[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

13 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi thats a knock on problem caused by a soon to be resolved problem in BDArmory continued,  NKD is reliant on BDA core for a few things, and explosions are one of them. Nothing can really be done until the fix in BDAc is done, so please bear with us ,  the root cause should be resolved shortly

ok Thanks!

After some messing around I found that explosions and their effects work fine when you are traveling below 300 m/s and less than 300m above the ground. not sure why the number 300 got involved but that's what I found.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me, I'm more active on the forums now that the busiest of my schoolwork has begun to slow down.

As for the next update, well the details of that will remain confidential until I start working on it again around spring break.

Quick question for when I start again: should I make the mushroom cloud linger for longer? They can last for quite a while and was just kinda curious if that's something anyone would want implemented.

Also: Tomstah, I haven't had much motivation for doing that, maybe I will but it's more of a 'we'll see' kind of thing.

Edited by harpwner

2 hours ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

I'm having trouble with the nuclear weapons. Can't seem to escape, no matter how far away I am from the explosion. Doesn't help the explosion sometimes always goes off in midair completely randomly. I can't even escape the 340 kt one at 20 km away.

I have having the exact same issue. Any advice would help ^_^. Love the mod!

6 hours ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

I'm having trouble with the nuclear weapons. Can't seem to escape, no matter how far away I am from the explosion. Doesn't help the explosion sometimes always goes off in midair completely randomly. I can't even escape the 340 kt one at 20 km away.

4 hours ago, PF45 said:

I have having the exact same issue. Any advice would help ^_^. Love the mod!

As @SpannerMonkey(smce) mentioned earlier in the thread, that's an issue between NKD and BDAc. Since NKD relies on the BDAc code, it won't get better until the problem is resolved in BDAc. All parties are aware of the problem. :)

1 hour ago, ebrhahaman said:

er stil wont work if I drop it it just explodes like a regular part. if you could help that would be nice :) 

1) make sure its installed correctly

2) make sure you are using the correct version of BDAc and NKD

3) make sure that there is a file called NorthKerbinMod.dll under plugins in the NKD folder

4) ???

5) profit

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, acerarity said:

3) make sure that there is a file called NorthKerbinMod.dll under plugins in the NKD folder

4) ???

5) profit

lol thanks it works now I put it in the wrong folder ;-;

On 3/19/2017 at 3:10 PM, acerarity said:

4) ???

5) profit

Thank you for all the help, the problem of killing me the moment it blows up has been resolved! Sadly, I think the only reason is because the explosion is now roughly the size of the single person canister hitting the ground (very small explosion). Maybe I'm missing a core principal of installing KSP mods, but I've never had trouble before -- the NorthKerbinMod.dll file was indeed in the wrong location, though. lol... Any ideas? Tips for installing this thing (maybe I'm missing something)?

4 hours ago, PF45 said:

Thank you for all the help, the problem of killing me the moment it blows up has been resolved! Sadly, I think the only reason is because the explosion is now roughly the size of the single person canister hitting the ground (very small explosion). Maybe I'm missing a core principal of installing KSP mods, but I've never had trouble before -- the NorthKerbinMod.dll file was indeed in the wrong location, though. lol... Any ideas? Tips for installing this thing (maybe I'm missing something)?

did you put the Gamedata folder in the KSP Gamedata folder? or the contents of the Gamedata folder, because you want to put the contents in. and the small xplosion thing is a problem with the install or it might have to do with BDAc, when i had this problem, i just re-installed NKD, and made sure all the folders where in the right spot(and that the NorthKerbinMod.dll was in the right spot). and the problem with them killing you, is like many people have stated, a BDAc code issue, and the fact that its not now, is because the mod is not working, the bombs explode like a part over-heating, and that's because that's whats happening, the mod isn't installed correctly, so the code is not being activated to make the xplosion effect and cause the damage that is appropriate to the bomb

Edited by acerarity

9 hours ago, devo343 said:

could you help when im ingame the nukes are there but there not interactble they dont blow up when they hit the ground and i dont have a menu for it when i right click

are you using a pirated KSP or an official, because the pirated versions change some stuff in the files so you can play, and you have a BD weapon manager on your ship? the reason im asking, is because it is saying KSP-KerbalSpaceProgramv1.2.2.1622 in the files, when my file path says Kerbal Space Program-GameData (i use the steam version, so i don't know if the non-steam version is different) 

