[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

4 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Ok so im experiencing an issue visual issue with the nukes.
When they detonate rather than forming the giant mushroom cloud that we all know and love it forms a giant ball cloud then after a few seconds the ball cloud sinks down into the ground. 
Anyone else experiencing this or know what to do?
It wasn't doing this until the wingman update to BD Armory

Yep me too i'm having this problem; very dissapointing. I don't know what happened, maybe he did adjustments to smoke. if he did, he broke it, because hot air rises, it dosen't fall.

5 hours ago, lolzor said:

Yep me too i'm having this problem; very dissapointing. I don't know what happened, maybe he did adjustments to smoke. if he did, he broke it, because hot air rises, it dosen't fall.

I actually recently started experiencing it myself after unknown circumstances. I'm going to check out what may cause the issue and fix it before it gets out of hand. I'm going to assume it's a particle and not plugin problem, as I haven't updated my plugin with progressive explosions yet.

There may have been something I overlooked, until then just be reassured that I am very well aware of this issue and will do whatever I can to fix it.

4 hours ago, harpwner said:

I actually recently started experiencing it myself after unknown circumstances. I'm going to check out what may cause the issue and fix it before it gets out of hand. I'm going to assume it's a particle and not plugin problem, as I haven't updated my plugin with progressive explosions yet.

There may have been something I overlooked, until then just be reassured that I am very well aware of this issue and will do whatever I can to fix it.

thank you for the quick response. Now thats quality customer service

On 18.8.2015 at 4:21 PM, LORDPrometheus said:

Would you be willing to share your secrets to beautiful explosions for my existing BLU-82 and GBU-57A?

If so, please let me know how to make a custom BDArmory explosion too. Mines particles fall through the ground and the rest doesn't go away.

2 hours ago, boomchacle said:

I think that the bottom half and the stalk are missing, because that looked exactly like a normal nuke but without the bottom half

They arnt missing they just don't rise like they are supost to

On 3/26/2016 at 0:05 AM, Heretic391 said:

Great mod had some good fun with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJxwEDSYcnU

you should make an aircraft that can wield the Karl Gerat 041 (the non nuclear siege mortar)

On 3/23/2016 at 6:07 AM, War Eagle 1 said:

thank you for the quick response. Now thats quality customer service

On 3/25/2016 at 7:01 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

They arnt missing they just don't rise like they are supost to

now that I've played again, I do see it in my nukes too... strange it never happened before. Might just be some new nukes or something.

Edited by boomchacle
lol spelling

14 minutes ago, boomchacle said:
On 3/26/2016 at 2:05 PM, Heretic391 said:

Great mod had some good fun with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJxwEDSYcnU

you should make an aircraft that can wield the Karl Gerat 041 (the non nuclear siege mortar)

Karl-Gerät... I think only B9 HX-sized part can handle its weight so you can put as much 54cm Mortar as you want (I put the Karl-Gerät in a destroyer so she can easily sink a battleship :D )

1 minute ago, MariLaFlora said:

Karl-Gerät... I think only B9 HX-sized part can handle its weight so you can put as much 54cm Mortar as you want (I put the Karl-Gerät in a destroyer so she can easily sink a battleship :D )

You know, Ive come up with a non b9 solution... ADD STRUTS

6 minutes ago, MariLaFlora said:

Karl-Gerät on a destroyer should be more than enough

Yeah but why not use the gustav? I swear the only thing that would sink an Mk 3 empty cargo bay would be one of those, so you just use a few as buyancy.

So the explosion issue, I have narrowed down to the BDArmory update (as that's when things started to get funny)

so I have decided to take it up with Baha, expect a reply on the state of things once I get an update

on the state of things...

-Harpwner

13 hours ago, harpwner said:

So the explosion issue, I have narrowed down to the BDArmory update (as that's when things started to get funny)

so I have decided to take it up with Baha, expect a reply on the state of things once I get an update

on the state of things...

-Harpwner

Im going to take a wild guess and say it may be due to the new particle affects he added for things like his missiles and what not.

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Im going to take a wild guess and say it may be due to the new particle affects he added for things like his missiles and what not.

I recently figured it out actually, and created a deletion request. What happened was, in the new update he accidentally left in a test line that would force particles to go down to simulate gravity. It didn't work well, but he accidentally left it in. Expect the issue to be patched when he patches the plugin!

2 hours ago, harpwner said:

I recently figured it out actually, and created a deletion request. What happened was, in the new update he accidentally left in a test line that would force particles to go down to simulate gravity. It didn't work well, but he accidentally left it in. Expect the issue to be patched when he patches the plugin!

Any eta on that?
If not is there a way i can go in a try to fix it myself?

2 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Any eta on that?
If not is there a way i can go in a try to fix it myself?

no to both, this is a problem directly linked to BD's code, and I already suggested he remove it. The ETA is up to him, not me

4 minutes ago, harpwner said:

no to both, this is a problem directly linked to BD's code, and I already suggested he remove it. The ETA is up to him, not me

i was just curious if you knew where in the code it was to take it out or if you knew if he had said anything about it coming out.
Thanks though

Just now, War Eagle 1 said:

i was just curious if you knew where in the code it was to take it out or if you knew if he had said anything about it coming out.
Thanks though

You'd have to recompile his code though, unless you made a request on github (which is what I've already done)

My Hydra rocket turret works flawlessly, but none of the other weapon systems or bombs work. All of the bombs explode as if they were simply fuel canisters, and the turrets don't shoot any bullets, even with infinite ammo on. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: Used the weapons manager and all of the turrets now work, however, the bombs and missiles still won't.

Edited by Gregnificent

Can I make a request?

Lord Promethus has a tomahawk gps guided cruise missile in his PEW mod. However its too inaccurate. On the flip side though its perfect for MalFunc Weaponry's VLS parts. 

I would like to see a nuke version

Basically it needs to be near the same dimensions as LPs Tomahawk in height, length, and width. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.