[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

1 hour ago, kspplayer2469 said:

As for your mushroom cloud issue, make sure that you have installed both BDArmory and North Kerbin Dynamics properly; both folders should be installed under GameData. If your problem persists, look into previous pages (I think somewhere between pages 30-50 here) of this thread as this problem has been mentioned numerous times. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the explanation with the new damage model.  But I installed both versions of BDAc and NKD correctly in the first place with the .dll file in the right folder. The nukes are still not working properly in regards of radius and effects.

Edited by C7 Aerospace Dynamics

@C7 Aerospace Dynamics At this point, I feel like the only explanation is that you do not have the v1.1.0 beta version of BDAc, which you can find here; you may, instead, have installed the v1.0.0 stable release. This is the only way I can explain the lack of damage at this point. Could you double check that you have v1.1.0 beta instead of v1.0.0? Try to redownload BDAc from the link above and reinstall it if you do indeed have the beta version. Also, make sure that you have one and ONLY ONE version of each mod installed. Other than that, I do not know how to help you. Maybe you can show me your GameData directory so I can check that it's all installed correctly. I myself have this mod along with the beta version of BDAc, and they function flawlessly.

Edited by kspplayer2469

On 12.2.2018 at 6:15 PM, kspplayer2469 said:

@C7 Aerospace Dynamics At this point, I feel like the only explanation is that you do not have the v1.1.0 beta version of BDAc, which you can find here; you may, instead, have installed the v1.0.0 stable release. This is the only way I can explain the lack of damage at this point. Could you double check that you have v1.1.0 beta instead of v1.0.0? Try to redownload BDAc from the link above and reinstall it if you do indeed have the beta version. Also, make sure that you have one and ONLY ONE version of each mod installed. Other than that, I do not know how to help you. Maybe you can show me your GameData directory so I can check that it's all installed correctly. I myself have this mod along with the beta version of BDAc, and they function flawlessly.

@kspplayer2469 Yes I triple checked everything. My versions were definiteley the right ones.   Even after a full clean reinstall of KSP and BDAc/NKD, NKD Nukes still cease to work properly for me. I am currently using Next Star Industries' Weapon extension since the nukes work with the v.1.0 version of BDAc. As I am now out of solutions for getting the NKD nukes to function and relying on the weapon extension I won't continue my search for errors.

13 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

That could very well be part of your problem .. Remove NSI WE and see if it persists

NSI WE doesn't play nice with BDAc :wink:

@DoctorDavinci I installed NSI WE only after I could'nt get NKD to work. Besides that NSI WE does not work with BDAc v1.1.0 just like NKD won't work with v1.0.0, so they are currently exclusive to each other anyway.

I pruned out the discussion about another mod allegedly copying parts/code from others, because it had derailed this one quite thoroughly. I appreciate it when people defend their (and other people's) property - none of us like to see things get stolen or misappropriated. But please consider this:

• Never assume that another person is deliberately doing something wrong. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Always be careful when confronting the person - do it kindly. Wouldn't it be a shame if you turn out to be wrong and you have dragged the person's name through the mud?
  • Be quick to apologise if you didn't get all the details right.

If anyone feels that the discussion should continue, please start a PM with all the relevant parties, and I would appreciate if you could include me in the discussion. Thanks everyone.

1 minute ago, Deddly said:

I pruned out the discussion about another mod allegedly copying parts/code from others, because it had derailed this one quite thoroughly. I appreciate it when people defend their (and other people's) property - none of us like to see things get stolen or misappropriated. But please consider this:

• Never assume that another person is deliberately doing something wrong. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Always be careful when confronting the person - do it kindly. Wouldn't it be a shame if you turn out to be wrong and you have dragged the person's name through the mud?
  • Be quick to apologise if you didn't get all the details right.

If anyone feels that the discussion should continue, please start a PM with all the relevant parties, and I would appreciate if you could include me in the discussion. Thanks everyone.

Thank you, I want this to go back on topic here.

As for this addon:

I'm going to figure out what's wrong with my KSP environment with bullet damage because a bug cropped up that shouldn't be happening. Once that's done I'll work on bugs here and another pack is on the way as an extension to this.

6 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I love NKD... I didn't use it ALOT, but once in a while you just NEED to see a huge _______ explosion that just erases everything!

Can't wait till it's all sorted out.

Cheers.

There is going to be quite a bit more flash to the explosions once I overhaul the effects again too. If I have enough patience and time, I will be making explosions code based which will make the effect far more adjustable and pretty!

On 2/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jackalan23 said:

Am i doing something wrong, I cannot get the nukes to work. All I get is a tiny explosion like when a part explodes. Here is my file structure.p6fF611.png8pmvJ1v.pngVyAPWcN.pngA6KROVV.png

There are way too many mods in this list for me to pinpoint any issues.

Everything right now is Beta and subject to change, so the only way to pinpoint anything would be to just have NKD and BDAc installed.

Hello Everyone!

Exciting day today because I am now releasing a new, small expansion to NKD called NKD Space Division.