Edited by acerarity

13 hours ago, acerarity said:

did you put the Gamedata folder in the KSP Gamedata folder? or the contents of the Gamedata folder, because you want to put the contents in. and the small xplosion thing is a problem with the install or it might have to do with BDAc, when i had this problem, i just re-installed NKD, and made sure all the folders where in the right spot(and that the NorthKerbinMod.dll was in the right spot). and the problem with them killing you, is like many people have stated, a BDAc code issue, and the fact that its not now, is because the mod is not working, the bombs explode like a part over-heating, and that's because that's whats happening, the mod isn't installed correctly, so the code is not being activated to make the xplosion effect and cause the damage that is appropriate to the bomb

Perhaps I have the wrong version of NKD altogether. I just re-unzipped the file and it has no gamedata folder. Version I'm using -------> North_Kerbin_Dynamics_for_BDArmory-0.8.2.2

1 hour ago, acerarity said:

just download from here: https://spacedock.info/mod/214/NKD - North Kerbin Dynamics for BDArmory (just click the download button)

Just downloaded it, and it appears to be the version I have -- no gamedata folder. It contains 2 folders and the license: North Kerbin Weaponry containing effects, flags, parts, plugins, and sounds; and Source, which contains the .cs files. I have the contents of the plugin folder in the KSP plugin folder, the parts in the KSP parts, sounds in the KSP sound, effects and Source are in KSP Gamedata (?). Maybe I'm not supposed to separate anything? I vaguely remember reading something about that at some point...

3 hours ago, PF45 said:

Just downloaded it, and it appears to be the version I have -- no gamedata folder. It contains 2 folders and the license: North Kerbin Weaponry containing effects, flags, parts, plugins, and sounds; and Source, which contains the .cs files. I have the contents of the plugin folder in the KSP plugin folder, the parts in the KSP parts, sounds in the KSP sound, effects and Source are in KSP Gamedata (?). Maybe I'm not supposed to separate anything? I vaguely remember reading something about that at some point...

keep everything as one, that's your problem. KSP automatically puts everything in the right place (without moving anything) 

Edited by acerarity

13 hours ago, acerarity said:

keep everything as one, that's your problem. KSP automatically puts everything in the right place (without moving anything) 

So just put everything in that root folder? Gamedata? I thought the NKD.dll file needed to be in plugins? I'm questioning everything I know now. -_-

Edit: Last time, the .dll file was not 'moved' when I threw it all in the root folder.

Edited by PF45
Edit**

1 hour ago, PF45 said:

So just put everything in that root folder? Gamedata? I thought the NKD.dll file needed to be in plugins? I'm questioning everything I know now. -_-

Edit: Last time, the .dll file was not 'moved' when I threw it all in the root folder.

Just put the NKD folder in GameData. That's it.

2 hours ago, PF45 said:

I thought the NKD.dll file needed to be in plugins? I'm questioning everything I know now. -_-

You seem to be installing mods using an extremely outdated procedures  The last time ANY mod needed it;s dll to be in plugins was 2014 , under NO circumstances should you remove any part of any mod to any other folder, .

The only acceptable path for NKD is KSP/GameData/North Kerbin Weaponry/everything that was contained in the North Kerbin Weaponry folder  

Do not install the complete zip NKD_-_North_Kerbin_Dynamics_for_BDArmory in GameData ONLY the North Kerbin Weaponry folder and it's contents.

34 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You seem to be installing mods using an extremely outdated procedures  The last time ANY mod needed it;s dll to be in plugins was 2014 , under NO circumstances should you remove any part of any mod to any other folder, .

The only acceptable path for NKD is KSP/GameData/North Kerbin Weaponry/everything that was contained in the North Kerbin Weaponry folder  

Do not install the complete zip NKD_-_North_Kerbin_Dynamics_for_BDArmory in GameData ONLY the North Kerbin Weaponry folder and it's contents.

Thank you for clearing that up! I reinstalled it and now it works (aside from the BD armory bug where you die no matter what). I'm just happy to have my weapons back lol. Current information on mods is difficult to find for someone who just started with this stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if I was using a dated method. Which also makes me wonder how many other mods I have that are either dated or installed incorrectly. Thanks for the help though, guys!

I am not too sure if support can be provived thorugh here. If not, let me know where i should do it (i am new on KSP forum).

I have installed everything needed for NKD to work, but it doesn't. I did a back up of all of my current mods to prevent any compatibility issues so i am running only with NKD and its dependencies. .My Kerbal Space Program is steam version. Also, i am not using CKAN.

All parts appears ingame. The only problem is that i cannot fire any nuclear bomb. I tried dropping it and it just blow up just like any other part. I haven't tested all bombs, only nuclears and tsar bomb. None work. Can someone help?

Here is some SS's: http://imgur.com/a/eLLzq

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.