[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

19 hours ago, Vladioan11 said:

The nukes don't work for me and Cal++ doesn't exist anymore.

You don't need C.A.L++ any more since all ammos have become part of BDAc.

3 hours ago, Portaldude111 said:

hi i downloaded the mod and tried everything the other posts said to do, but no matter what the nuclear bombs don't work. they just explode like normal parts

if anyone could help that would be appreciated thanks 

NKD is not compatible with latest BDAc right now, you can try using an earlier version.

I recently heard that the President of the US (Who's name we shall not mention, for fear of flame trolls) revived Project Thor, ie using Kinetic Tungsten Impacters, dropped from orbit, hitting the ground at Mach 10, with the force of a small tactical nuke. This mod has had these impactors for a while now, and now we can finally drop them on the VAB knowing they might be used against countries like [Insert Communist Dictatorship Asian country bordering China here]

Edited by Starslinger999

• 2 weeks later...

HELP I Just got newest update and the warhead RADIUS / POWER / HEAT is off, its 0 /0/-1  on my castle bravo and on tsar bob. Is there anyway to be able to change this or does this require a new update?

I'm on newest update and everything works on every other thing 

OK WENT INTO CFG FILE GOT TO THIS

it is 0 in the descriptions but the true blast radius is right but I'm still having explosion issues with the tsar and with castle bravo.

It is  the explosion file issue because I just tested a 300kt nuke war head and it had an incredible explosion!

Edited by ILLRansom

On 12/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, ILLRansom said:

HELP I Just got newest update and the warhead RADIUS / POWER / HEAT is off, its 0 /0/-1  on my castle bravo and on tsar bob. Is there anyway to be able to change this or does this require a new update?

I'm on newest update and everything works on every other thing 

OK WENT INTO CFG FILE GOT TO THIS

it is 0 in the descriptions but the true blast radius is right but I'm still having explosion issues with the tsar and with castle bravo.

It is  the explosion file issue because I just tested a 300kt nuke war head and it had an incredible explosion!

it's a compatibility issue between nkd and the LATEST BDarmory..if you downgrade BD armory to the second newest release it'll work

Will you be fixing the scale of your weapons any time soon? Some of your stuff is comically out of proportion like the Davy Crockett and the entire FAB series. I mean, your 100kg FAB bomb is modeled to be over a meter long when in reality it was a quarter of this size. Like it is the the size of a FAB 250 not a FAB 100. 

Love your mod! Keep up the good work! 

On 12/14/2017 at 2:05 AM, xiones11 said:

Will you be fixing the scale of your weapons any time soon? Some of your stuff is comically out of proportion like the Davy Crockett and the entire FAB series. I mean, your 100kg FAB bomb is modeled to be over a meter long when in reality it was a quarter of this size. Like it is the the size of a FAB 250 not a FAB 100. 

Love your mod! Keep up the good work! 

Probably Its like that because Kerbal scale is diffrent from real scale. If the Tsar Bob-a was real scale, the mushroom cloud would be the size of Kerbin. 

On 12/8/2017 at 7:55 PM, Hs.Panda said:

it's a compatibility issue between nkd and the LATEST BDarmory..if you downgrade BD armory to the second newest release it'll work

Which Version of that? Is it the one without Radar Stealth if so... :( 

On 12/17/2017 at 5:08 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Probably Its like that because Kerbal scale is diffrent from real scale. If the Tsar Bob-a was real scale, the mushroom cloud would be the size of Kerbin. 

Which Version of that? Is it the one without Radar Stealth if so... :( 

0.3.0.0 seems to work for me when i want to nuke stuff

18 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

Can anyone explain how to use the kinetic bombardment weapons?

Or at least a good way to aim then

It does serve very well when trying to destroy something that is below another parts. (trying to hit a tank below a carrier or base or something like that). It is specialy usefull with the new BDAc System, the armor panels cover from explosion and damage from other parts behind them, You can even attach a bomb to it to do more damage after penetration/landing.
I use Mechjeb autopilot to try point it directly from space and landing aiming for the final aproach, of course you will need to atach some engines and control surfaces to try hit something, and a lot of luck. If you try to use it from a plane instead of space, you can use this technique.

Spoiler

ju-87-diving-procedure.jpg

Update 0.84b(eta) is out!

Simple things, no large changes. This is a compatibility update with BDAc BETA 1.1.0 ONLY

Also compatible with 1.3.1 as a result.

If anything doesn't work properly, please tell me. I don't have the time to test EVERYTHING thoroughly so things slip through the cracks quite easily!

Found a few issues you may not know about... and maybe they are intended.

in many of your configs, you have put in blastRadius =  0 and blastPower = 0

not sure if that is intentional? in the editor they all show up as zero and the TnTmass is showing up as 1 for most of your bombs.

A few of your configs have explSoundPath and explModelPath in there twice... not sure if this makes any difference.

check the k12bomb.cfg for examples of both.

The 12k Bomb.cfg looks normal.

I understand that maybe I am completely wrong about the blastRadius and blastPower for your stuff.

Edited by TheKurgan

4 hours ago, Acea said:

No. BDAc has all required resources and now it's not necessary any more.

4 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

CAL is no longer required for BDAc ... for more detail please consult our wiki :)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.2-Bullet-Configuration

Forgot to remove that part of the post, have done that now.

8 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Found a few issues you may not know about... and maybe they are intended.

in many of your configs, you have put in blastRadius =  0 and blastPower = 0

not sure if that is intentional? in the editor they all show up as zero and the TnTmass is showing up as 1 for most of your bombs.

A few of your configs have explSoundPath and explModelPath in there twice... not sure if this makes any difference.

check the k12bomb.cfg for examples of both.

The 12k Bomb.cfg looks normal.

I understand that maybe I am completely wrong about the blastRadius and blastPower for your stuff.

This is intentional actually. I just have some messy configs as a result of being incredibly exhausted while working on it. BDAc 1.1 uses tntmass instead of blast radius and power now, and this is done in an external module. I just have to remove all the references to the previous versions of BDAc. I also may have accidentally left duplicates of the model paths when moving them to the new module as well, so I'll remedy that too. I don't think these config mishaps will effect the actual weapon behavior, however.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.