[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

22 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

No offense but people asking when it will be updated was the very reason they closed it. It was mentioned about a million times that it will be updated when its updated

there is no reason to ask considering it is always soontm

I downloaded this mod rather than exploding to the giant mushroom cloud it explodes a normal explosion and it doesnt even destroy anything

this is the same for the castle bravo and all nukes

i downloaded all the content dependinces needed

Edited by Space20

2 hours ago, Space20 said:

I downloaded this mod rather than exploding to the giant mushroom cloud it explodes a normal explosion and it doesnt even destroy anything

this is the same for the castle bravo and all nukes

i downloaded all the content dependinces needed

Are you clicking the "Fire missile" button and not jettisoning or crashing it into the ground?

42 minutes ago, Space20 said:

Crashing it into the ground.... i forgot to fire missile probably.. im using castle bravo

Yeah, they don't detonate if you use a decoupler or crash your craft. You need to right click it, then fire or assign it to an action group in the editor. Or you can add a weapon manager and assign its fire missile button to a key so you can fire any of your missiles/bombs with a single key. I believe the MIRV also has an instant detonate button if you want an airburst.

I gotta say thank you all for being so patient, and especially thanks to those who have been active here and answering questions on my behalf in my absence. So where have I been?

Well a couple years ago I was diagnosed with a spine condition called scoliosis in which my spine was curved pretty badly, and twisted on top of that. Recently, I got surgery to fix it. The surgery went flawlessly, but due to nerve pains and my general condition, sitting down at my computer like I am right now is painful and can only be temporary. This nerve pain is projected to relieve itself in around a week, so it is possible that is the soonest I can resume development. Until then I need to rest and heal. Again thank you all for being so patient behind this mod. It isn't dead! and neither is it's creator!

-Harpwner

8 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Can there be an RSS config with realistic-sized damage radii?

there's no real reason, since the damage radii are already real world values

Edited by harpwner

30 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I thought you had that sorted already?

I got one for submarines…not for aircraft….however i found a plug in that lets me switch the warheads back and forth….im going to try it out

Edit: didn't work

Edited by War Eagle 1

I posted some code on the last page that converts the tomahawk missile into a nuclear variant. Will also work on any other missile and if you duplicate the file and change the names, you can keep the original part too.

21 minutes ago, Collider1 said:

I posted some code on the last page that converts the tomahawk missile into a nuclear variant. Will also work on any other missile and if you duplicate the file and change the names, you can keep the original part too.

I already know how to do that. However the RP group I'm with does not allow it and the only mod that currently has a nuclear cruise missile is the two in Blue Hawk by @TMasterson5 however both of his are too large for MK2 cargo bays.

I am having problems with the GSh-23 and the GSh-301. They have no ammo in them, and since there is no 23mm or 30mm ammo boxes for them, I can't use them. Havent tested the M129 grenade launcher, but I suspect that it is the same, along with the helicopter turret variant. There is no right click info on any of them when you hover over them in the part list, normally that would show the amount of a resource inside of the cannon. Im using 1.1.3

P.S. It sucks because im trying to build as accurate of a Mig-15 that I can D:

P.P.S. It also appears that the gunpod isnt on the part list either. Interesting.....

P.P.P.S. Found it

Edited by Combatsmithen

On 03/07/2016 at 4:50 PM, popeter45 said:

yea im having same no boom with nukes

full arming and firing but no explosion

normal bombs work fine

You need CAL: 

It adds a new ammo box which can be configured to hold many different ammo types.

On 03/07/2016 at 4:50 PM, popeter45 said:

yea im having same no boom with nukes

full arming and firing but no explosion

normal bombs work fine

Do MOABs FOABs and MGM-140s work? Are you sure the bombs are working properly and not just impact exploding like a regular part? Cluster bombs could also be a good way to test this.

Edited by Collider1

tried foab and had full particals 

also original cal is dead so use cal++

will try with this now

edit: tested and nukes still dont work (tested w88 and b-61)

Edited by popeter45

On ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎17 at 2:57 AM, JellyCubes said:

I like how the MOAB (with an equivalent TNT yield of 11 tonnes) has a blast radius comparable to the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima (with an equivalent TNT yield of 15,000 tonnes). :)

On ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎18 at 7:21 AM, LORDPrometheus said:

Would you be willing to share your secrets to beautiful explosions for my existing BLU-82 and GBU-57A?

*BREATHES*

MY FRIENDS, as the 1,000th poster I bring great news! 

I have recovered enough to sit down for long periods of time, so that means I can continue developing this mod!

I will be looking through posts for bugs and such, until then know that I have returned!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.