[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Quick question? Is there anyway to edit the textures on the paveway bombs? I made a custom texture set based off the older Paveway II family using the base Paveway IV PNG texture yet it doesn't seem to work; the original Paveway IV texture still shows up.

5 hours ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

I have a suggestion. I'll just keep it quick, could you add the little boy and fat man? I have a b29 lying around and no nukes to use with it.

Sure, they are iconic so it would be a mistake to not add them!

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

Quick question? Is there anyway to edit the textures on the paveway bombs? I made a custom texture set based off the older Paveway II family using the base Paveway IV PNG texture yet it doesn't seem to work; the original Paveway IV texture still shows up.

Well, firespitter had an old texture switcher module that I used on the MOAB. However, I don't think it is updated to the current version of ksp. Could you send a screenshot of the texture (I may want to replace the current one anyway and would give you credit if you allowed this)?

3 hours ago, harpwner said:

Sure, they are iconic so it would be a mistake to not add them!

Well, firespitter had an old texture switcher module that I used on the MOAB. However, I don't think it is updated to the current version of ksp. Could you send a screenshot of the texture (I may want to replace the current one anyway and would give you credit if you allowed this)?

So I've been working on three textures. The first is a standard olive drab Paveway bomb (based on the GBU-12):

hVbku95.png

The second is an intert/training Paveway variant:

ki2xrcY.png

I'm currently working on a third version (grey variant based on the Paveway IV).

Edited by AirShark

Ive noteced a bug where your turrets like the 5 in naval gun shoot all its ammo in one click. 

Also could i request a missile like the HARM from BDA that uses anti radar for guidance but the missile be small enough to fit into a mk2 cargo bay with ease?

edit: I found the issue with the guns. NAS was causing it so i removed it from my mods list. 

Edited by War Eagle 1

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Ive noteced a bug where your turrets like the 5 in naval gun shoot all its ammo in one click. 

Also could i request a missile like the HARM from BDA that uses anti radar for guidance but the missile be small enough to fit into a mk2 cargo bay with ease?

I think he only does weapons that existed/exist. If you can find a missile that fits those requirments you will most likely have a higher chance of getting excepted.

Edit: If you need help finding anything this could:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-radiation_missile

Edited by BlueDragon1504

8 hours ago, Engineering101 said:

Slight problem with any and all artillery pieces. None of them seem to have dedicated ammunition boxes for reloading. Cannon ammo doesn't work either. Help?

Yes, for any gun that is does not use .50 cal, 20mm or 30mm or "Cannon rounds", the default BD ammot types, there is a universal ammo box that you can edit in the SPH or VAB. There used to be a dedicated mod for that called CAL, but it is now obsolete. The NKD mod ought to contain that box now. Perhaps look at the parts you have, or check if you have the latest version?

On a side note, I'd really like the old model and function of the old universal ammo box back. Now whenever I slap one to my artillery it is at best an extra load of 15 shells, at worst a black hole with like 1000 the density of osmium... somehow. It's nothing major really, but I do feel the new ammo box is a step back comparatively.

1 hour ago, AlmightyKraken said:

Yes, for any gun that is does not use .50 cal, 20mm or 30mm or "Cannon rounds", the default BD ammot types, there is a universal ammo box that you can edit in the SPH or VAB. There used to be a dedicated mod for that called CAL, but it is now obsolete. The NKD mod ought to contain that box now. Perhaps look at the parts you have, or check if you have the latest version?

On a side note, I'd really like the old model and function of the old universal ammo box back. Now whenever I slap one to my artillery it is at best an extra load of 15 shells, at worst a black hole with like 1000 the density of osmium... somehow. It's nothing major really, but I do feel the new ammo box is a step back comparatively.

That box is now part of NAS, check my signature for more information. BDAc universal ammo box is acceptable for me too.

I've been experiencing many problems with the mod right now. I believe this is because I am unable to install C.A.L due to its discontinuation. The most common problem is that the nukes don't explode like they should, all I see are the stock explosions, the other problem is that some of the mod textures just aren't there. Some parts are all black when they shouldn't be and some nukes (Fat Man is one of these) are completely grey. I am using KSP 1.3.1 and have the updated NKD and BDAc. I installed these with CKAN and made sure they were in the GameData folder and had the correct name.

Edited by collin1125

On 1/18/2018 at 5:13 PM, AirShark said:

So I've been working on three textures. The first is a standard olive drab Paveway bomb (based on the GBU-12):

hVbku95.png

The second is an intert/training Paveway variant:

ki2xrcY.png

I'm currently working on a third version (grey variant based on the Paveway IV).

I really like where these are going. Do you mind if I use the first one as the official texture with credit to you?

5 hours ago, collin1125 said:

I've been experiencing many problems with the mod right now. I believe this is because I am unable to install C.A.L due to its discontinuation. The most common problem is that the nukes don't explode like they should, all I see are the stock explosions, the other problem is that some of the mod textures just aren't there. Some parts are all black when they shouldn't be and some nukes (Fat Man is one of these) are completely grey. I am using KSP 1.3.1 and have the updated NKD and BDAc. I installed these with CKAN and made sure they were in the GameData folder and had the correct name.

This has nothing to do with CAL and everything to do with the fact that this mod isn't on CKAN. If it is... then it wasn't me who posted it.

Please install the version from my pages and nowhere else, so you get the correct and latest version.

As for any ammo issues, I'll look into what's going on because it seems I"ve borked multiple guns beyond any sort of recognition.

10 hours ago, collin1125 said:

To add to @harpwner's comment above, DO NOT download BDAc from ckan, instead only download from reputable sources such as those located in the OP of the BDAc thread

If yoyr intention is to use the BDAc beta, download it from the link in the BDAc beta thread

If you download from anywhere else the mod is suspect as it means we (the BDAc team) haven't put it there so all bets are off

20 hours ago, harpwner said:

I really like where these are going. Do you mind if I use the first one as the official texture with credit to you?

