[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Took a look at the new small-diameter bombs.

Given that there appears to be no functional difference between the GBU-39 and the GBU-44, may I recommend replacing the latter with the GBU-44/B Viper Strike variant, which is laser-guided (though GPS-aided, but that, I know, is impossible)?

Edited by Angstinator

On 8/28/2016 at 8:50 AM, Angstinator said:

Took a look at the new small-diameter bombs.

Given that there appears to be no functional difference between the GBU-39 and the GBU-44, may I recommend replacing the latter with the GBU-44/B Viper Strike variant, which is laser-guided (though GPS-aided, but that, I know, is impossible)?

I actually modeled the GBU-44 off of the Viper Strike variant... I can change it to laser guided in between updates. 

Speaking of updates, I have been taking a little bit of a break. Back in school now and a whole new host of responsibilities have fallen upon me. Once my schedule hits a balance and I'm thoroughly rested I'll begin working again. I bring news of a working Napalm script though!

The next couple updates will be small and quicker once I work again, as I am going to be remastering most of the parts with help from @Quabbo as well as only adding a couple parts in the process.

On 15 August 2016 at 5:24 PM, Wraith977 said:

Blender -> https://www.blender.org/download/

Unity (free version has everything you'll need) -> https://store.unity.com/

And then an image editor, paint.net, gimp or Photoshop will work fine

Paint.net -> http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

GIMP -> https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

EDIT: You'll also need the KSP part tools for the Unity export -> 

I tried to hit 1 and 5 several times, but the Picture does not appear at all and There's an error when Unity Trys to install Windows Visual Studios when installing Unity, I need help with these things, please...

9 minutes ago, Vonnmillard said:

I tried to hit 1 and 5 several times, but the Picture does not appear at all and There's an error when Unity Try's to install Windows Visual Studios when installing Unity, I need help with these things, please...

The picture I meant the Picture Background for reference.

Edited by Vonnmillard
Minor Errors throughout typing

7 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Now I may be wrong but it seems to me that CAL's universal ammo box doesn't have the Paladin's 155mm shells.

No it doesn't, the 155Shells resource needs to be pumped manually and it doesn't seem convenient, but if more of you need it I'll provide that in the CAL ammo box content list

Edited by Acea

3 hours ago, iusethistotalktotheguywho said:

hey guys Im having trouble using the Paladin and other Howitzers. I can't seem to find the ammo boxes for such :(

Well seems that some of you really need that.

I'll provide a C.A.L++ update later today in which the universal ammo box would provide all ammo types used by North Kerbin Dynamics :P

EDIT: Updated C.A.L++ to 0.1.5

Edited by Acea

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a weird glitch with the nukes. At any distance and any yield; it destroys my craft with overheating a few seconds after it detonates. Before it worked fine, i could drop a Castle Bravo from my B-52 at 11km altitude and escape it just fine if i was beyond the encoded blast radius; but now whatever i do it destroys me, even if i am 20km from a B-61. What`s going on?

3 hours ago, lolzor said:

I'm having a weird glitch with the nukes. At any distance and any yield; it destroys my craft with overheating a few seconds after it detonates. Before it worked fine, i could drop a Castle Bravo from my B-52 at 11km altitude and escape it just fine if i was beyond the encoded blast radius; but now whatever i do it destroys me, even if i am 20km from a B-61. What`s going on?

i have not played ksp in awhile but ill try to help to the best of my abilities. try going into the mod files and look to see what the blast radius is set to and try setting it lower(and the blast power)

9 hours ago, CaptainCreeper56 said:

is anyone having issues with the GBU-39 not gliding down? I drop it from a high enough altitude but it just retards and falls way short. 

Yeah, I have had that problem, sometimes it works, sometimes it just slowly falls down like its falling through thick soup

On 9/11/2016 at 6:15 PM, lolzor said:

??? This is odd, you say it was working before but doesn't now? I'll have to look into it. I think the problem may have something to do with me accidentally leaving experimental Napalm code in with the nukes. O_o

On 9/12/2016 at 2:19 AM, Squishydoo said:

can it blend???

Yes. Yes it can.

1 hour ago, Combatsmithen said:

Yeah, I have had that problem, sometimes it works, sometimes it just slowly falls down like its falling through thick soup

Make sure you are dropping the bombs within the green circle dropzone thingy, if you drop them outside of it or without a GPS target they have a weird glitch. I've tried to fix that but it's been abusive to me so for now you must mark a GPS target and drop it in the circle.

1 hour ago, harpwner said:

??? This is odd, you say it was working before but doesn't now? I'll have to look into it. I think the problem may have something to do with me accidentally leaving experimental Napalm code in with the nukes. O_o

Yes. Yes it can.

Make sure you are dropping the bombs within the green circle dropzone thingy, if you drop them outside of it or without a GPS target they have a weird glitch. I've tried to fix that but it's been abusive to me so for now you must mark a GPS target and drop it in the circle.

yeah I dropped it withing the circle. It happens sometimes. But other times it doesnt. IDK

On 2016-09-11 at 9:22 PM, acerarity said:

i have not played ksp in awhile but ill try to help to the best of my abilities. try going into the mod files and look to see what the blast radius is set to and try setting it lower(and the blast power)

how i know that that won`t help is that the nukes (tried em all) all have a different blast radius and power; yet the effect is the same. I think it`s a problem relating to heat and the nuke blast programming.

10 hours ago, harpwner said:

Yes. Yes it can.

I do drop it in the green circle from a good distance away and high up but they just fall and not guide them. 

5 hours ago, lolzor said:

how i know that that won`t help is that the nukes (tried em all) all have a different blast radius and power; yet the effect is the same. I think it`s a problem relating to heat and the nuke blast programming.

ya, i wasn't sure if that was the problem, i get the opposite i don't die when im close but i do when i get further away(with the polaris missile, i dont remember from what mod)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.