It'll be downloadable from the op and from this link here on curseforge (once it has finished processing): https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/north-kerbin-dynamics-v0-84/files

There are only two parts so far, with more on the way:
- EMCS 155 Gauss Turret: A railgun mounted on a turret, more robust than the base NKD railgun

- Space Nuke Warhead: A nuke made to be used in space combat

Everything here is in very early alpha and subject to change.

Requires BDAc AND North Kerbin Dynamics to work properly.

hey Harpwner, I have downloaded both North Kerbin Weaponry and BD Armory. from the links you provided. The things showed up, but the nukes did not make a big explosion. The only thing that really worked was the little warhead thing that you right click, then click detonate to make it explode. I also tried several other people's advice, but it did not work. Is it my version of KSP? I got it in December of 2017. I was hoping that you could take screen shots of the step by step process, updated to the newest release (if you have updated the mods for 1.3.1)Please message me, your mod seems awesome when it works right.

Also, this was my setup, and the exact way I installed and download

Clicked link for BDArmory

Downloaded from Curse

Opened the .zip file

Opened gamedata, and dragged file named BDarmory into the gamedata file with squad in it

Clicked link for North Kerbin Weapony

Downloaded from curse

changed name of file from North+Kerbin+Weaponry+v0.84 to North Kerbin Weaponry, as it was suggesting after the people said the original name didn't work (I tested without a name change also)

Opened the .zip folder

dragged North Kerbin Weaponry into the gamedata folder with squad and BDarmory

It's worth mentioning that I have a lot of these files from several download attempts, and some of the folders have (1) or (2) added to them, but besides that, these are the only mods I have. I also download KSP from steam in mid december of last year, which I believe was version 1.3.1

3 hours ago, weazeldude said:

Also, this was my setup, and the exact way I installed and download

Clicked link for BDArmory

Downloaded from Curse

Opened the .zip file

Opened gamedata, and dragged file named BDarmory into the gamedata file with squad in it

Clicked link for North Kerbin Weapony

Downloaded from curse

changed name of file from North+Kerbin+Weaponry+v0.84 to North Kerbin Weaponry, as it was suggesting after the people said the original name didn't work (I tested without a name change also)

Opened the .zip folder

dragged North Kerbin Weaponry into the gamedata folder with squad and BDarmory

It's worth mentioning that I have a lot of these files from several download attempts, and some of the folders have (1) or (2) added to them, but besides that, these are the only mods I have. I also download KSP from steam in mid december of last year, which I believe was version 1.3.1

The first problem that I see is that you downloaded BD Armory from Curse ... this is an old version, about 2 years old, and doesn't work with KSP v1.3.1 (actually it is likely compatible with KSP v1.0.5 and below ... any higher KSP version and it ain't gonna wurk)

Please consult the following thread where you will find download links for BD Armory Continued which has been managed by a team of talented developers in the original creators' (@BahamutoD's)absence for almost 2 years now :wink:

Only download BDAc from reputable sources such as the links in the following thread

I also suggest reading the OP in this thread (oringinal post ... first post of the thread) where it is clearly written:

This pack REQUIRES BDAc BETA 1.1.0, earlier versions will NOT work with this mod!

This means you need the development version of BDAc for NKD to work ... here's the link to the BDAc v1.1.0 Beta thread which is required for NKD to work: 

Please, read the OP's in the threads for the mods you download as it explains any quirks and additional info that you don't get by clicking a download button on Curse (or by using ckan for that matter) ... if you dont read the instruction manual how do you expect to know how something works?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I used both of the links you provided, one at a time, and it still didn't work. I also used physics extender. If I am understanding what you are saying, is the modpack simply not updated for KSP 1.3.1? also, maybe the problem is that I am just using the nukes the wrong way. I just attack one to a plane, click either fire missile or jettison, and wait for it to drop.

4 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Not sure if your aware @harpwner but the explosions are rotated wrong, they aren't pointing up.

This is not consistent with my personal setup... something is up in general because many people are saying the explosions aren't working which is odd... I'm just gonna spend a night during spring break making sure everything works.

18 hours ago, harpwner said:

This is not consistent with my personal setup... something is up in general because many people are saying the explosions aren't working which is odd... I'm just gonna spend a night during spring break making sure everything works.

I haven't seen anything other then the rotation thing. Looks like they are following the foward Vector3 instead of up. Everything I tested which I believe were all the parts and they seem to be working fine for me.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:04 PM, weazeldude said:

I used both of the links you provided, one at a time, and it still didn't work. I also used physics extender. If I am understanding what you are saying, is the modpack simply not updated for KSP 1.3.1? also, maybe the problem is that I am just using the nukes the wrong way. I just attack one to a plane, click either fire missile or jettison, and wait for it to drop.

NKD is compiled currently for KSP v1.3.1 and BDAc v1.1.0. It sounds to me like you haven't attached a weapons manager to your craft.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:15 AM, weazeldude said:

Changed name of file from North+Kerbin+Weaponry+v0.84 to North Kerbin Weaponry, as it was suggesting after the people said the original name didn't work (I tested without a name change also)

The current version of NKD doesn't require any file name changes, everything needs to be installed as is. You need NKD v0.84b not v0.84.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.