[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

well poo

childish response I know but I ran into a big issue that's a little setback

you see, while testing napalm, I came to find a few bugs in the system, so they have to be ironed out... through code

so yeah, it'll be a bit longer, but I'll keep going at it!

1 minute ago, harpwner said:

well poo

you see, while testing napalm, I came to find a few bugs in the system, so they have to be ironed out... through code

Aw darn. Let's all hope for the best you can fix those bugs! :wink: 

EDIT: Did you see the Super moon today? Its the biggest since 1948. (If i'm right)

Edited by KerbalMan23

7 hours ago, harpwner said:

well poo

Hey harp idk if you saw my question or not.  "So for the Anti ballistic missiles, is there a radar capable of working with its range and how do I even get things to load at these distances? Also is there any sort of patch for resizing for Realism Overhaul?"

Is there any way to make use of them?

13 hours ago, harpwner said:

well poo

Thats fine. Better finding those bugs now than later

13 hours ago, PilotTroll said:

Hey, I dont know how much you know about ai codding, but i would love to see you refine the experimental missile guidance system and let us build our on ICBMs with stock rocket parts and include a few war heads.

Well seeing as Ksp isn't too AI friendly, coupled with the fact that I'm pretty unfamiliar with AI, I don't see that being a possibility

1 hour ago, Kombat engineer said:

Hi we would like an update on the update.

@Kombat engineer, one of the rules in the forum forbids users to repeatedly ask about mod update dates. Modders work out of their own passion, and don't always have the time to update their mods in response to new versions the game. A few posts about yours, there was already an inquiry about an update, and the modder had already stated that they were working on it.

If it hasn't been released by Monday as it was intended, then we must be patient and wait until it is.

10 hours ago, harpwner said:

To speed things up I'm going to get napalm as good as I can and release it tonight if I can, then you guys can point out all the bugs for me :D

You don't have to if you don't want to?

I'm psyched, and hunting bugs is almost as fun as nuking the KSC so looking forward to it.

Great mod, had a blast (heh) bombing kerbin with this. Pity the nukes don't work properly right now (or i'm doing something wrong on my end, entirely possible). If you're still open to requests, an AGM-129Storm Shadow or BrahMos (or II even?) would be pretty cool to see.

Technical whatnot over here

Spoiler

The good thing about the Brahmos is it isn't too far in design from the P-800, except it's much faster and a tad smaller, with the cost of a shorter operational range (for the prototype at any rate. production variant's supposed to have identical range to Oniks.) For Brahmos II, it has surprisingly angular features, which should be slightly easier to model (read: considerably difficult). For the storm shadow, all I can say is good luck ._.

On an unrelated noted, you spelled 'yield' wrong on FOAB, and only the FOAB, somehow.

-wrench

So it turns out the big issue that was plaguing me and preventing my release

is a problem with BDArmory itself...

so I'll go ahead and release the compatibility update, and pass on the issue to the other thread. The actual issue will be described here:

Spoiler

While testing the napalm, I encountered an issue in which the napalm would generate heat, but the explosion effect would appear in a completely different location.

I held back a bit to test, confident I could fix it

But then after trying multiple changes, I saw that the nuclear bombs had the same issue, which didn't plague previous versions...

On top of that, after dropping the explosive from BDArmory (note it was the warhead and not the normal bombs) from a plane, it had the same exact issue.

If anyone reproduces this, please tell me so I can confirm and pass this on to PapaJoe, otherwise I may have to try things on my own install.

I think it is a BDArmory issue though, seeing I did a full clean install and still had this issue.

Anywho, update time!

NKD Update v0.8.2

* Compatibility with BDArmory for 1.2.1
* Added in the Mk77 Incendiary Bomb (WARNING: NAPALM CODE IS UNFINISHED!)
* Various improvements to code
* Various improvements to textures and models
* Other things I forgot

58 minutes ago, PilotTroll said:

when you say napalm code is unfinished, does that mean functional or not functional?

functional

but kinda broken

basically untested since the whole effects but means it's hard to tell whether it's working or not but things have burned and exploded so yeah.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.