[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

I have the latest version of KSP, this mod, BD armory, and I have CAL++ but while all of the parts show up, they fire and they have animations, but their sounds don't seem to work properly. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by jrf

28 minutes ago, jrf said:

I have the latest version of KSP, this mod, BD armory, and I have CAL++ but while all of the parts show up, they fire and they have animations, but their sounds don't seem to work properly. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I re downloaded the mod and it works perfectly. Thanks for making this great mod!!!!

Havin a little bit of an issue with the AK230. It's aiming point is well above the intended aiming point. This is also affecting the guard mode as it will not engage any fast moving vessels or missiles further than 500m due to the offset of its aiming point. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue? I've fixed any issues Ive had with KSP on my own but this one is beyond me. Spoiler contains images of the issue. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

Spoiler

vmcVu.jpg

Image of a close aiming point.

vmcXj.jpg

Aim point approx 1km away.

vmdk6.png

2 hours ago, Im_M said:

Havin a little bit of an issue with the AK230. It's aiming point is well above the intended aiming point. This is also affecting the guard mode as it will not engage any fast moving vessels or missiles further than 500m due to the offset of its aiming point. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue? I've fixed any issues Ive had with KSP on my own but this one is beyond me. Spoiler contains images of the issue. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

Hide contents

vmcVu.jpg

Image of a close aiming point.

vmcXj.jpg

Aim point approx 1km away.

vmdk6.png

Never had this problem with the AK230, but I haven't used it in a while, so my Data might be a bit out of date

It would be nice to see some non-MIRV (similar in operation to the existing BDA explosive warhead) nuclear warheads. I'd think .625m, 1.25m, and 2.5m would be good sizes. In addition, the fixed warheads could have configurable yield, with corresponding variable cost & mass, as well as a thermonuclear option (which would be even more costly) for the 1.25m and 2.5m. Also, some conical re-entry shields, in 2.15m, 2.5m and 3.75m sizes, would work well. The re-entry shields would look something like this (dark segment is shield, white is base): Cfu6WX-UsAEpZl7.jpg

EDIT:

Something I noticed: in the VAB or SPH action group editor, there's an option on the various nuclear bombs of "detonate". However, when this is assigned to an action group, and then said action group is triggered, nothing happens. I've also noticed that the "detonate" feature is absent from the RMB menu in-flight.

Edited by Alex33212
Clarification

Is it normal for the W88 to detonate mid-air after being "fired"?

EDIT: After looking through event logs, I've found that it surpasses it's g-limits and detonates. Will experiment with turning part g-limits off.

Edited by Alex33212

Could it be possible to fix the problem of the bd armory side bar not opening when in a vehicle. this only happens when i have this mod installed and i love this mod "mostly cause the karl gerat mortar" I know i could just activate guard mode by the bd controller module but if there is no side bar its impossible to customize it and its extremely hard to drop bombs. And another thing i cant access vessel viewer as its a part of the bd armory side bar. If its possible please fix as NAS and aviators arsenal did it then i dont understand how this mod cant do it.  .PS. i beg you

1 hour ago, WolfyAnimations said:

Could it be possible to fix the problem of the bd armory side bar not opening when in a vehicle

Hi this is due to either an incorrect installation of BDA  or you are using and incompatible version of NKD for the BD version currently available. Every new version of BDA requires that the NKD plugin be updated also,  I'm not aware of any recent updates to NKD (apart from the 122 recompile i did for a previous version of BDA ) and it is this that is likely to be a cause of your problem,

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

I have these 2 Bombs to be implemented into KSP. I need help to do so.

(Has i'm mainly focussing on modeling for now)

If you are down to work on theses; let me know.

(Clic for 3d Preview)

17973802_750185901852965_6912143289056863306_o.jpg?oh=58f752306b971270558f0902c345cc8d&oe=598EC79B

18055759_751014045103484_3757988319257601770_o.jpg?oh=20e2abf011e8c1afe6a23c8d4c76ab5a&oe=59820DF4

Edited by Warsoul

On 4/21/2017 at 2:29 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi this is due to either an incorrect installation of BDA  or you are using and incompatible version of NKD for the BD version currently available. Every new version of BDA requires that the NKD plugin be updated also,  I'm not aware of any recent updates to NKD (apart from the 122 recompile i did for a previous version of BDA ) and it is this that is likely to be a cause of your problem,

Ok ill see what that does thank you

On 4/21/2017 at 2:29 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It worked! Thank you so much :D

50 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

I have these 2 Bombs to be implemented into KSP

How do you want them implemented?  smart dumb cluster?, Dont get me wrong the models look fantastic but they're a bit overdone for bombs, a disposable thing, Weapons are chosen for the function (usually) not because they look pretty :)   That said  it's fairly simple to get them BDA ready

10 minutes ago, WolfyAnimations said:

It worked! Thank you so much :D

great stuff, happy booms :)

On 21/04/2017 at 1:07 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

How do you want them implemented?  smart dumb cluster?, Dont get me wrong the models look fantastic but they're a bit overdone for bombs, a disposable thing, Weapons are chosen for the function (usually) not because they look pretty :)   That said  it's fairly simple to get them BDA ready

great stuff, happy booms :)

The 1st ''Bomb'' is a sonic bomb to be dropped on Minmus's Surface to discover Warnitium. The bomb must be relayed with 2 orbital sat (180d and 90d) and an ground Sonar to triangulate Warnitium deposits.

The second ''Bomb''is a biologic bomb designed for the wood industry. The bomb must be droped in an exact location on Kerbin to be rewarded. (Must be droped in forests zones)

Clic for 3d view

18056179_752077211663834_2558176732578480685_o.jpg?oh=80be3987c7c9098d30d03cf81e0e7b0e&oe=59884F84

Edited by Warsoul

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2?

Yes, it works.

Are you going to release an update for this mod in the near future because I would love to see some new weapons and have the nuclear bombs work. Keep up the great work!

I tried this mod awhile back. But for whatever reason, it would make the game crash more often, and I did nothing different other than use some of the parts from it.

But that was back in an older KSP version that already crashed enough times.

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with this!

10 hours ago, Lightsworn said:

When I fire my nuke and it hits the ground, no matter how far and fast I am, I keep getting caught in the explosion. How to fix it? Also it seems when the nuke hits the ground it doesn't destroy anything but my craft.

This has already been talked about, try reading back

On 4/29/2017 at 2:26 PM, acerarity said:

This has already been talked about, try reading back

Will changing BDAc/NKD versions help?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.