[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Can i get the 12,000lb bomb from this picture? 7zGwCjZ.jpg

Along with several rescales of it, as there seems to be a lack of choice in unguided bombs so far, with options of ether tiny and crappy (the 500lb one in stock bdarmory) or one of the utterly huge ones, nothing in between, which i'd like to fix. Bonus points if you can work out a good way to pack several of them into a cramped bomb bay, as i've mostly had bombs on racks not launch right and blow up in the plane.

Can i get the 12,000lb bomb from this picture? http://i.imgur.com/7zGwCjZ.jpg

Along with several rescales of it, as there seems to be a lack of choice in unguided bombs so far, with options of ether tiny and crappy (the 500lb one in stock bdarmory) or one of the utterly huge ones, nothing in between, which i'd like to fix. Bonus points if you can work out a good way to pack several of them into a cramped bomb bay, as i've mostly had bombs on racks not launch right and blow up in the plane.

*salutes* affirmative! I will get working on that ASAP... buuuuuut

here's what I am currently working on:

kYmXiX4.png

I'm gonna call it the "Nuclear Valentina" instead of the Atomic Annie

is that. a nuclear. CANNON!?

Is Jebediah a bad ass? I guess not actually, can't seem to find a bomb to name after him.

OK yes it's a nuclear cannon. It'll fire some smaller nuclear charges and reload in like, a minute. It's gonna be modeled after the Atomic Annie, but not exactly look like it because that would be wayyy too many polys.

Is Jebediah a bad ass? I guess not actually, can't seem to find a bomb to name after him.

OK yes it's a nuclear cannon. It'll fire some smaller nuclear charges and reload in like, a minute. It's gonna be modeled after the Atomic Annie, but not exactly look like it because that would be wayyy too many polys.

using normals for complex meshes is a must for KSP. if you know how i recommend doing that

using normals for complex meshes is a must for KSP. if you know how i recommend doing that

I've known how to use those for a very long time, just despised it because quite frankly I never got the results I wanted. The Atomic Annie will NOT have normal maps BUT, I just figured out yesterday that adding a layer mask with a specular map gives me the results I want on certain materials, the Atomic Annie will be the absolute first released part to have a calculated specular map. I think the results are nice at the moment, I'm actually at this very moment working on it's mount, and after texturing that it will be going through the tedious process of figuring out how turrets work since BD has yet to release the tutorial for it...

sounds are being very fidgity actually... they DO have sounds, but not great ones... I'll replace them ASAP

also, incoming Atomic Annie pictures (probably tomorrow, since I'm having issues with my image host and I have school :P)! I figured out the turrets :D!!!

im glad to see those pictures were useful

The main problem I have been having with the sounds is that they start the instant you see them, somehow exceeding the speed of sound at sea level at sea level.

I think there's a partial solution. Put a second or two of silence at the front of the blast sound. It's not very realistic, but it at least will create a cool effect.

Edited by MatttheCzar

Hmm. You're right.

EDIT: I have a request. When you finish the atomic cannon, please make the railgun from Metal Gear REX. It can be twice-thrice as heavy, uses a lot of electric charge to reload (recharge rails) and is slow at the recharging, but with three to four times the range. Also, please make it have a "vhoomp!" noise, or a dull thud.

Edited by MatttheCzar

Hmm. You're right.

EDIT: I have a request. When you finish the atomic cannon, please make the railgun from Metal Gear REX. It can be twice-thrice as heavy, uses a lot of electric charge to reload (recharge rails) and is slow at the recharging, but with three to four times the range. Also, please make it have a "vhoomp!" noise, or a dull thud.

Don't kill me for saying this... I've never played Metal Gear

with all that said, I think I'll go ahead and make it (though not high on my priorities) since pictures exist and I can find ways to balance it.

EDIT: ATOMIC ANNIE PICTURED TIME!!!

blIxHdK.jpg

B1nn6E3.jpg

Edited by harpwner

Could you make one that is just radial attach, like the 105 mm gun in stock BDA? I am thinking of using the gun in a tank among other things and I think a non turret version would be wonderful for that application.

Regardless, it looks awesome, I cannot wait to use it.

Also, does the gun use the stock cannonshells resource or does it have it's own special nuclearcannonshells resource?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.