[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

37 minutes ago, Vonnmillard said:

My 1st request is for me only, so if you can't put into North Kerbin Dynamics, then can you try making a mod Called:"Von's Defense Division Pack",Please

I don't understand why you're asking other modders to make a mod pack for you instead of learning modelling by yourself

10 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

It's just for my personal request(So I can make a Edit of it for my personal stuff, okay?)...but you can make a M60A3 (105mm(Default) and 120mm(Raytheon)) Cannon with a turret(It's a real thing)

Those turrets I may make, been working on various tank/armored vehicle turrets.

10 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

My 1st request is for me only, so if you can't put into North Kerbin Dynamics, then can you try making a mod Called:"Von's Defense Division Pack",Please

I won't make any seperate mods catering to a single individual. The time it takes to model alone is hours I don't have, and if you really want to have these weapons I suggest you learn to create them for yourself, or otherwise ask another BDArmory mod maker.

On 14 August 2016 at 5:41 AM, harpwner said:

I won't make any seperate mods catering to a single individual. The time it takes to model alone is hours I don't have, and if you really want to have these weapons I suggest you learn to create them for yourself, or otherwise ask another BDArmory mod maker.

Okay, Okay, if I do not know how to make it my own for now or can't find any other BDArmory Mod Creator, then I can wait...No seriously, I will wait...

1 hour ago, Vonnmillard said:

Okay, Okay, if I do not know how to make it my own for now or can't find any other BDArmory Mod Creator, then I can wait...No seriously, I will wait...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

^Slightly outdated tutorials that should tell you everything you need to be able to make missiles and turrets for BDA, add some common sense and it's really not that hard to make simple weapons, Its just practice from there...

1 hour ago, Wraith977 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

^Slightly outdated tutorials that should tell you everything you need to be able to make missiles and turrets for BDA, add some common sense and it's really not that hard to make simple weapons, Its just practice from there...

Link to the software?

2 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Link to the software?

Blender -> https://www.blender.org/download/

Unity (free version has everything you'll need) -> https://store.unity.com/

And then an image editor, paint.net, gimp or Photoshop will work fine

Paint.net -> http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

GIMP -> https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

EDIT: You'll also need the KSP part tools for the Unity export -> 

Edited by Wraith977

4 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

How do you load up the image for modelling?

Not sure what you mean by this, you don't use an image to create a model, you create a mesh in blender. If you're asking about having a background image for reference that is explained in the first linked video.

4 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

It is really hard so Can you send me a New Set of Tutorials that is easier for me, Please...

This thread has more tutorials on modding KSP although there are none directly linked to making BDA submods, the ones I linked are the only ones that I could find that link directly to BDA and even though I say they are outdated it is literally one or two things such as the .fbx export that have since changed.-> 

However I hardly think this is the correct thread to have this discussion, If you really need more help with this I would suggest asking on the main BDA thread or via PM since this has very little to do with NKD.

Sorry for jacking your thread @harpwner... again:P

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@harpwner Just popping in to say thanks for the turret tip. and i hadn't tried nested transforms before :)   and of course confirming it isn't a fluke, it's reproducible elsewhere!.  The PEW Tunguska has just come alive for the first time. Cheers, and damn good find :D

Your welcome, I originally tried to do it with 1 set of transforms but there was conflict between the turrets so I thought of multiple transforms (which @Papa_Joe also thought of soon after) and I tried it and it worked!

and actually a little bit disappointed... I wanted to make a Tunguska :( 

Edit: First nukes and now this, I love finding new things here... running out again but I'll think of something!

