[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's 2019, surprise!

I'll give an update.

What I've been doing the past month is brainstorming how I'll get this mod back on its feet. In reality, it gets more difficult with each passing update to actually bring this mod up to date. Thus I've decided that the best course of action is an effective reboot.

There's gonna be cuts in the amount of stuff at first, but I've already started the preliminary stages of modelling for a few things and am definitely going to be redoing all the former coding I've done to something a lot less reliant on BDArmory. Given that BDAc is the base mod to all this, it'll still be required but I want certain aspects to work without BDAc.

So what'll be new? A few things, that I won't necessarily speak of unless I know I can get it to work. Until then, I'll leave you with the hint that I just finished playing through Ace Combat 7...

Expect another update in about a week, I'm gonna hold myself to that now that I have a consistent work and class schedule that leaves me Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday free. I hope to hear from people soon to keep me in line, and I hope this time I can actually keep myself to a schedule. These software development classes have been a huge help in getting me reorganized.

Thank you guys for your patience. While I cannot guarantee quick results, I am back in the fray. Time for me to boot KSP again and see where it sits in 2019!

17 hours ago, EisbarGFX said:

Will the future updates be posted to the old Spacedock/Curse page or a new one?

Actually great question, I haven't checked up on them for a while... I'd say spacedock and maybe curse if I can remember my login.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 12:52 PM, Fraston said:

dem nuke mushroom clouds better work for Mac...

I actually don't own a Mac and thus cannot test for them functioning there, so fingers crossed it does without me having to do speculative stuff.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, Tobesy said:

Will there be versions of this but in the most recent version of ksp?

I'm actually developing for ksp 1.6, as that's what my steam auto-updated for. Given this, and my lack of space on my computer for multiple KSP installs (2tb is not enough anymore), it'll be most updated for the latest version of BDAc and whatever versions that is compatible with first, with backwards compatability MAYBE coming later, time permitting.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, Tobesy said:

Where should we go apart from this forum to get help/troubleshooting this mod?

This is a good question that got me thinking, and I decided that the best way to get suggestions, support, and updates early on would be to set up a discord server. So with that in mind, I've decided to create one.

You can join it here, I'll likely also put a link on the front page at some point once I finish it: https://discord.gg/BHjg8DD

This particular link expires after 100 uses, just to make sure it doesn't float around forever for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 10:02 AM, KSP_Fan said:

HI i wanted to aks if this mod works for 1.2.2. because i see all parts but there are no big explosions only the standart ksp explosions

As SpannerMonkey stated, this mod is currently unusable with BDAc and/or the latest version of KSP. Updates are on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum @Mateuszxd05.

I have added a translation to your question. The forum is English only outside of the international section however you can use google translate to communicate.

[Polish Translation of above text]
Witamy na forum.

Dodałem tłumaczenie do twojego pytania. Forum jest tylko w języku angielskim poza sekcją międzynarodową, ale możesz użyć google translate do komunikacji.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 9:40 PM, B0MB3RB0Y17 said:

Can you update this to 1.7?

you have to understand that these developers are not paid and they can A: do what they want and B: @harpwnerhas been developing this mod for a while and has been trying to fix it ever since 1.3 [snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

Some content has been removed and/or redacted due to personal remarks.

Let's remember to be considerate to each other, please.  In particular, this means don't make personal comments about fellow forum members.  It's fine to be constructive, it's not okay to engage in name-calling or finger-pointing.

Also, please remember that if you're not a moderator, it's not your place to tell anyone what to do or what not to do.  That never ends well, and basically accomplishes nothing but starting flame wars in which everyone loses.  If you see someone behaving in a way that you believe is so egregious that it's actually violating forum rules, then by all means report the post so the moderator team can have a look.  But if it's not violating rules... then it's not your place to criticize.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.