[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

I was messing with the genie (I used my three wishes on more nuclear weapons) and found that the flash lasted long after the fireball dissipated, until the shock condensation dissipated. Would it be possible to make the flash last around half a second before fading or disappearing completely?

I've been trying to figure out how to remove the flash after an amount of time, but it won't work... I'm gonna keep trying but until then, I'll remove the flash in 0.4

And another thing about the genie (1.5 Kt) and nukes in general. How exactly are you coming about the numbers? I have been running on the assumption that the blast radius is the 5 psi radius of a ground burst, but putting it into nukemap it appears to be that the radius is quite different. So that has made me wonder, how is the blast radius derived?

Oh, and

, in the unlikely event you have not seen it already. Edited by NuclearNut

And another thing about the genie (1.5 Kt) and nukes in general. How exactly are you coming about the numbers? I have been running on the assumption that the blast radius is the 5 psi radius of a ground burst, but putting it into nukemap it appears to be that the radius is quite different. So that has made me wonder, how is the blast radius derived?

Oh, and

, in the unlikely event you have not seen it already.

most of the numbers are much much smaller than in the real life because there is a practical upper limit on the physics range

So, here we are again, with a new update!

and a new way of presenting them too!

Version 0.4:

+Added Atomic Annie (or Nuclear Valentina)

+Added Railgun (Designed loosely based on the BAE Railgun)

+Added Mk45 127mm Naval Gun (probably my best texturing job yet!)

+Added Radial variants of the Railgun and Atomic Annie

+Added GSh 23l gun pod

+Added 12,000lb dumb bomb

=Fixed up the Genie's explosion based on video footage

=Tweaked the textures of all parts, now with specular mapping, shiny!

=Tweaked the size of the slim flare dispenser, now it's slightly bigger

-Removed the Brimstone missile (until I have missiles down)

-- Quick note on the Paveway IV, no it isn't broken, it needs to be dropped within range or else it will just fly upwards and fall

-- The Railgun does NOT use electric charge, I couldn't figure out how to make 2 ammo types expend at once so I decided to let it fire it's normal tungsten rounds instead

-- The ammo boxes for the new resources (14mm, 127mm, tungsten rounds, and M65 shells) are going to be in an upcoming update, don't worry... all the turrets have ammo

-- Nuclear Tomahawk is also being pushed back, will be released with the ammo boxes

-- Parachutes will have to wait, as I honestly don't have enough will to model them yet

-- Sounds for many of the weapons are placeholder, keep that in mind for the future

-- Of course, any questions, concerns, or bugs should be reported here!

Happy destroying!

Have you thought of a stock BDA type warhead for custom bombs and missiles? IE impact-detonated warheads that stay connected to the craft, for tactical strikes or long-range, high-power cruise missiles. You could have aerodynamic pointed-tip warheads and inline warheads, so you could launch a cluster of MIRV warheads, then fly the leftovers somewhere else. Just an idea, I don't know how possible it is but it's be a useful addition :D

There already are gps guided MIRV warheads in this pack

so, here we are again, with a new update!

And a new way of presenting them too!

version 0.4:

+added atomic annie (or nuclear valentina)

+added railgun (designed loosely based on the bae railgun)

+added mk45 127mm naval gun (probably my best texturing job yet!)

+added radial variants of the railgun and atomic annie

+added gsh 23l gun pod

+added 12,000lb dumb bomb

=fixed up the genie's explosion based on video footage

=tweaked the textures of all parts, now with specular mapping, shiny!

=tweaked the size of the slim flare dispenser, now it's slightly bigger

-removed the brimstone missile (until i have missiles down)

-- quick note on the paveway iv, no it isn't broken, it needs to be dropped within range or else it will just fly upwards and fall

-- the railgun does not use electric charge, i couldn't figure out how to make 2 ammo types expend at once so i decided to let it fire it's normal tungsten rounds instead

-- the ammo boxes for the new resources (14mm, 127mm, tungsten rounds, and m65 shells) are going to be in an upcoming update, don't worry... All the turrets have ammo

-- nuclear tomahawk is also being pushed back, will be released with the ammo boxes

-- parachutes will have to wait, as i honestly don't have enough will to model them yet

-- sounds for many of the weapons are placeholder, keep that in mind for the future

-- of course, any questions, concerns, or bugs should be reported here!