Edited by harpwner

21 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Your welcome, I originally tried to do it with 1 set of transforms but there was conflict between the turrets so I thought of multiple transforms (which @Papa_Joe also thought of soon after) and I tried it and it worked!

and actually a little bit disappointed... I wanted to make a Tunguska :( 

Sounds like you tried everything else i tried, someone deserved a win considering how long it;s taken until someone made it work. As for not making a Tunguska I think you should, regardless, PEWs is  OK, there's a  few areas  I'd change, and it's still missing the main antenna, I've made one, just not sure how to mount and deploy  (but aside from finishing the turrets, tweaking and tuning the missiles, unless LP has new stuff hidden away there wont be any real additions)

.  Putting all that aside  you and I both know that our customer bases tend to lean towards one mod or another, I know there are those warlike types who use everything, but mostly they all have favorites, so your customers are  very likely to want one of your own fine products :) , especially as there's another example of a multi mount weapon (for lack of a better name)  around. 

Hi @harpwner 

I see that you have successfully made a turret with missiles and guns(LAV AD) I hope its a good time to make a request for this very special weapon system.

kashtan-ciws-920-10.jpg?quality=94&strip

Its the Kashatan CWIS. its equipped with a radar and FLIR Camera to acquire and lock targets. As for armaments, It has 2x30 MM Gatling Cannon(the Gau-8 Avenger cannon). 8 Missiles(9M311K Short Range Radar Guided Missile). Hopefully you are interested in making it and i hpe to see it in your amazing pack soon. :) 

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Sounds like you tried everything else i tried, someone deserved a win considering how long it;s taken until someone made it work. As for not making a Tunguska I think you should, regardless, PEWs is  OK, there's a  few areas  I'd change, and it's still missing the main antenna, I've made one, just not sure how to mount and deploy  (but aside from finishing the turrets, tweaking and tuning the missiles, unless LP has new stuff hidden away there wont be any real additions)

.  Putting all that aside  you and I both know that our customer bases tend to lean towards one mod or another, I know there are those warlike types who use everything, but mostly they all have favorites, so your customers are  very likely to want one of your own fine products :) , especially as there's another example of a multi mount weapon (for lack of a better name)  around. 

WOOO I get to make a Tunguska then! I do want to start retrofitting some of the stuff I have already made with this tech if need be, and I would like to see if there's a way to make multiple guns work with individual muzzle flash (Involving me combing BD's code, and if it can't work I need to make an override. and if THAT doesn't work... dang :( )

31 minutes ago, Jackeled said:

Hi @harpwner 

I see that you have successfully made a turret with missiles and guns(LAV AD) I hope its a good time to make a request for this very special weapon system.

kashtan-ciws-920-10.jpg?quality=94&strip

Its the Kashatan CWIS. its equipped with a radar and FLIR Camera to acquire and lock targets. As for armaments, It has 2x30 MM Gatling Cannon(the Gau-8 Avenger cannon). 8 Missiles(9M311K Short Range Radar Guided Missile). Hopefully you are interested in making it and i hpe to see it in your amazing pack soon. :) 

Well THAT would be one heck of a complex model... 2 gatling guns... I have no words. I want to so bad but I'll have to see how many internet references I can find, since this is clearly the type of thing that requires a lot of internet research and background images to model off of :P 

P.S: Also I feel like I need to ask before doing this but... Would it be ok/do you guys think I should put up a donation button? I don't like to ask for donations (which is why it's optional of course) but the fact is that I'm not really working any real job and buy my stuff off of YouTube income. I'm not technically unemployed due to my age but my Paypal is underwhelming, and while I try to jump-start my YouTube channel it has occurred to me that donations would be helpful. I definitely can live without donations and I can't stress that enough, but maybe I could put it towards expensive programs that may help development... such as that texturing program on steam that'd make all my models look better but is way out of my current price range. Just a thought really... back to procrastinating on college applications.

24 minutes ago, harpwner said:

P.S: Also I feel like I need to ask before doing this but... Would it be ok/do you guys think I should put up a donation button? I don't like to ask for donations (which is why it's optional of course) but the fact is that I'm not really working any real job and buy my stuff off of YouTube income. I'm not technically unemployed due to my age but my Paypal is underwhelming, and while I try to jump-start my YouTube channel it has occurred to me that donations would be helpful. I definitely can live without donations and I can't stress that enough, but maybe I could put it towards expensive programs that may help development... such as that texturing program on steam that'd make all my models look better but is way out of my current price range. Just a thought really... back to procrastinating on college applications.

