[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

After much testing with the Scud, here are it's stats:

Minimum range: 15km

Maximum range: unknown (I hit KSC2 from the runway...)

Maximum speed: 1,715 m/s (pretty much exactly like the real Scud O_o)

Accuracy: around +-100m or so

Note that these stats came with some tweaks, tweaks that actually make it much more reliable!

I found a bug that makes the range pretty much infinite... basically the cruise phase ends but it keeps on thrusting... just no particle effect. This means the missile can pretty much travel indefinetely... and the real problem is that it's a BDArmory issue so eh, enjoy your infinite range Scuds!

P.S: KSC2 turned out to be around 1,400km away from the KSC, meaning my Scud has at LEAST double the range of the real life Scud D... so yeah

Edited by harpwner

11 minutes ago, harpwner said:

After much testing with the Scud, here are it's stats:

Minimum range: 15km

Maximum range: unknown (I hit KSC2 from the runway...)

Maximum speed: 1,715 m/s (pretty much exactly like the real Scud O_o)

Accuracy: around +-100m or so

Note that these stats came with some tweaks, tweaks that actually make it much more reliable!

I found a bug that makes the range pretty much infinite... basically the cruise phase ends but it keeps on thrusting... just no particle effect. This means the missile can pretty much travel indefinetely... and the real problem is that it's a BDArmory issue so eh, enjoy your infinite range Scuds!

P.S: KSC2 turned out to be around 1,400km away from the KSC, meaning my Scud has at LEAST double the range of the real life Scud D... so yeah

Hi! I posted on the last page, with a few updates on my situation. 

P.S. Sorry, I had a glitch. So, here's my updates. The Nuclear Valentina and all smaller ordnance work, but I'm not sure about B-61, and B-83 and above do not work.

Edited by Edlu Kerman

15 hours ago, Edlu Kerman said:

Hi! I posted on the last page, with a few updates on my situation. 

Edlu Kerman i had the same thing happen to me go to your ksp folder go to gamedata and click north kerbin weaponry inside the mod go to plugins and see if its empty if so download the mod again now with the new folder go into plugins copy the missing dll file and put it in the other plugins file thats missing it 

1 minute ago, Zeus2545 said:

Edlu Kerman i had the same thing happen to me go to your ksp folder go to gamedata and click north kerbin weaponry inside the mod go to plugins and see if its empty if so download the mod again now with the new folder go into plugins copy the missing dll file and put it in the other plugins file thats missing it 

Okay

15 hours ago, Edlu Kerman said:

I have no plugins folder.

okay yeah you are having the same problem that i had download the mod again dont install this one just grab the missing plugin folder and put it in the mod

Edited by Zeus2545
miss spell

Yeah, I managed to hit targets with the M26 (isn't it not an M26, given that those are unguided?) about 70 kilometers away. Would be absurd for the SCUD to have a range shorter than that.

[EDIT]

Just read the new stats. Definitely strange.

Edited by Angstinator

12 hours ago, Zeus2545 said:

okay yeah you are having the same problem that i had download the mod again dont install this one just grab the missing plugin folder and put it in the mod

Thanks! What happened was my antivirus quarantined it. LOL:sticktongue:

Also, Harpwner, I've been watching Kerbal Konflict. Seems good.

Edited by Edlu Kerman

2 hours ago, Edlu Kerman said:

IT STILL ISN"T WORKING!! ERMAGHERD! :mad:

double check that it's there? make sure the Antivirus didn't pull the same thing again... that's the only explanation we have. No mod conflicts or installation errors, it has to be the plugin.

11 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Yeah, I managed to hit targets with the M26 (isn't it not an M26, given that those are unguided?) about 70 kilometers away. Would be absurd for the SCUD to have a range shorter than that.

[EDIT]

Just read the new stats. Definitely strange.

Welp, thanks for that! I remodeled the M-26, made it unguided, and also made an M-30 which is GPS guided. Now there are options! and the missiles look way better now as well :P

1 hour ago, harpwner said:

double check that it's there? make sure the Antivirus didn't pull the same thing again... that's the only explanation we have. No mod conflicts or installation errors, it has to be the plugin.

It's there, but, I also noticed a NKD folder outside the gamedata, which I quickly removed. Haven't tested anything since then, It could be solved! :D

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

It's fixed? Great, that's an odd problem but great!

Also, Nuclear SCUD?

I'll consider it... lol

1 minute ago, harpwner said:

It's fixed? Great, that's an odd problem but great!

I'll consider it... lol

YES! It's fixed! And the desire for nuclear SCUD comes from "This is the conventional version"

Also, there are no other long range nuclear missiles

1 hour ago, Jackeled said:

@War Eagle 1 RP group?? As in something like kerben konflict??

Its a Facebook group I'm with. Its similar to kerbin conflict 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/549183575234848/

And yes a nuke scud would be great too please.

28 minutes ago, Edlu Kerman said:

YES! It's fixed! And the desire for nuclear SCUD comes from "This is the conventional version"

Also, there are no other long range nuclear missiles

Blue Hawk Industries 

I may as well make a nuclear Scud, working with it now after all!

I think a lot of things are coming in the update that may surprise you guys! A lot of focus on things like artillery missiles and long range stuff, especially different types of turrets!

1 minute ago, harpwner said:

I think a lot of things are coming in the update that may surprise you guys! A lot of focus on things like artillery missiles and long range stuff, especially different types of turrets!

Yay!

1 hour ago, harpwner said:

can we get an possible ETA? I know we are not suppose to ask stuff like that but you are quite active and sound like you are almost done so i hope you can forgive me for this one

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.