[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

If you were to create an EMP, it would be difficult to create one alone without a nuclear explosion. If you wanted to you could just drain the power of any vehicle in a nearby radius around the explosion depending on what weapon it was (since the vehicle would be instantly demolished if it was in the blast radius of the explosion) , no special effects needed. We could also have hardened electronics, such as what Air Force One has on it's plane to deflect EMPs. Or even something as simple as a faraday cage.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, considering that the Skillful mod was able to create ever lasting pockets of fire, I am sure what you're talking about would be possible.

I remember skillful, and what he did was pretty cool with the fire and heat effects. Sadly... a lasting explosion is unsupported, and I'm not doing plugins yet... so we'll have to pester BD about it

and, the EMP thing is also something I'll need BD for... he probably won't do it though so wait until I start my coding ventures :D

I remember skillful, and what he did was pretty cool with the fire and heat effects. Sadly... a lasting explosion is unsupported, and I'm not doing plugins yet... so we'll have to pester BD about it

and, the EMP thing is also something I'll need BD for... he probably won't do it though so wait until I start my coding ventures :D

I know it probably doesn't work like this, or isn't compatible, but you could ask InfinityDice about how he did it.

The problem is that every nuclear bomb has a different yield, which means a different sized explosion. I have to make/retweak an effect each time... And test it

Consider about 1 and a half hours for each nuke

Well, i am no expert on this but i may be able to help (it would be my first time working on a full fledged ksp mod) but i code some games in my free time, i am in a few coding classes too. in 3d modeling i'm still learning so i won't be too much help in that. i think i could do some of your more tedious work, like making things like my request. i will do some research on this until i get an answer (goodbye sleep) also i have to thank you for all that you do.

ps the main coding languages i know are java script, gml (game maker language (basicly python)), python. if i need to learn a new one to help just tell me.:)

Well, i am no expert on this but i may be able to help (it would be my first time working on a full fledged ksp mod) but i code some games in my free time, i am in a few coding classes too. in 3d modeling i'm still learning so i won't be too much help in that. i think i could do some of your more tedious work, like making things like my request. i will do some research on this until i get an answer (goodbye sleep) also i have to thank you for all that you do.

ps the main coding languages i know are java script, gml (game maker language (basicly python)), python. if i need to learn a new one to help just tell me.:)

I normally like to work solo, there are a few exceptions but the biggest thing is that there is no coding involved in my mod right now. In the sort-of-near-future I will implement some of my C# knowledge (probably when unity 5 update comes out) and start making some plugins for things like incendiary warheads or some EMP system... the possibilities

but for now... the only real huge work is modelling and texturing, which has always been something that I pursued

Nukes in KSP? Right on.

v1BCgd8.png

Orion, rather... but something isn't quite right...

3U4r9qR.png

That's better! Time to drop them all at once an see what happens!

Ng2Vwhv.png

Not only did something survive, but it made it to 5000 meters! Now I just need a system to spit them out in intervals, and a way to make the Orion rocket a guided nuclear missile.

Look, I built a very tough tank, which survived a direct hit. Twice. And it still had functional weapons and control systems. Seems that a 300 part tank is worth every frame.

Does anyone know about Project Pluto? If not, I would recommend reading this, seriously.

It was an idea for a nuclear powered cruise missile, but you should see the after effects. I do not recommend adding this, but I just felt you guys should see it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto

Definitely seen that before. Absolutely the pinnacle of Cold War paranoia and willingness to use nuclear weapons

Does anyone know about Project Pluto? If not, I would recommend reading this, seriously.

It was an idea for a nuclear powered cruise missile, but you should see the after effects. I do not recommend adding this, but I just felt you guys should see it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121224-1-04-Mk2-Expansion-v1-6-UDATE-9-24-2015

Here you go.. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.