[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

This may give me an excuse to contribute. I have some .NET/C# coding experience, but haven't done any modding with KSP yet. Do you have a github repo somewhere so I can contribute?

Another suggestion for balance/scaling - the MIRV warhead seems a bit overpowered. I was thinking it should be 20% of the blast radius. This is more of a balance in terms of scale for KSP. With the 5KM limit it seems that a MIRV strike range will be very small in the game.

hey if you want to do a little bit of plugin coding that'd be helpful for a few things... I've got a couple of ideas. If you want to help you can throw me a skype message and I can collaborate alot easier.

I'm still refining some mechanics, a large update is coming soon. So I'll see what balancing I can do with the MIRV (it IS thermonuclear after all)

The Genie is the ONLY nuclear yield weapon in the pack designed with an atmospheric explosion :)

on a sidenote, I am about to make a video with weapons from the next update. as well as showcasing what I have right now.

If I can suggest a song, I would recommend

Would like RP-3, HVAR, Tiny Tim amd R4M unguided rockets to be added. Plus is MCLOS and SACLOS guidance possible? For TOW, X-4/X-7, Swingfire and the like

At the moment wire guided weapons are not possible but BahamutoD has expressed his desire to implement them in time (I asked him about it personally)

This stuff looks great! May I suggest a sub-munitions dispenser like the one on the SU-25? Basically it is a cluster bomb without the bomb part, it just drops a bunch of bomblets from the plane.

It shall be done at some point soon, 0.3 is on the horizon (which means possibly this evening) with new stuff including the Genie and some extra effect tweaks.

Would like RP-3, HVAR, Tiny Tim amd R4M unguided rockets to be added. Plus is MCLOS and SACLOS guidance possible? For TOW, X-4/X-7, Swingfire and the like

like it was said, wire guided is for the future when that gets supported

Give us Zuni rockets. :P

Once I figure out how to get rocket pods working, you will see a large influx of that weaponry

UPDATE TIME!

(Thank you all for waiting so patiently for this update, I know school got in the way so everything I wanted to do was suppressed by work I had at home. Updates will be less frequent but I will NEVER quit on you, just expect me to take more time than normal.)

Now for the changelog!

0.3:

-Added Genie Nuclear Air to Air Missile

-Added Tomahawk Conventional Cruise Missile

-Added AGM-158 Cruise Missile

-Added Flare and Chaff refill boxes (No Crossfeed, mainly for KAS/KIS)

-Major changes to nuclear explosion effects, minor tweaks to the rest.

-Gave existing missiles exhaust effects

I haven't done as much extensive testing with this update, so please, I beg you all to report any issues/concerns you have with this update ASAP!

not just a kerbal lawn dart, at GPS guided kerbal lawn dart! making the most deadly family friendly lawn game even more deadly with GPS guidance!

Hooray!!

Only $1337.99!

In Select Stores Only!

While Supplies Last!

Warrenty Void If Launched On KSC.

Edited by Blu Drako

Hey, harpwner, for your video, may I recommend Aero Chord-Surface?

The drop would sync perfectly with a nuclear bomb exploding.

I can just hear it now.....

Mm-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-m....... Make The Ground Shake -------BOOOOOOOOM

Or the Battlefield 4 OST?

OR Arma 3-This Is War?

Edited by Blu Drako

Hey, harpwner, for your video, may I recommend Aero Chord-Surface?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrCKvKXvN2c

The drop would sync perfectly with a nuclear bomb exploding.

I can just hear it now.....

Mm-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-m....... Make The Ground Shake -------BOOOOOOOOM

Or the Battlefield 4 OST?

OR Arma 3-This Is War?

LOL, i litteraly made a youtube video with the BF4 theme, at the end when a drop a B-83 Nuclear bomb i have the theme.

Its not on youtube yet, but it will be soon! Here is the link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDOmAfTGF_gybHk6SImmc-Q

Edited by Combatsmithen

Hey harpwner id recommend using the ksp specular shader for some of your parts and reducing the shinyness,(acutal name of slider) this gives parts a more metallic look but doesnt make them shine like a mirror id try that for the brimstone and other newer missiles

I wanted to do that for a bit, but the problem is that even the dark parts that I want to be pitch black shine... the shader just doesn't work as well as I would like it to.

LOL, i litteraly made a youtube video with the BF4 theme, at the end when a drop a B-83 Nuclear bomb i have the theme.

Its not on youtube yet, but it will be soon! Here is the link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDOmAfTGF_gybHk6SImmc-Q

Is it Kerbal War program EP.7?

BTW i'm a youtuber too.

my channel is

Xx_ MLGShrek420kwikscope _xX

(a friend dared me to change it to that, and i cant change it back yet :P

Is it Kerbal War program EP.7?

BTW i'm a youtuber too.

my channel is

Xx_ MLGShrek420kwikscope _xX

(a friend dared me to change it to that, and i cant change it back yet :P

No it isnt Number 7, it is number 8 which isnt out yet, it will be in about 20 mins though, the song is a bit loud, movie maker decided to raise the volume of the song to full when i had it set very low. There is nothing i could do to fix it

- - - Updated - - -

Im having the problem with the brimstone not locking on, and if it does lock on it over shoots the target

No it isnt Number 7, it is number 8 which isnt out yet, it will be in about 20 mins though, the song is a bit loud, movie maker decided to raise the volume of the song to full when i had it set very low. There is nothing i could do to fix it

- - - Updated - - -

Im having the problem with the brimstone not locking on, and if it does lock on it over shoots the target

I'm probably gonna remove the brimstone temporarily, simply because I don't like how it operates, looks, and works. I'll just remake it some other time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.