[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

• 2 weeks later...

@Coopo Did you install the mod properly? If you did take the file inside the mod's "Gamedata" folder and place it in KSP Gamedata folder correctly, dont forget to also rename the mod file to North Kerbin Weaponry. It should be fixed.

@b0ss You're in luck. Railguns and "The rods from gods" exists in the mod. The rods are named Kinetic Bombardment Weapon, be sure to have it impact it's target >100m/s for it to be effective.

I have installed the mod and I am seeing nuclear effects functionality in only a small subset of the provided nuclear weapon parts. The Genie missile and the nuclear Scud missile are functioning nuclear weapons, however other nukes such as the Tsar Bomba and Castle Bravo have no functioning effects.

The 3 digit in-game description for blast radius/tnt mass/heat for the non-functioning nukes are 0/0/1, but for functioning nukes it is as specified in the .cfg file.

The primary difference I'm seeing is that in the nuclear Scud cfg, for example, the explosive properties are integrated into one module. With the non-functioning nukes, blast properties are provided by a bugged ModuleNuclearExplosive module. Is this a known issue? what is the recommended fix?

and before anyone asks, yes I installed the mod correctly. I am not so inept that I cannot put a couple folders into gamedata.

On 3/12/2018 at 5:01 AM, CVerts said:

@Coopo Did you install the mod properly? If you did take the file inside the mod's "Gamedata" folder and place it in KSP Gamedata folder correctly, dont forget to also rename the mod file to North Kerbin Weaponry. It should be fixed.

@b0ss

Where should i put it in the gamedata folder?

4 hours ago, Coopo said:

Should i put the whole folder flat out in game data or like in plugins

When installing mods with KSP, all provided materials are tossed into the cesspit gamedata and it just works. There is no need to overthink this, the process is much easier than you believe it to be. Whenever you install a mod, the folders with the mod's name gets chucked into gamedata. 

However you may find that despite correct installation, this mod may not work for all provided bombs for reasons outlined above.

11 hours ago, KAO said:

When installing mods with KSP, all provided materials are tossed into the cesspit gamedata and it just works. There is no need to overthink this, the process is much easier than you believe it to be. Whenever you install a mod, the folders with the mod's name gets chucked into gamedata. 

However you may find that despite correct installation, this mod may not work for all provided bombs for reasons outlined above.

Thanks

On 3/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, CVerts said:

@b0ss You're in luck. Railguns and "The rods from gods" exists in the mod. The rods are named Kinetic Bombardment Weapon, be sure to have it impact it's target >100m/s for it to be effective.

That's awesome! Do the railguns work with electricity like they do IRL, i.e. needing a huge burst of electricity using something like the capacitors from Near Future Electrical?

@b0ss No burst of electricity needed. Using normal batteries will do the job (better if you throw in a reactor.) 

On 3/18/2018 at 8:08 AM, CodyTheJoker said:

Can you please help me? I haven't been able to make this work, Even with 1.3.1!

I cannot see the explosion mushroom clouds! I've followed the steam guides and NKD guides, But no budging of the mod.

GAME DATA PICTURE: https://imgur.com/a/pYhbW

Cody Are you sure the renamed file used to be called North Kerbin Weaponry v.083 (or other versions?). If so then it might have something to do with compatibility issues if you installed a later/older file. 

Edited by CVerts

Ah dang that's a shame. Would be nice if this had weapons that behave like IRL railguns, can't have a heavy ordnance pack without electricity-devouring guns flinging tungsten at mach 7 :P

16 minutes ago, b0ss said:

Ah dang that's a shame. Would be nice if this had weapons that behave like IRL railguns, can't have a heavy ordnance pack without electricity-devouring guns flinging tungsten at mach 7 :P

It's a double edged sword, especially in new BDA,  massive velocities impart massive recoil, and this massive recoil messes with the aim, as it can be so heavy that it moves a several hundred ton craft, which in turn imparts an unexpected velocity in the mount. Which sounds like a laugh, and it is for 5 mins,  but it makes the gun fairly useless apart from as a curiosity.  All is not lost  as there are  now a multitude of cfg options that can tune individual behaviors, but tuning them is not a ten minute job, takes many adjustments and many restarts, unless you get lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.