Update the Demo

I think you guys need to update the demo of the game. It seems fairly buggy.

Was trying to get my friend into the game and had him download the demo. I was watching him play through Steam broadcast, and he ran into a number of bugs.

The tutorials need a bit of a touch up too I think, but they get the job done mostly.

I'm guessing my friend just got frustrated and didn't feel like playing anymore :P

But after watching someone who's never touched the game try the demo and the tutorials, I can't really blame him.

At any rate, there was a couple specific bugs I noticed when he was playing.

1. In the first tutorial where you're supposed to build something, he would attach a fuel tank to the capsule, then removed it and it wouldn't attach to anything again. And if he moved the capsule around it would become off center in the screen, like too far away, in the floor etc. He couldn't seem to attach anything to the capsule again.

2. He said SAS wasn't working right. I told him how it should work. If he has it enabled he should be able to hold a directional key down, and then align the ship and let go and it would lock that heading. Except whenever he held the key it would move a bit but not more. He'd have to turn SAS off, move, then re-engage it again when he was close to what he wanted. Couldn't "fine tune" his heading on the navball with SAS enabled.

1. Sounds like a strange glitch, screenshots and logs?

2. SAS shouldn't act like that, is he playing career?

As I said, I was watching him through steam broadcast. So no SS or logs. And as I said, it was the Demo, in Tutorials.

At any rate, there was a couple specific bugs I noticed when he was playing.

1. In the first tutorial where you're supposed to build something, he would attach a fuel tank to the capsule, then removed it and it wouldn't attach to anything again. And if he moved the capsule around it would become off center in the screen, like too far away, in the floor etc. He couldn't seem to attach anything to the capsule again.

2. He said SAS wasn't working right. I told him how it should work. If he has it enabled he should be able to hold a directional key down, and then align the ship and let go and it would lock that heading. Except whenever he held the key it would move a bit but not more. He'd have to turn SAS off, move, then re-engage it again when he was close to what he wanted. Couldn't "fine tune" his heading on the navball with SAS enabled.

That SAS stuff sounds like the SAS was like in the old days and in the old demo. Maybe you should try downloading a new demo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.