[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

11 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

But does everything require the .dll?

The main feature of the mod certainly does, however the rest of the parts have not been properly maintained or updated to keep pace with BDA for a considerable time  and if the info reading back holds true, several of them need more than just the extensive cfg updates, which every part without exception does require,   in order for them to be suitable for good game play when used in KSP 145 and with the latest BDA versions.

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The main feature of the mod certainly does, however the rest of the parts have not been properly maintained or updated to keep pace with BDA for a considerable time  and if the info reading back holds true, several of them need more than just the extensive cfg updates, which every part without exception does require,   in order for them to be suitable for good game play when used in KSP 145 and with the latest BDA versions.

alright thanks, I guess ill look for some alternatives, and post what a list of what still works.

does anyone another mod with stinger missiles?

• 2 weeks later...

everytime i try to add this mod in and bdarmory it wont work so im doin somethin wrong so could you please give instructions on how to add and install this mod +bdarmory and all that.                                         

Edit: Fixed the problem. Turns out uh i actually used CKAN. but when i installed it manually... It worked :D

Advice for those who dont know how to change the  version of Kerbal Space Program: right click on properties on steam on kerbal space program. Click properties and choose the version (1.3.1) and press close and boom. , but wait . Then you gotta wait for it to actually download. and   B O O M Finished

Edited by idinmomenzadeh
Fixed the problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 9/2/2018 at 8:31 PM, hello there said:

i wish this was for 1.4

On 9/14/2018 at 2:18 PM, hello there said:

is any one making ndk for 1.4

On 9/16/2018 at 9:43 AM, Dr.Si'Loy said:

Will this get updated to 1.4?

Harpwner's last visit was May 8.

Maybe he will come back someday, or maybe someone with coding knowledge will take it over and fix it properly.

maybe..

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 1:36 AM, TheKurgan said:

Harpwner's last visit was May 8.

Maybe he will come back someday, or maybe someone with coding knowledge will take it over and fix it properly.

maybe..

But we will have to get his permission before that "someone" takes over, doesn't it?

Let's just hope he'll come back asap either way.

3 hours ago, hanhan658 said:

But we will have to get his permission before that "someone" takes over, doesn't it?

Nope.

It's licenced under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)

Anyone can redistribute it... It just requires someone with the proper skills and knowledge to fix/update it properly.

It's always courteous to ask permission, and it is recommended to do so... BUT if the author is unreachable, there is nothing stopping someone from continuing it's maintenance/dev.

It is also expected that if the author returns, that he/she will resume the responsibility of it's distribution, updating and development of the mod if he/she desires to do so.

Wow, that sounded almost professional :P

Edited by TheKurgan

Feel it may be appropriate to update everyone now that I have the time to do so.

I'm sick, and while that is most certainly not the reason I've not been active, it is the reason I'm here writing this message instead of going to work.

Simply put, I'm taking high level college courses and balancing that with a part time job that leaves me with little time to tackle fixing much of anything that isn't a project assigned by one of my CS courses. So I will say that if anyone wants to mess around with my mod, go ahead.

I want to get involved again but I don't see that happening outside of breaks, and I mean breaks from school AND work, which won't be too frequent. And while my ability to program has gotten far better due to my current courses and further understanding of the languages, I just can't apply it to this right now.

I'll be around for the next week for fall break since I got it off, if anyone wants to message me I should get back to them. I am very sorry to everyone awaiting my return, I've dropped the ball on this one. Hopefully that day will come eventually.

22 hours ago, harpwner said:

Feel it may be appropriate to update everyone now that I have the time to do so.

I'm sick, and while that is most certainly not the reason I've not been active, it is the reason I'm here writing this message instead of going to work.

Simply put, I'm taking high level college courses and balancing that with a part time job that leaves me with little time to tackle fixing much of anything that isn't a project assigned by one of my CS courses. So I will say that if anyone wants to mess around with my mod, go ahead.

I want to get involved again but I don't see that happening outside of breaks, and I mean breaks from school AND work, which won't be too frequent. And while my ability to program has gotten far better due to my current courses and further understanding of the languages, I just can't apply it to this right now.

I'll be around for the next week for fall break since I got it off, if anyone wants to message me I should get back to them. I am very sorry to everyone awaiting my return, I've dropped the ball on this one. Hopefully that day will come eventually.

First off, hope you get better soon man, health first. 

I was thinking some of the mechanics you have come up with are great candidates for integration into BDA in general, the napalm, bomb damage mechanics for nuclear, could be worked in to make it easier for mod makers to create more bomb types.  One of my goals was to actually get scaled bomb mechanics built in, the damage is there but visually they are just small and large. I would like to tie it to TNT power and allow for adding modifiers (like nuclear)

If you are open to it and I can get a copy of the source we could integrate those ideas and I would help back port the changes to your parts for compatibility. 

• 4 weeks later...

What exactly do you mean by requests are encouraged? Also is there anything I could ever do to get to see this mod have an update? I really wanna see someone breath air into this mod again(just a metaphor). I really wanna see nukes for KSP again for later versions.

Edited by Mr.GReAt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, i wanted to ask about something and suggest a few things.

I really wanted to get the Space Division  Add on but i cant seem to find a link for it. but i am oblivious so forgive me if its right in front of my face and i cant see it.

And here's a few weapons suggestions

- An E.M.P weapon of some sorts to drain craft electricity or shut down systems like engines or gears. Some versions of E.M.P weaponry are E.M.P laser/cannon or E.M.P Bomb.

- An implosion bomb/missile that pulls objects towards it then launches them away 

Thanks for the mods! And i hope one day i can learn how to make mods and join the modding community! but now i'm just a beginner for playing KSP... heck, i cant even get to the moon....

For version 1.3.1 I cant see the proper explosions from the nukes and bombs from both BDarmory and NKD I need help I have physics range extender BDarmory and NKD. I don't understand how people has this working and I don't???

Edited by Tobesy

On 12/13/2018 at 5:06 PM, OPBlue said:

An E.M.P weapon of some sorts to drain craft electricity or shut down systems like engines or gears. Some versions of E.M.P weaponry are E.M.P laser/cannon or E.M.P Bomb.

Already exists in BDArmory Continued. there is an EMP hellfire, and an AMRAAM too I believe... I believe the FX need to be tweaked, but the EMP mechanic is there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.