[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Am I the only one who reads the title wrong and expects Taepodong?

lol I guess so, though I could probably make a few with MIRVs...

North Kerbin Dynamics goes along with the NKHC (North Kerbin Harpwner Coalition) from a series I started about a week ago called Kerbal Konflicts

after I started this pack I decided to use that name here since it seemed best

Doesn't stock BDA already have that?

I assume they are asking for a perfectly reasonable nuclear version to replace the puny conventional one currently available in stock BDA. If that I the case, I second it.

Also, it seems someone else has the flash part down but not the mushroom, maybe harpwner could collude with them on nuclear bomb making. Just a thought.

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of messaging over the past 2 days, reason being that school just started for me yesterday and my time is going to take a hit from it, this doesn't mean I'm stopping developement however, as I have a great time management system! so without further ado, questions to be answere!

I assume they are asking for a perfectly reasonable nuclear version to replace the puny conventional one currently available in stock BDA. If that I the case, I second it.

Also, it seems someone else has the flash part down but not the mushroom, maybe harpwner could collude with them on nuclear bomb making. Just a thought.

I had just sent him a message a couple minutes ago about exchanging knowledge and maybe so far as to collaborate, at this point in time I have not gotten a reply but I'll get back to you all on that

and about that cruise missile...

Per request of someone in a YouTube comments section, I'm requesting the AGM-86 ALCM Air-Launched Cruise Missile. Specifications are here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-86_ALCM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/ALCMCruiseMissile.JPG

I saw that comment just never had time to acknowledge it, yes I will make that missile!

EDIT: I'm putting off the missile for just a bit to add parachutes to the MOAB and the Tsar Bomba

Edited by harpwner

idk if this has been suggested already but what about the Davy Crockett

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device) or some other type of low yield nuke

I will be making the Davy Crockett AND the Atomic Annie as kerbal operated turrets at some point when the turret tutorial is released.

of those two missiles, I did promise LORDPrometheus that I would not copy what he is doing, the AIM-26 is already in his pack and therefore I will NOT be making that. The Genie however, I will make (unless he doesn't want me to)

I will be making the Davy Crockett AND the Atomic Annie as kerbal operated turrets at some point when the turret tutorial is released.

of those two missiles, I did promise LORDPrometheus that I would not copy what he is doing, the AIM-26 is already in his pack and therefore I will NOT be making that. The Genie however, I will make (unless he doesn't want me to)

Ah, ok, that seems fair.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but my bombs don't actually make an explosion they just get blown up like the other parts (if you get my drift). Just saying i would like to know the problem. :huh:

EDIT: I figured it out it was a conflict with the naval turret addon for BD armory cos i just dropped a b 36 by accident and annihilated everything :cool::sticktongue:

Edited by boontze

your good with the genie

your good with the genie

Thanks Prometheus, also I'm gonna send you updated explosions when I arrive home!

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but my bombs don't actually make an explosion they just get blown up like the other parts (if you get my drift). Just saying i would like to know the problem. :huh:

EDIT: I figured it out it was a conflict with the naval turret addon for BD armory cos i just dropped a b 36 by accident and annihilated everything :cool::sticktongue:

Wait, conflict with the NAS addon? But I'm using that in my game... Hmmm I'll give it a thorough look when I get home

Had an interesting situation develop while playing out a scenario that made me think of a suggestion.

I had configured a goalkeeper + radar and PAC 3 missiles on the Island Runway and a few targets. Did a bombing run with the nuke and the goalkeeper shot the bomb out of the air about 500 meters above the surface and it detonated. It was spectacular!

My suggestion is that if the bomb is detonated in the atmosphere (airburst) then you could have a different explosion animation, just a big sphere maybe to start. The mushroom cloud was interesting as it started mid-air.

Also having a way to configure an airburst altitude and a saftey - i.e. wont explode until impact.

Great mod, thanks for all your work.

Regards,

Had an interesting situation develop while playing out a scenario that made me think of a suggestion.

I had configured a goalkeeper + radar and PAC 3 missiles on the Island Runway and a few targets. Did a bombing run with the nuke and the goalkeeper shot the bomb out of the air about 500 meters above the surface and it detonated. It was spectacular!

My suggestion is that if the bomb is detonated in the atmosphere (airburst) then you could have a different explosion animation, just a big sphere maybe to start. The mushroom cloud was interesting as it started mid-air.

Also having a way to configure an airburst altitude and a saftey - i.e. wont explode until impact.

Great mod, thanks for all your work.

Regards,

believe me when I say I would LOVE to be able to do that, but I don't think I can without doing some programming which... I'm not farmiliar enough with to do. I think I'll talk to BD and see if there's any support for it, or ask to add it since some bombs could use it.

believe me when I say I would LOVE to be able to do that, but I don't think I can without doing some programming which... I'm not farmiliar enough with to do. I think I'll talk to BD and see if there's any support for it, or ask to add it since some bombs could use it.

What about making a separate download with nice round booms?

What about making a separate download with nice round booms?

Maybe at some point, but with what I'm doing right now (finishing up the Genie, giving all the missiles effects and whatnot, as well as adding flare and chaff refill boxes) it's not too high on the priority list

Yeah, I can't wait to have a massive fireworks show with the Genie.

The Genie is the ONLY nuclear yield weapon in the pack designed with an atmospheric explosion :)

on a sidenote, I am about to make a video with weapons from the next update. as well as showcasing what I have right now.

This may give me an excuse to contribute. I have some .NET/C# coding experience, but haven't done any modding with KSP yet. Do you have a github repo somewhere so I can contribute?

Another suggestion for balance/scaling - the MIRV warhead seems a bit overpowered. I was thinking it should be 20% of the blast radius. This is more of a balance in terms of scale for KSP. With the 5KM limit it seems that a MIRV strike range will be very small in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.