[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

• 2 months later...

wait the soviets could just get a super huge plane and drop a tzar bomb on everyone they only cost like 500 bucks

ey i just downloaded from spacedock and opened the zipped file and coppied down NKD and just NKD and pasted in the ksp gamedata folder

On 8/28/2019 at 5:20 PM, Hadron27 said:

Where do I put the .CS and other files? Do I just put them where you put mods? Also do I put the entire Downloaded thing in?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So glad that this mod is getting reworked!  I have the current version installed, THE NUKES EXPLODE, but not all the parts show up.  Even with the mod filter I have, still not all the parts show up.  Is there any way I can find a temporary fix for this?

Edited by KSPBDAfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great mod, even more so because it gives you reason and stimulus to build challenging airplane designs. 

Will test this in 1.9.1 and report my findings.

EDIT: here it is!

sko9POH.png

hweUeFw.png

6qM6wc0.png

m8OjSVJ.png

Se7soEY.png

So there it is, in 1.9.1.,  a fully, BDA-funcional drop of a nuke, mushroom and all.

I haven't tested all nukes but, even if some parts don't work, clearly some do, maybe all in fact. 

I did not take a screenshot of that, but the blast eventually got to 4.500 meters altitude, where my plane was, and my plane got destroyed by the blast (I am assuming, anyway). Good thing I was remotely controlled. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

Ok, new test, this time a failure! 

The plane is a supersonic strategic bomber more or less inspired on the Convair Hustler...

ltAY3Cl.png

... and the payload, the FOAB:

1OhnVSi.png

The drop has as target the southern coast just south of the KSP (come to think of it, with a bomb this size, it would have destroyed the KSC). Altitude was around 15.000m, speed mach 2.7:

jDhvRQ4.png

And ... a failure! The bomb dropped allright with BdA commands, but did not detonate, it just crashed against the water surface.

I am left wondering: a) does it have to hit land to explode, water is no good? b) there are some 'engage distance' settings, does that matter, i.e., if it is dropped from too high it will not explode?

PS .... some great screenshots nonetheless huh?

ywSTV3p.png

Another test! 

This one was dropped from 8.800 meters. It hit water and detonated; perhaps because this time I activated physics range extender (which was off during last test). 

tPOqzTo.png

U88H76b.png

What a cloud! By now it is probably going above 12.000m. It started dissipating soon after that. 

NdjccmE.png

I will try a couple of high-altitude drops with and without PRE, to see if it makes a difference.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Another test! 

This one was dropped from 8.800 meters. It hit water and detonated; perhaps because this time I activated physics range extender (which was off during last test). 

tPOqzTo.png

U88H76b.png

What a cloud! By now it is probably going above 12.000m. It started dissipating soon after that. 

NdjccmE.png

I will try a couple of high-altitude drops with and without PRE, to see if it makes a difference.

Hi! You say you were running 1.9.1, as am I, but was this with the FOAB also? I got the mod to work but the explosion does not produce a mushroom cloud?! any ideas?

22 hours ago, sergeikat said:

Hi! You say you were running 1.9.1, as am I, but was this with the FOAB also? I got the mod to work but the explosion does not produce a mushroom cloud?! any ideas?

Oh no, this last one I used another one, not the FOAB again. My guess is that one is indeed broken. 

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, Space Division was probably an extra pack including some space-based weapons such as missiles/rockets with RCS thrusters capable of maneuvering in vacuum and likely some lasers. Although, keep in mind I really have no idea, just inferring based on the theme of the mod and name of the pack, as well as some assets included in the base version. Also, in reference to Daniel Prates testing the weapons, yes, PRE is certainly required, lots of times I've made sweet bombers and dropped my payload and seen a very small explosion instead of a big mushroom cloud and then remembered PRE and done the drop again with proper effects manifest afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Im new to this forum despite me having the game for a few months, I got the mod a few months ago and it has worked till.. I got BDarmory a week ago. It worked for a bit but then stopped working. I dont know what happened. I think its just way to old now and that it just needs to be updated. So I think i just got my answer by my self but if anyone sees this, and there is a way to fix it. please tell me.

is this mod ever going to be updated?

22 hours ago, coop2168 said:

Hello! Im new to this forum despite me having the game for a few months, I got the mod a few months ago and it has worked till.. I got BDarmory a week ago. It worked for a bit but then stopped working. I dont know what happened. I think its just way to old now and that it just needs to be updated. So I think i just got my answer by my self but if anyone sees this, and there is a way to fix it. please tell me.

i am playing with this mod in ksp 1.9.1 and sometimes the explosions stop exploding. if this is what you mean then the only way i know to fix it is to restart the game.

when i was playing sometimes the mushroom clouds would appear sideways or upside down. is there a way to fix this?

Edited by epicfailure2020

On 6/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, epicfailure2020 said:

is this mod ever going to be updated?

i am playing with this mod in ksp 1.9.1 and sometimes the explosions stop exploding. if this is what you mean then the only way i know to fix it is to restart the game.

when i was playing sometimes the mushroom clouds would appear sideways or upside down. is there a way to fix this?

I do restart the game, it doesnt work still. I think its just the mod being very outdated at this point, RIP NKD

there are 2 way to make it explode first is to edit the config file and change the  Nuclear explosive module to missile but change boost time to 0 and cruise time to 1(for testing) and use the specific bomb model.The second is to edit the config file and change the type to bomb and use the specific bomb model.If you don't understand the download my attempt,It was successful but it still WIP and tsar bomba explode in ten second

Edited by cukkoo
Fix the Nuclear

I never actually thought about that, also someone is making NKD updated, he made a video and I think he should need more attention for trying to bring back a good mod for KSP 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.