This has nothing to do with CAL and everything to do with the fact that this mod isn't on CKAN. If it is... then it wasn't me who posted it.

Please install the version from my pages and nowhere else, so you get the correct and latest version.

As for any ammo issues, I'll look into what's going on because it seems I"ve borked multiple guns beyond any sort of recognition.

Yeah of course! You can go ahead and use it. :D

I haven't been able to test the texture though so I have no idea how it will look in-game. Also, I'll be happy to help with texturing for any new or legacy parts. 

Another nuke effect problem here. I've checked both NKD(0.84) and BDA(1.1.0 beta) version, and NKD is installed in Gamedata, but still many nukes(MIRV,Tsar,B61,etc) don't working.  Only Scud and Genie misslies show its cloud effect.

I wonder why just these two work properly and others don't.

So I know that you said the NKD is for the current beta of BDAc 1.1 but the beta is not working well for my system as when explosions occur i am jolted out of the solarsystem and into deep space, however the nukes only seem to work on the 1.1 version so is it possible to make this able to work on the current 1.0 BDAc version which doesnt seem to cause the problem with explosions.

Edited by Trident97

On 1/15/2018 at 7:39 PM, harpwner said:

Is this time warp being used in atmo or out of it? (physics warp or normal warp)

I'll take a look, sounds like something went wrong with the hit boxes.

@Angstinator I've tried a lot of things in regard to the Gsh turret, to the point of even copying the values of another working turret over and just modifying things like fire rate. I'll keep trying but for now just consider that weapon very very broken.

in atmo, would be great if you could do something about it

I have a question about the SCUD missile one what do i do if I can't find the SCUD launcher, and is the rocket suppose to be about 600m off target when you use a gps targeting system? Also what should I do if the nukes don't explode like well *nukes* they just explode about the same size as the conventional SCUD. Ive tried All of them to the ones with the most radiation to the smallest one even tried the conventional versions of all of the ones that have it. Please help.

@LightBender Have you made sure NKD is installed correctly? The directory should look something like this:  KSP_win > GameData > North Kerbin Weaponry

(Made sure you had renamed the mod's gamedata file to just simply North Kerbin Weaponry.)

It should be working after that.

Part request: Could you, if you have the time and are willing to, add a 40mm Bofors autocannon to be used on an AC-130 gunship? A 25mm gatling gun for such use would also be great and appreciated. Just two radially attached parts, not like a full-sized turret (I know, it's not easy. I make my own models, too, and have a bit of modding experience. I understand the pain :D). I love your work! Thank you for all your contributions.

@harpwner @DoctorDavinci I can confirm that most of the nuclear parts (both official SpaceDock and Curseforge download) have 0 blast radius and power in the .cfg files. Besides that the mushroom clouds do not seem to be triggered at all.

Example (B83 Bomb):

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = B83 NUCLEAR

thrust = 0 //KN thrust during boost phase
  cruiseThrust = 0 //thrust during cruise phase
  dropTime = 1 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
  boostTime = 0 //seconds of boost phase
  cruiseTime = 80 //seconds of cruise phase
  guidanceActive = false //missile has guidanceActive
  blastRadius =  0 //meters
  blastPower = 0

maxTurnRateDPS = 10 //degrees per second

missileType = bomb
  targetingType = gps
  homingType = AGMBallistic
  optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.013
  steerMult = 2
  maxTorque = 10
}

Edited by C7 Aerospace Dynamics

21 hours ago, C7 Aerospace Dynamics said:

@harpwner @DoctorDavinci I can confirm that most of the nuclear parts (both official SpaceDock and Curseforge download) have 0 blast radius and power in the .cfg files. Besides that the mushroom clouds do not seem to be triggered at all.

Example (B83 Bomb):

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = B83 NUCLEAR

thrust = 0 //KN thrust during boost phase
  cruiseThrust = 0 //thrust during cruise phase
  dropTime = 1 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
  boostTime = 0 //seconds of boost phase
  cruiseTime = 80 //seconds of cruise phase
  guidanceActive = false //missile has guidanceActive
  blastRadius =  0 //meters
  blastPower = 0

maxTurnRateDPS = 10 //degrees per second

missileType = bomb
  targetingType = gps
  homingType = AGMBallistic
  optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.013
  steerMult = 2
  maxTorque = 10
}

If you have downloaded the latest version, which is intended to work with BDAc v1.1.0 beta, then this is not your problem; blastRadius and blastPower are deprecated in this new version. What you should see following the lines you posted is this:

Spoiler

MODULE
{
    name = BDExplosivePart
    tntMass = 1200000000
    explModelPath = NKD/effects/Explosion_Megaton
    explSoundPath =  NKD/sounds/explosion_MOAB
}

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleShockwave
    explosiveYield = 1200000000
    particleSize = 500
}

MODULE
    {
      name = BDACategoryModule
    }

(I got this from the unedited .cfg file of the B-83)

This is how the damage (which is now based on a hitpoint system rather than heat) and blast radius is calculated with BDArmory beta. To clarify, damage is no longer based on blastRadius and blastPower parameters, but rather on the tntMass value, which is the TNT equivalent mass of the explosive, in kilograms.

As for your mushroom cloud issue, make sure that you have installed both BDArmory and North Kerbin Dynamics properly; both folders should be installed under GameData. If your problem persists, look into previous pages (I think somewhere between pages 30-50 here) of this thread as this problem has been mentioned numerous times. Hope this helps!

Edited by kspplayer2469

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.