Happy destroying!

hell yeah! I got my mk45! My baby!

Edited by Combatsmithen

There already are gps guided MIRV warheads in this pack

I know, I mean warheads that stay connected to the craft that you don't have to pair coordinates to. Just fly the craft directly into the target and BOOM. just like the BDA small high explosive warhead.

I know, I mean warheads that stay connected to the craft that you don't have to pair coordinates to. Just fly the craft directly into the target and BOOM. just like the BDA small high explosive warhead.

oh, im an idiot, that would be cool, but if you want to for it changes (hopefully) just use the Smart Parts mod to have the warhead be activated once it goes below a certen altitude, this is somewhat getto but it should tide you over until it changes

Can you make the rate of fire more like this?

EDIT: i just went into the settings and made the rate of fire 20 RPM and yaw traverse to 30 DPS. It matches the real gun that way :D.

EDIT 2: Actually, changing the config didnt seem to make a difference in traverse speed or fire rate.

Edited by Combatsmithen

oh, im an idiot, that would be cool, but if you want to for it changes (hopefully) just use the Smart Parts mod to have the warhead be activated once it goes below a certen altitude, this is somewhat getto but it should tide you over until it changes

Wow, cool mod. I didn't even know it existed! And it's ok, you aren't an idiot, the MIRV is a warhead that you can use. Thing is, whenever I fire it from a small custom missile, the missile flips around and crashes the game somehow. It's due to another mod though, at least I think it is. I have dozens :P

LORDPrometheus and harpwner, you guys should work together. i think you guys have thee 2 best mods out there!

We coordinate and share some of our work with one another. On the topic of coordination I also will say that in the near future BDA addon authors will have a way to be better at that

Great work!

You say you encourage requests? :>

The game needs more compact CIWS, Baha's Goalkeeper is just too big in most cases. Soviet AK-230:

400px-AK-230-Museum.jpg

and AK-630:

398988992_c736c4c227.jpg

look like a perfect fit for smaller ships.

Also, there is a small error with Gsh-23L, it is a 23mm autocannon, the caliber is in the name :P

Maybe you could make the turreted variant of this gun from Mi-24VP:

Mi-24d-5f5b3.jpg

If you are looking for some lower caliber dakka here is the most glorious answer:

tumblr_mwa5hceoGO1r2jtclo1_1280.jpg

GUV-8700 gunpod with a YakB 12,7mm and two 7,62mm miniguns :)

Great work!

You say you encourage requests? :>

The game needs more compact CIWS, Baha's Goalkeeper is just too big in most cases. Soviet AK-230:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b6/AK-230-Museum.jpg/400px-AK-230-Museum.jpg

and AK-630:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/178/398988992_c736c4c227.jpg

look like a perfect fit for smaller ships.

Also, there is a small error with Gsh-23L, it is a 23mm autocannon, the caliber is in the name :P

Maybe you could make the turreted variant of this gun from Mi-24VP:

http://sohanews2.vcmedia.vn/thumb_w/600/2013/Mi-24d-5f5b3.jpg

If you are looking for some lower caliber dakka here is the most glorious answer:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d9dd3d8f4a09898fa62ed47ee64572e6/tumblr_mwa5hceoGO1r2jtclo1_1280.jpg

GUV-8700 gunpod with a YakB 12,7mm and two 7,62mm miniguns :)

I'll need to fix the GSh then... I have no idea where I got 14.5mm from O_o

I'm going to make the turreted variant of that as well as a small ship mounted CIWS, as for the gun-pod with all those guns, I'll pass since that's a lot of weapon config to deal with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.