[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Just a thought for after our next update: the AGM-69 SRAM (Short-range attack missile). This was a nuclear air to surface missile that carried a W69 warhead with a 170 to 200 kiloton yield. It had an operational range of roughly 110 nautical miles and was intended to be launched from a B-52. The missile also used an inertial navigation system and radar altimeter for semi-ballistic or terrain following flight paths. While it was eventually replaced by the AGM-86 in the early 1990s due to safety cautions, I believe it would be a neat, but powerful add on for the mod.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-69_SRAM

http://www.boeing.com/history/products/agm-69-short-range-attack-missile.page

sram__1.jpg

AGM-69 In flight

agm-69a_sram_2.jpg

AGM-69 SRAM's on rotary launcher in B-52

Edited by Voyager2
The original 1st picture did not show up.

3 hours ago, Angstinator said:

I didn't know they had one, never used it because redundancies.

Check it out. Its generally a good idea to try other mods before requesting something lest it already exist. No need to take up a mod maker's time and resources building something that's already out there

On 2/29/2016 at 1:39 PM, G.man said:

So in the next update could you please add nuclear capabilities to where they should be, or at least to the scud

Yup, I'll add that to my todo list

This next update so far will include:

- Revamped bump textures for most models

- Some new parts, including turrets mainly (giving me issues because unity isn't importing my Tiger turret and the zumwalt gun doesn't like to... Not be glitchy)

- New progressive explosions tested and approved by me... Now I need to fix up a new module for the weapons

- New explosions for: on the ground, in atmosphere, and in space (implimented this myself, will increase update time though)

I know I haven't said much, but I'm getting through very tight schedules, so please understand this may be a long update in the making until I get a nice long break from other responsibilities.

- Harpwner

28 minutes ago, Radon86 said:

Mushroom clouds do not appear when i drop anykind of bomb or nuke, i just get the regular stock explosion.HELP!

Not installed correctly (put in default directories) or used without BDArmory

1 hour ago, MarvinCZ said:

How are you launching the nukes? Please describe in more detail what you are doing.

I tried dropping a small nuke (but this applies for all nukes and bombs) from a fighter with and without decoupler.Didn't work.Tried it on a test platform with wheels (like SWDennis), again with and without decoupler, didn't work.I even tried changing the bomb settings by right-clicking on the bomb.Didn't make a difference.

24 minutes ago, Radon86 said:

I tried dropping a small nuke (but this applies for all nukes and bombs) from a fighter with and without decoupler.Didn't work.Tried it on a test platform with wheels (like SWDennis), again with and without decoupler, didn't work.I even tried changing the bomb settings by right-clicking on the bomb.Didn't make a difference.

Just crashing the bomb into stuff won't work. You need to use either the bomb's "Fire Missile" action, or a BDArmory Weapons Manager. A decoupler isn't needed.

If you still have trouble, look up some BDArmory tutorial. The nukes are used just like any other BDA bomb.

11 hours ago, MAXIMUMPOTATO said:

Just installed this mod, i have BD armory and CAL working just fine, none of the weapons have textures (just plane white) and the bombs don't go off, they just break like normal parts. Any idea what i did wrong?

That definitely sounds like bad installation. How did you install the mod? As said shortly above, the mod folder must go inside GameData, not BDArmory. That's one of the common mistakes.

18 hours ago, MarvinCZ said:

Just crashing the bomb into stuff won't work. You need to use either the bomb's "Fire Missile" action, or a BDArmory Weapons Manager. A decoupler isn't needed.

If you still have trouble, look up some BDArmory tutorial. The nukes are used just like any other BDA bomb.

Thanks a bunch man! Will try it today.

So it appears I have got the progressive explosions/shockwaves to work on the nuclear bombs... so here's a video to demonstrate

It's not much but something I just kinda threw together... couldn't help put a few cinematic elements in of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.