IMO its ok with me. i hope others have the same thought too. after all, you could have used all the days you spent on the mod doing other stuff IRL. However if im correct, There seems to be a clause in the TOS that might prohibit you from putting up a donation link on the forums or something like that.

I Believe its this clause in the guidelines: Links that promote projects and/or products that are meant for the personal profit of either party, this specifically includes linking through ad.fly;

Edited by Jackeled

9 minutes ago, Jackeled said:

IMO its ok with me. i hope others have the same thought too. after all, you could have used all the days you spent on the mod doing other stuff IRL. However if im correct, There seems to be a clause in the TOS that might prohibit you from putting up a donation link on the forums or something like that.

I Believe its this clause in the guidelines: Links that promote projects and/or products that are meant for the personal profit of either party, this specifically includes linking through ad.fly;

Thanks for your input! I will setup a donation button if a certain number of people like or reply to my post with a positive answer, I only want to do it if the community surrounding my mod would be OK with it.

Also I don't think this is a breach in rules. Looking at other forum pages alone Ferram's Aerospace, an extremely popular modification that I use myself, has a donate button. I think that rule applies much more specifically to links such as ad.fly (like you said) and all the ad based revenue things. I found a post where @Capt'n Skunky (Hi!) said that there is no real issue with people making money from their own work via donation... so the rules don't seem to inhibit donations at all.

1 hour ago, harpwner said:

Also I don't think this is a breach in rules. Looking at other forum pages alone Ferram's Aerospace, an extremely popular modification that I use myself, has a donate button. I think that rule applies much more specifically to links such as ad.fly (like you said) and all the ad based revenue things. I found a post where @Capt'n Skunky (Hi!) said that there is no real issue with people making money from their own work via donation... so the rules don't seem to inhibit donations at all.

That'd be totally nice, we have one on SpaceDock page of NAS too. You deserve this and I hope it'll help with your development 

Edited by Acea

Well after some positive reinforcement from my friends and from some of you guys I finally decided to put a donation button up here and on Spacedock.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this mod for so long. I feel like I've become part of a great community, and I think it's time I stopped procrastinating on the next big update...

We are revamping all the models and textures!

I also... may add functionality for napalm (MAYBE) depending on how difficult it is to code.

8 hours ago, harpwner said:

Well after some positive reinforcement from my friends and from some of you guys I finally decided to put a donation button up here and on Spacedock.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this mod for so long. I feel like I've become part of a great community, and I think it's time I stopped procrastinating on the next big update...

We are revamping all the models and textures!

I also... may add functionality for napalm (MAYBE) depending on how difficult it is to code.

i made an account on this forum just to thank you for all the work and time you put into this mod, this is (in my opinion) the best bd armory expansion thats up to date and i hope you continue working on this mod so the whole community can enjoy this wonderful mod. it has some amazing textures and doesnt bug out nearly as much as other mods(my favourite part is the nuclear scud and launcher)

1 hour ago, andreasblom said:

How do I solve issue where turret fires 1 shot when other turrets with salvo are on ship?

turret is lav ad (from nkd) with stingers in tubes and secondary is 3 dual barrel .50 cal turrets

can you add more detail? try to turn all turrets to salvo, and if that doesn't work try adding more ammo or turning on infinite ammo(and if all of these don't work add more detail to your question2TGq1WZ.png(from google images, compliments of imgur) (ignore the stuff in red, look at the setting 4'th down thats not checked 

1 hour ago, andreasblom said:

How do I solve issue where turret fires 1 shot when other turrets with salvo are on ship?

turret is lav ad (from nkd) with stingers in tubes and secondary is 3 dual barrel .50 cal turrets

I think you have to turn up the pixel and light settings

4 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

I think you have to turn up the pixel and light settings

how would that help? (don't take this the wrong way, im just wondering)(im not trying to be rude)

Edited by acerarity
thought of something to add

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.