[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

On 11/15/2016 at 7:19 PM, infinax said:

so i considered the description of the gub 39s a challenge uh and then this happened one air craft with 548 part and weiging 43 touns if i can figure out how to get a screenshot in 1.2 I'll post it here

if it's through steam, F12 should do it.

@harpwner Sorry, but your download link had to be removed as your mod is not currently complying with our Add-On Posting Rules. Specifically: Source code for plugins must be made available publicly (either included with the download or hosted somewhere like github); and the download package must include a copy of the license. You might also want to make the license shown on Spacedock match the license described in the OP

3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@harpwner Sorry, but your download link had to be removed as your mod is not currently complying with our Add-On Posting Rules. Specifically: Source code for plugins must be made available publicly (either included with the download or hosted somewhere like github); and the download package must include a copy of the license. You might also want to make the license shown on Spacedock match the license described in the OP

Oh whoops

you know I had that feeling in the back of my head that I was forgetting a rule but couldn't put my finger on it. Once I get home today I'll find a good way to get that done (currently at school)

1 hour ago, CoolJWB said:

Um. I don't get the nukes to work. They only explode in a normal KSP explosion. Plz halp!

XD

Are you using the latest version of the mod?

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Fixed it! The license file and source folder should now both be in the mod download. If there are any other issues please do tell!

And thank you for bringing this to my attention, my bad I'll look over the rules more carefully next time.

17 hours ago, harpwner said:

functional

but kinda broken

basically untested since the whole effects but means it's hard to tell whether it's working or not but things have burned and exploded so yeah.

Could you post a picture of what it looks like when it "works" 
That may help us get an idea of what to look for 

1 minute ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Could you post a picture of what it looks like when it "works" 
That may help us get an idea of what to look for 

Well there in lies the problem

I don't have a picture of it properly working. Put it this way

if the fire effects / explosion effects are not where the bomb itself detonated, it ain't working too well

Just now, harpwner said:

if the fire effects / explosion effects are not where the bomb itself detonated, it ain't working too well

Fair enough. I ll keep looking for bugs and stuff.
Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, harpwner said:

Fixed it! The license file and source folder should now both be in the mod download. If there are any other issues please do tell!

And thank you for bringing this to my attention, my bad I'll look over the rules more carefully next time.

Looks good, your link has been restored. Thanks for taking care of it so quickly.

4 hours ago, harpwner said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe this is currently an issue with BDA as a whole (https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/74), "the final explosion is not at the right place." If you're using BDA's functionality to spawn the effects I doubt there's much you can do until it's fixed.

12 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe this is currently an issue with BDA as a whole (https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/74), "the final explosion is not at the right place." If you're using BDA's functionality to spawn the effects I doubt there's much you can do until it's fixed.

Ah thank you, I hadn't checked the github yet.

It would seem to be a full blown ksp issue though, reading through the comments... hopefully either squad fixes ksp or BDArmory was the real issue or this mod won't be nearly as enjoyable :(

14 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Ah thank you, I hadn't checked the github yet.

It would seem to be a full blown ksp issue though, reading through the comments... hopefully either squad fixes ksp or BDArmory was the real issue or this mod won't be nearly as enjoyable :(

Speaking of bugsYwX7jfW.png

Ive discovered that some of the nukes will kill you even if you are out of the blast radius. Haven't tested all nukes but so far the only one it doesn't seem to affect is the scud
As9mcmF.png

Speaking of Scud
this issue has returned.

And of course the napalm looks like a regular explosion.

Hope this helps

23 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Ive discovered that some of the nukes will kill you even if you are out of the blast radius. Haven't tested all nukes but so far the only one it doesn't seem to affect is the scud
As9mcmF.png

Speaking of Scud
this issue has returned.

Hope this helps

yea i'm having the same problem good to know its not me. mabey the nukes have the correct visale range but the heating radis is that of the tsar bomb

On 11/21/2016 at 8:56 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

As9mcmF.png

Speaking of Scud
this issue has returned.

Hope this helps

I'm currently working on the code to make something brand new! The Casaba howitzer was mentioned a few times, correct? So I'll take a look at this.

As for the scud though, that's always been an issue having to do with KSP's way of handling high speed travel, sadly you'll just have to deal with it sorry.

1 hour ago, harpwner said:

I'm currently working on the code to make something brand new! The Casaba howitzer was mentioned a few times, correct? So I'll take a look at this.

As for the scud though, that's always been an issue having to do with KSP's way of handling high speed travel, sadly you'll just have to deal with it sorry.

Aww we got it fixed last time….poo
but thx anyway

I downloaded this mod and I wanted to test a bomb and when I dropped it just blew up like any other part, and one know why? If you know how to install it propley please tell me (I kind of gave up on trying it my self)

Edited by ebrhahaman
because i wanted to

6 hours ago, DONUTS said:

For some reason I can't see the mushroom clouds, they just have a normal explosion :/ 

2 hours ago, ebrhahaman said:

I downloaded this mod and I wanted to test a bomb and when I dropped it just blew up like any other part, and one know why?

Do y'all have it installed correctly?
Also do y'all have the latest version of BDA?

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Do y'all have it installed correctly?
Also do y'all have the latest version of BDA?

Yes, I do, but im going to reinstall them just in case. Thanks for the answer!

Edit: reinstalled it, and now the only one showing an effect and actual damage is the GPSNB-300.

Edited by DONUTS
Cool

5 hours ago, Rath said:

WAT IS CASABA-HOWITZER COMING!!!ONE!1111!!!!!

Maybe it could be a turreted low-yeild nuke that shoots a ludicrous velocity bullet explosive (simulating for AOE) when fired but also detonates?

I have a much better method in development already (though difficult to test right now)

Basically, from the research I did, I started creating a way in which a blast cone is used instead of a blast sphere.

This cone will have an adjustable angle before it detonates, higher angles mean less range and power but larger area of effect, while smaller angles do an inverse of that.

The blast itself will either originate from the front of a cannon or originate from a launched charge that detonates after a set amount of time, as depicted in this diagram I found:

shapedCharge3.jpg

Edited by harpwner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.