cloud pops up 20-30 kilometers away from it at the same time)?

Was that massive bug the fact that the mushroom clouds had the annoying tendency to appear in locations they should not be appearing (ie, a nuke impacts on target, blows up normally, and somehow another mushroom cloud pops up 20-30 kilometers away from it at the same time)?

that is ENTIRELY likely, I'll rush out a fix when I wake up in the morning, just containing the fix (because the new weapons just ain't ready yet, which yes... does include the Tsar Bob-a)

you'll also get a taste of my new texture work, some of the details are still incomplete but you can see that the textures have new depth!

EDIT:

lizH7tg.jpg

Also (obviously) replaced the dirt with proper smoke (will be adding a little bit of dirt to simulate dust kickup, but you get the idea)

A few edits must be made to the effect as it is in heavy WIP, but the fix is out and it's HUGE

Edited by harpwner
WOOO TSAR BOOM

update incoming!

NEW UPDATE OUT!

Version 2.2:

-Fixed the nuclear explosion effects (others are on their way)

-some new textures for the bombs (still W.I.P, but visually have more depth and look better IMO)

-Added a Tsar Bomba! 15km blast radius

-Added the Thermonuclear MIRV: a 0.625m part with the same yield as the B-83

-Added the Brimstone, still a WIP

-Made Paveway Laser Guided

-note that not all the effects are ready yet, some will still have the dirt, I am working on this

Edited by harpwner
moar update because OOPS

Hey could you try to make An ASM (Anti-sattalite missile)

it seriously depends on what missiles can do, I'm guessing something that acts like the KV would do... no promises though

Awesome. Trying it out now.

Request: Aerodunamic turrets with 20mm cannons. SOmething like this, on He-177:

http://cdn-live.warthunder.com/uploads/3e/b429a0341b7eb25a5b5092978b374e62fd7850_lq/He_177_11.jpg

I can do that, in fact I will do that

just gotta wait for Baha's turret tutorial

I noted your Tsar Bob-a has a weight of only 3 metric tonnes, the real one, if I am not mistaken, weighed 28 metric tonnes.

thanks for the heads up, I haven't played with mass much... I'll work on giving them semi-realistic yet balanced weights

You know, while playing your mod I noticed something odd, it seems that all weapons are tactical. Now let me explain, while flying around one of my LB's I was dropping those B83s on various ground targets, and then later tested out the Tsar some more using an HB to carry it. I noted that the Tsar was really just another tactical weapon, it could be used the same, and even if it is massive, it could be easily deployed. This was interesting to me from the fact that usually I think of nuclear weapons as "strategic or tactical", it now appears that that distinction is merely a matter of use, not of yield.

Anyway, having fun testing out the nukes, and it appears as if you fixed the problem with the nukes not working correctly.

Here with a request for the Tomahawk missile, maybe with 2/3 versions of it's warhead? Namely the retired W80 Nuclear Warhead, and the conventional 1000 pounds warhead? (Possibly the BLU-97/B Combined Effects warhead, which is the cluster bomb) Tomahawk_Block_IV_cruise_missile_-crop.jpg

Here with a request for the Tomahawk missile, maybe with 2/3 versions of it's warhead? Namely the retired W80 Nuclear Warhead, and the conventional 1000 pounds warhead? (Possibly the BLU-97/B Combined Effects warhead, which is the cluster bomb) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Tomahawk_Block_IV_cruise_missile_-crop.jpg

I second this. Making tomahawks with stock parts is....difficult.....

- - - Updated - - -

Although what I REALLY want are GPS-guided MIRVs with Nukes on them......

I second this. Making tomahawks with stock parts is....difficult.....

- - - Updated - - -

Although what I REALLY want are GPS-guided MIRVs with Nukes on them......

you do realize that I did add those right? though they really shouldn't have been released before 0.3... I accidentally left them in the build so... surprise!

Here with a request for the Tomahawk missile, maybe with 2/3 versions of it's warhead? Namely the retired W80 Nuclear Warhead, and the conventional 1000 pounds warhead? (Possibly the BLU-97/B Combined Effects warhead, which is the cluster bomb) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Tomahawk_Block_IV_cruise_missile_-crop.jpg

Adding to suggestions list, I thought about it while making my AGM 158, I'll give the tomohawk 2 part variants... one with a 1000lb warhead and one with the W80

Adding to suggestions list, I thought about it while making my AGM 158, I'll give the tomohawk 2 part variants... one with a 1000lb warhead and one with the W80

YEah, and some ideas about colors: the nuclear one is like in picture above, seems good, and conventional one - like here:

missile_tomahawk.gif

Missile_609_1.jpg

please can you add mushroom clouds make tsar boba bigger please

but... the nukes DO have mushroom clouds...

as for the bigger tsar, it's blast radius was increased to 30km, will be released with the cruise missiles in 0.3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.