[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Okay so i need some help.I tried all the bombs like the foab moab tsar and all that good stuff.But one problem.They wont explode correctly.They just act as debree.Ive tried alot of things firing them,shooting them,dropping them etc.

Did i install it wrong?I put it into the bd armory file.I dont know why they wont explode correctly.Please help me.

9 hours ago, lightningshark2 said:

Okay so i need some help.I tried all the bombs like the foab moab tsar and all that good stuff.But one problem.They wont explode correctly.They just act as debree.Ive tried alot of things firing them,shooting them,dropping them etc.

Did i install it wrong?I put it into the bd armory file.I dont know why they wont explode correctly.Please help me.

before asking a question please read the previous comments, this problem and many others have been answered already, as to you problem, BD Armory addons (like this one) are instaled like any other mod you just put them into gamedata not the BD Armory folder itself.

7 hours ago, YourCompanionCube said:

before asking a question please read the previous comments, this problem and many others have been answered already, as to you problem, BD Armory addons (like this one) are instaled like any other mod you just put them into gamedata not the BD Armory folder itself.

Exactly.

Quick update for y'all (even though I'm not southern!):

I took a couple days break from both the forum and mod dev to refresh myself a bit. Needed a bit more gaming :P

The update is now back on track and probably a day or two from done, I just made what is probably a first in BDArmory addons, you'll see when I release my teaser for it!

9 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Quick update for y'all (even though I'm not southern!):

I took a couple days break from both the forum and mod dev to refresh myself a bit. Needed a bit more gaming :P

The update is now back on track and probably a day or two from done, I just made what is probably a first in BDArmory addons, you'll see when I release my teaser for it!

Why do you tease us before the teaser? :(

16 hours ago, Nerfclasher said:

@harpwner

there has been a change in ownership for bdarmory

here is the new thread 

Thanks for notifying me, shouldn't be too many changes but it is nice to know that someone is going to maintain it until Baha makes his return, if he does.

I have an Idea, what about some of the nuclear warheads that went on such already recreated in other KSP mods missiles as... the Redstone, Atlas, Titan I & II, Jupiter, & the R7.... basically Nuclear warheads that you can put on the rockets from Bluedog Design Bureau...

2 hours ago, KSPNerd said:

I have an Idea, what about some of the nuclear warheads that went on such already recreated in other KSP mods missiles as... the Redstone, Atlas, Titan I & II, Jupiter, & the R7.... basically Nuclear warheads that you can put on the rockets from Bluedog Design Bureau...

What size(s) would I need to make?

@harpwner Was testing the new version of BDArmory and it seems to have broken some of your parts.

The B-61 and B-83 just crash and do not go nuclear. However the nuclear valentina did work

I saw the following in the log and it looks like a recompile may be needed as some references may be altered

[ERR 17:54:27.995] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'NorthKerbinMod': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'NorthKerbinMod.ModuleNuclearExplosive' from assembly 'NorthKerbinMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BahaTurret, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'BahaTurret, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BahaTurret, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

2 hours ago, gomker said:

@harpwner Was testing the new version of BDArmory and it seems to have broken some of your parts.

The B-61 and B-83 just crash and do not go nuclear. However the nuclear valentina did work

I saw the following in the log and it looks like a recompile may be needed as some references may be altered

[ERR 17:54:27.995] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'NorthKerbinMod': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'NorthKerbinMod.ModuleNuclearExplosive' from assembly 'NorthKerbinMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I've seen a similar situation which broke our torpedo/depth charge plugin

The problem seems to be the reference plugin from BDArmory... BahaTurret... can't be loaded since it's been updated, and something was tinkered with giving it a different name or version or something. I'll check it out in the morning... it's very late here :P

On 2016/8/1 at 1:42 PM, harpwner said:

The problem seems to be the reference plugin from BDArmory... BahaTurret... can't be loaded since it's been updated, and something was tinkered with giving it a different name or version or something. I'll check it out in the morning... it's very late here :P

The issue is now gone with the latest BDA release

Edited by Acea

On 7/29/2016 at 6:29 PM, harpwner said:

What size(s) would I need to make?

You would need to make both 1.25 & 1.875m warheads. I would also make variations for different yields, including:

a 1.25m 3.8mt (W39) warhead for the Redstone; a 1.25m 1.45mt (W49) Warhead for Jupiter, Thor, & Atlas; a 1.25m 3.75mt (W38) warhead for Atlas & Titan I; & a 0.625m 9mt (W53) Warhead for Titan II.

On 8/2/2016 at 2:08 PM, KSPNerd said:

You would need to make both 1.25 & 1.875m warheads. I would also make variations for different yields, including:

a 1.25m 3.8mt (W39) warhead for the Redstone; a 1.25m 1.45mt (W49) Warhead for Jupiter, Thor, & Atlas; a 1.25m 3.75mt (W38) warhead for Atlas & Titan I; & a 0.625m 9mt (W53) Warhead for Titan II.

Ah ok, well those must wait. The new update is for all intensive purposes done. I'm just now testing and making sure everything works smoothly, and in the process making an update trailer because reasons!

On 8/3/2016 at 8:46 PM, harpwner said:

Ah ok, well those must wait. The new update is for all intensive purposes done. I'm just now testing and making sure everything works smoothly, and in the process making an update trailer because reasons!

That's fine! I completely understand, take your time. Also, I would recommend adding ablator to the current MIRV, so it can survive reentry without vaporizing, then it would a true warhead for an ICBM.

UPDATE DAY! v0.80

This one took a while just because of my erratic recovery. Here's a changelog for the new update!:

+ LAV AD Turret (requires P.E.W Stinger missiles for the pods)

+ MLRS Turret (for the artillery missiles!)

+ Remodeled the M-26, and Added the M-31 artillery missiles (M-26 unguided, M-31 GPS)

+ Nuclear Scud Variant

+ Scud Launcher

+ Paladin Turret

+ Chaparral Turret

+ FAB-100, 250, and 5000 (all made by @Quabbo)

+ Anti Ballistic Missile  (Testing, not final model or texture)

= Fixed the Scud's guidance (can now go over 100km!)

= Improved some explosion FX

The next few updates are going to be remastering updates, a lot of my textures and models are now obsolete as I've much improved my techniques in my time with this mod. This doesn't mean there won't be new things, it just isn't the focus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.