[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Awesome mod/pack! Love it!!!

However i have one suggestion: When the bomb goes off, there is no "flash" like when a real nuclear weapons is detonated. So maybe could you add an effect that makes you blinded for a second? 

Like in this video of a test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdy1Yp1h5A

Note how when it explodes it produces a violent blue flash. 

I would appreciate if you made this a thing!!!

15 hours ago, Alfatejp said:

Awesome mod/pack! Love it!!!

However i have one suggestion: When the bomb goes off, there is no "flash" like when a real nuclear weapons is detonated. So maybe could you add an effect that makes you blinded for a second? 

Note how when it explodes it produces a violent blue flash. 

I would appreciate if you made this a thing!!!

That flash is due to the limitations of the camera, it should be white, not blue.

Also, I have no idea if that's possible

6 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

That flash is due to the limitations of the camera, it should be white, not blue.

Also, I have no idea if that's possible

Right. White flash. BIG FLASH

If a flash was implemented the mod would be much more realistic and the bomb would feel more powerful.

If it works or not is up to the mod developer :) it was just a simple request, which means it will probably not be implemented. But i hope that he might think about implementing it though!

1 hour ago, Alfatejp said:

Right. White flash. BIG FLASH

If a flash was implemented the mod would be much more realistic and the bomb would feel more powerful.

If it works or not is up to the mod developer :) it was just a simple request, which means it will probably not be implemented. But i hope that he might think about implementing it though!

well it's really up to the engine and the game. Sadly I haven't been able to get it work but that's not for lack of trying.

1 hour ago, Noellen said:

@harpwner Sry for asking again, zumwalt class weapons?

lol I keep forgetting to click the quote button and reply. Yeah I'll do those weapons, just don't expect them too soon as I've got school and I'm now teaching myself Guitar on top of my YouTube channel. You could say I'm too busy, I say I'm just extremely good at juggling responsibilities.

Maybe you could create the nuclear flash similarly to the way that SQUAD makes the skybox darken when you look at the sun, using and tweaking the glare from the sun to appear when you look at the flash. I'm not sure how that would work (not even sure if I make sense) but a suggestion anyway.

Well i have the same problem of the nukes not exploding and I've tried dropping them from REALLY high up and REALLY low to the ground and i need a video up soon but if theres no big nuke explosion then no video

MODS (i haven't play ksp in a year so i don't have a lot of mods)

BDarmory and kerbin dynamics 

VesselMover

KAX

and CAL

37 minutes ago, PineApplePotatoe said:

Well i have the same problem of the nukes not exploding and I've tried dropping them from REALLY high up and REALLY low to the ground and i need a video up soon but if theres no big nuke explosion then no video

MODS (i haven't play ksp in a year so i don't have a lot of mods)

BDarmory and kerbin dynamics 

VesselMover

KAX

and CAL

NOBODY REPLY I FIGURED IT OUT

Sadly I downloaded this mod but then when i droped/fireed the  bombs I get no explosion effect just the stock crash effect. No mushroom cloud. (btw i tested all of them) They do the damage but then then its not fun without the mushroom cloud. : (

Short Form: No big nuke explosion.

Edited by BlackDart
More infomation

6 hours ago, BlackDart said:

Sadly I downloaded this mod but then when i droped/fireed the  bombs I get no explosion effect just the stock crash effect. No mushroom cloud. (btw i tested all of them) They do the damage but then then its not fun without the mushroom cloud. : (

Hi there. Do you have BD Armory and a weapon manger in your vessel ?

Plus try arming the craft by clicking the Trigger button. Drop the bomb at atleast 300-1000m high to ensure survival of the vessel.

Hope this helps :)

6 hours ago, BlackDart said:

Did you follow all installation instructions? The directory should be like GameData\North Kerbin Weaponry

9 hours ago, BlackDart said:

When I first got the mod I thought it was broken but if you have a nuke on a plane or whatever make sure you don't just jettison it because you gotta fire the "missle" then it should explode snd also make sure your altitude is acceptable

AHEM

Hello Everyone, I have a progress report. Latin II has been tough on me due to vocab and tests, but now I'm mostly freed from such horrific responsibilities...

So I've experimented a bit

And while creating my KV-2 turret, I decided to add a bit to the texture and even give it a normal map... the result?

hYwN7gK.jpg

IbWhmiP.jpg

I think I can take the spot for sexiest turret in BDArmory right? pretty please?

On a sidenote, I will begin work on the naval guns. All requests thus far are accepted so this next update is basically turrets... turrets...and turrets

Edited by harpwner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.