[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Me Again! 

I have the latest version 1.2.1 and it still does not work. The nukes actes like regual items and does not cause any big damage that a nuke would (regual exploision). I have BDArmory and CAL++ Latest version but it still does not work?

What Am I Doing Wrong XD

Another minor suggestion.

After attempting to hit about anything with the Davy Crockett the thought had occured to me of turning it into a rocket rather than a missile launcher, similarly to the Hydra-70 turret. The projectile would not be trackable or interceptable, but it would be possible to reload the weapon, and aiming would become much easier.

On 11/25/2016 at 9:57 PM, CoolJWB said:

Me Again! 

I have the latest version 1.2.1 and it still does not work. The nukes actes like regual items and does not cause any big damage that a nuke would (regual exploision). I have BDArmory and CAL++ Latest version but it still does not work?

What Am I Doing Wrong XD

Are you firing the missiles using the weapons manager or action groups? You have to actually fire the bomb, not just drop it off of your craft.

2 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

Made a new ICBM video:

Ive always wondered this; Do kerbals know what fate awaits them if they get tapped by any object? Do they live in fear every day, hoping that it doesnt become their last when they trip and fall or get hit in the face with a ball? Do they know that they will become kraken food if they go to space? If then, they all kerbals should have their bravery stat maxed out.

Also how long did it take you to get that shot with the missile flying by the station?

18 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Another minor suggestion.

After attempting to hit about anything with the Davy Crockett the thought had occured to me of turning it into a rocket rather than a missile launcher, similarly to the Hydra-70 turret. The projectile would not be trackable or interceptable, but it would be possible to reload the weapon, and aiming would become much easier.

Actually not a bad idea, however I am not sure how those rocket launchers work in the unity setup.. I'm sure I could find out by combing through the rocket launcher code for a bit.

On 11/24/2016 at 2:07 PM, infinax said:

well with ksp 1.2 i cant take steam screenshots

Might want to check your Steam key bindings, mate. For me, F12 still works (which I am now changing, because it's causing some problems for me, since KSP uses F12 for actual options)

On 2016-11-28 at 3:03 AM, boomchacle said:

Are you firing the missiles using the weapons manager or action groups? You have to actually fire the bomb, not just drop it off of your craft.

Ive always wondered this; Do kerbals know what fate awaits them if they get tapped by any object? Do they live in fear every day, hoping that it doesnt become their last when they trip and fall or get hit in the face with a ball? Do they know that they will become kraken food if they go to space? If then, they all kerbals should have their bravery stat maxed out.

Also how long did it take you to get that shot with the missile flying by the station

I put the nuke on the rocket. Launched it up and then boosted the rocket to the ground. When I was 40000 meters of the ground I pressed Fire Missile on the nuke tab. The nukes gave of a normal explosion. Should I use some part to launch the nukes? 

Edited by CoolJWB
New Info

I have one suggestion. Can you in some of next updates change in configs of nukes its power number to number of kilotons or something mor user friendly? It would be much easier to implement real world nukes by that. Now when I tried modify Tomahawk with nuclear warhead (W80 or other) I set up in part.cfg the power, but when I launched it and then turned around and fly away, it simply killed my plane about 20km from impact. :D

I know it needs rewriting some names in source code. Still I think it can be a better way to specify power of a weapon.

And at the end small question. Will you somewhen work more on the cloud? Or game reduces and limit how you can improve it? 

Thanks for all answers! 

Ave! Toonu

so the gsh 301 is a bit under powered for the gun it is I find that I have to use it like a Vulcan to get a kill in the real world 30X165 guns take one or two shots to kill. also, can we get a radial mounted version of it. I'm making Russian fighters and I don't like using Vulcans and using part clipping and cubic octagonal struts looks bad and it's time-consuming.

Christmas is the time of miracles. I have risen from the dead and I come bearing gifts... the gift of textures!  

Srry for disappearing for about a year.... 

uGBfGpn.png

^ thats the Mk77...    Here is how it looks on the model (rendered in PS)

otGfUGy.png

I was creating a FIM-92B colour scheme for the Stinger.... 

GqETOuU.png

But my complete lack of Blender-fu combined with the fact the model has foldy-fins is causing issues for me when I try to generate an AO-map. When you have the time could you provide me with the AO-layer? ^_^

On 12/23/2016 at 6:29 PM, RGBPeter said:

Christmas is the time of miracles. I have risen from the dead and I come bearing gifts... the gift of textures!  

Srry for disappearing for about a year.... 

uGBfGpn.png

^ thats the Mk77...    Here is how it looks on the model (rendered in PS)

otGfUGy.png

On 12/23/2016 at 7:22 PM, RGBPeter said:

Want your AGM-158 to look like the show model?  

Lockheed_Martin_AGM-158_JASSM_(835160487

z23oWax.png 

On 12/24/2016 at 7:06 AM, RGBPeter said:

Whats a Russian bomb without Russian bomb markings....

4iTyBZi.png

On 12/24/2016 at 8:38 AM, RGBPeter said:

I was creating a FIM-92B colour scheme for the Stinger.... 

GqETOuU.png

But my complete lack of Blender-fu combined with the fact the model has foldy-fins is causing issues for me when I try to generate an AO-map. When you have the time could you provide me with the AO-layer? ^_^

26 minutes ago, RGBPeter said:

New texture for the Davy Crockett Warhead: 

GtyMoxE.png

I also added some additional detailing to the launcher: 

alh87cA.png

Oh my lord it is a Christmas miracle. To be honest I was a bit worried and just thought you got to busy but you're back!

I'll give you the AO maps tomorrow! (And be on skype)

12 hours ago, harpwner said:

I'll give you the AO maps tomorrow! (And be on skype)

I'm not on skype anymore. (they changed the ToS in a way that made me not wanna click that "I agree" button) I'm on discord now at RGBPeter#7078. 

In other news.... Did you know the B61 recently got an upgrade?  It's called the B61-12 now and the upgrade includes a fancy new paint job:  

aTGDgD8.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.