[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

IMPORTANT

I will be replying to posts on the forum, but I cannot get any work done until next week. The reason? I am running on 2 school projects, the near end of a quarter, and my birthday is in a couple of days.

Thanks for all your time, and please have patience... requests will still be taken, but progress won't begin on 0.6 until next week

Can you make this work with ckan please :D... also can you make all the missile that can have a nuclear potential have a nuclear variant please, exe; AGM-158B Cruise Missile into a AGM-158A Cruise Missile.

Can you make this work with ckan please :D... also can you make all the missile that can have a nuclear potential have a nuclear variant please, exe; AGM-158B Cruise Missile into a AGM-158A Cruise Missile.

The problem is that every nuclear bomb has a different yield, which means a different sized explosion. I have to make/retweak an effect each time... And test it

Consider about 1 and a half hours for each nuke

Star Wars turbolaser anyone?

Rescaled 50cal turret with changed effect and tracer colors as well as firing sound looks just perfect. Seen it done in one of the videos on Youtube.

I'd really like to have it changed to laser, and have proper 50cal turret similar to the ones B-29 has.

I know this mod is mainly about heavy ordnances such as nuclear weapons and MOABs but I thought of something unique being added to this pack. Meet the Yokosuka MXY-7 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Japanese_Ohka_rocket_plane.jpg/300px-Japanese_Ohka_rocket_plane.jpg

Do you suggest the warhead...? or the whole plane (jet... rocket?)

by the way, considering what it is, I think it counts for heavy ordnance... just, need more specifics!

I know this mod is mainly about heavy ordnances such as nuclear weapons and MOABs but I thought of something unique being added to this pack. Meet the Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka:

Okha.jpg

The Ohka was a manned rocket powered suicide plane. It was described as, "Essentially a 1,200 kg (2,646 lb) bomb with wooden wings, powered by three Type 4 Model 1 Mark 20 solid-fuel rocket motors." The plane suffered a limited range of 23 miles, which meant it had to be dropped via a mothership bomber. (though there were a 50 models with a built in thermo-jet engine) While it did not have a large impact on the war in the pacific theatre, the Ohka was a unique technological marvel. Which is why I recommend it be added to this pack. Thank you for your time (extra links below)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokosuka_MXY7_Ohka

http://ww2db.com/aircraft_spec.php?aircraft_model_id=379

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/aircraft/Yokosuka-Ohka.html

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, accidentally submitted that preview. New one below

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I request the plane, jet or rocket power would be completely up to you.

I'd be happy to make this, though... I may want to try a few things. First of all it will have rocket propulsion, and the explosion WILL be spectacular. The real question is make it a separate craft or cruise missile.

I'm thinking cruise missile, with a low accuracy if I can manage it. If you have any further thoughts, or requests, post here.

Here's the problem with that:

I'm horrible at IVAs... it probably won't be anything like that anytime soon, and the worst part is this implies that I would need to make a seperate part, just a warhead:

and that means I can't make a custom explosion D:

so, I think we'll need to stick to a cruise missile... maybe in the future when I figure out how to make IVAs (because I've looked at their cfg files... not fun)

I can't make it REQUIRE a kerbal... but I CAN make it an optional seat :)

An optional seat would be fine. But my imagery of this is just seeing hundreds of these bombing the nearby island airfield at once. :)

Then maybe something like a V-1 is better? And it doesn't need a seat or IVA

Edited by Acea

An optional seat would be fine. But my imagery of this is just seeing hundreds of these bombing the nearby island airfield at once. :)
Then maybe something like a V-1 is better? And it doesn't need a seat or IVA

Why not both?

A little small but looks nice:)

Bug Report:

Mk 45 uses 5"/62shell now, which should be 5/62Shell in C.A.L, and it couldn't fire until I fixed that myself

That's just in blender, the scale will be changed upon unity import.

Also, thanks for the report, I'll get on it ASAP

(Still in school though)

Why not have the human powered v-1 too?

Fieseler Fi 103R Reichenberg :)http://pre10.deviantart.net/55f7/th/pre/f/2013/229/6/5/fieseler_fi_103r_reichenberg_on_display_at_hea_by_fivefingerdeathguy-d6il3uj.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Really nice! I thought it would take 2 weeks. Clearly I do not know Blender :)

Meet 2 hours of work xD

I think just the normal V-1, with inaccurate gps guidance

That's a great idea, EMPs... I wish there was support for that!

Hey, on the subject of different weapons, would a napalm/incendiary bomb type thing work?

The explosion effect would be a normal explosion, then a fire-type effect that lasts for a bit. Then it would generate heat in the blast radius.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.