[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

If you managed to get the Tsarr bomb work realistically , I would like to make a modification, which would give an exploding antimatter tank the same effect. From my understanding 1kg Antimatter has about the same power as a Tsar Bomb. Do the explosion actually destroy stuff, or is it just eye candy?

If you managed to get the Tsarr bomb work realistically , I would like to make a modification, which would give an exploding antimatter tank the same effect. From my understanding 1kg Antimatter has about the same power as a Tsar Bomb. Do the explosion actually destroy stuff, or is it just eye candy?

oh these nukes are devastating, they certainly do destroy things!

Thanks, also no rush but will it be out by friday?

I hope you know that asking for ETAs is against the rules right?

any who, don't expect anything right now because nothing gets done until RGBPeter is back

OMG PAVEWAY! *faints* OMG MOAB *faints again* OMG.....a......*heart attack*

Any chance of fixed guns, and/or small turrets? Like, a 20/30mm IFV turret, or at least fixed versions (just the barrel) for the 30mm and .50 cals?

On another note, HAVE A COOKIE! You have done 'MERCIA proud.

Mercia? thats a place in england friend.

Out of curiosity, is a P-270 Moskit in the coming update? I remember you saying something about it, and I also seem to remember LORDPrometheus planning to do one, but with his withdrawl from KSP modding, I doubt we'll ever get the chance to see his.

Out of curiosity, is a P-270 Moskit in the coming update? I remember you saying something about it, and I also seem to remember LORDPrometheus planning to do one, but with his withdrawl from KSP modding, I doubt we'll ever get the chance to see his.

I doubt his withdrawal from modding is permanent, however it is quite a shame...

Yes the moskit was planned from the start, I was only going to do nuclear but I can also fo a conventional variant.

Can I make the GIAT then? I would like to

As far as I know no one has 'dibs', so go right ahead. And yeah, a conventional Moskit would be great, at least until such a time as he decides to come back (no point in having two if he releases his...later...maybe).

I found this while searching through the wikipedia archives, known as the Unrotated projectile. The Unrotated Projectile was a short range rocket fired in bulks of up to 128 rockets per launcher that went to about 1,000 feet and then detonated (a high altitude barrage system could create an aerial minefield at 20,000ft), releasing a 8.40 ounce mine attached to three parachutes by 400 feet of wire. The idea was that a passing plane would snag onto the wire and the mine would lure itself into the plane, detonating and destroying it. While this weapon was EXTREMELY ineffective, I think it would be a fun weapon to challenge yourself and see if you can take down a plane with it. (sort of like the old Rods From The Gods Mod)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrotated_projectile

upside.jpg220px-UP_mount_HMS_King_George_V_IWM_A_9385.jpg

Interestingly it was also used on ships early in world war 2 :P

220px-16_inch_gun_turrets_and_Unrotated_Projectile_launchers_on_HMS_Nelson_1940_IWM_A_1994.jpg

I found this while searching through the wikipedia archives, known as the Unrotated projectile. The Unrotated Projectile was a short range rocket fired in bulks of up to 128 rockets per launcher that went to about 1,000 feet and then detonated (a high altitude barrage system could create an aerial minefield at 20,000ft), releasing a 8.40 ounce mine attached to three parachutes by 400 feet of wire. The idea was that a passing plane would snag onto the wire and the mine would lure itself into the plane, detonating and destroying it. While this weapon was EXTREMELY ineffective, I think it would be a fun weapon to challenge yourself and see if you can take down a plane with it. (sort of like the old Rods From The Gods Mod)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrotated_projectile

http://www.hmshood.com/ship/upside.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/65/UP_mount_HMS_King_George_V_IWM_A_9385.jpg/220px-UP_mount_HMS_King_George_V_IWM_A_9385.jpg

Interestingly it was also used on ships early in world war 2 :P

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/16_inch_gun_turrets_and_Unrotated_Projectile_launchers_on_HMS_Nelson_1940_IWM_A_1994.jpg/220px-16_inch_gun_turrets_and_Unrotated_Projectile_launchers_on_HMS_Nelson_1940_IWM_A_1994.jpg

I would love to do something like that, sadly however, I don't know how to make rocket pods for BD, I did just figure out cluster bombs thanks to his help though :)

One day, maybe a rocket launching cluster turret would work, but that day isn't today :/

I would love to do something like that, sadly however, I don't know how to make rocket pods for BD, I did just figure out cluster bombs thanks to his help though :)

One day, maybe a rocket launching cluster turret would work, but that day isn't today :/

A rocket launching turret is impossible now

You could try editing BD's rocket pods he made and seeing how they work. (hopefully they do not involve coding) But if they do then oh well, c'est la vie.

I've asked Baha directly about 2 months ago and he said that's impossible for now

you should add a GPS guided kinetic bombardment.... bomb? (i don't know what you call a 9 ton rod of tungsten, a missile? bomb? kerbomb?) (a giant KSP Lawn Dart)

That would be a good idea, but the only problem is while the projectile goes through the atmosphere The Kraken will come and destroy EVERY vehicle near it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.