Starlion Industries - KSPI & IFS Compatibility Patches for Fueltanks, Spaceplanes, & more [CKAN]

ABZB

What would you like to see next?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see next?

• Add Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives as well as other miscellaneous KSPI parts (will take quite some time, need to learn modeling first)
    • Fix unbalanced parts, etc. (please comment what & why)
    • Integrate other part-packs with KSPI (please suggest which one(s))
    • Other

What are you using as your thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform for the ModuleEnginesFX turbojet? I noticed that the TransformName should be "TT" and not "thrustTransform". Not sure if you noticed this already or if its even related to your thermal turbojet issue.

the transform name is a property of the part model (part of the model is called by that name in the .mu file, basically). the transform names are copied from the original configs for the part-models.

the transform name is a property of the part model (part of the model is called by that name in the .mu file, basically). the transform names are copied from the original configs for the part-models.

The more you know... :) I was playing around with it earlier trying to fix my electric engine effects with Realplume.

Alright, I added universal retractable RCS which can switch between all mono propellants, and retract when RCS is offline or the RCS block itslef is disabled. This is very convenient as you will get visual feedback what RCS ports are actually active or not. I also added an ability to limit thrust and it scan be re-scaled to large size. This should be the perfect tool for building SSTO Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

V 2.1 is up!InterstellarFuelSwitch: Added Hexoborane, Helium-3, Tritium, & Deuterium options.

Adding Helium-3 and Tritium is a bad idea. These resources are extremely expansive. It will also result in negative cost of the tanks

Edited by FreeThinker

Hmm. I am still receiving 5 module manager errors when I load the game after updating to your latest version. Most fuel types work but there are a couple like Helium3 for example that don't show a fuel fill slider and appear to have no wet mass. Also... another minor thing I noticed is the fuels are listed in a different order than on other tanks. After I finish my Moho trip I will be building a new SSTO to test your parts and the new RCS thrusters FreeThinker created.

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key resourceAmounts = #$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../keroseneamount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART[mk3FuselageLF_25|mk3FuselageLF_50|mk2Fuselage|mk2FuselageShortLiquid|mk3FuselageLF_100]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/L_short/mk2FuselageShortLiquid

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key resourceAmounts = #$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../keroseneamount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART[mk3FuselageLF_25|mk3FuselageLF_50|mk2Fuselage|mk2FuselageShortLiquid|mk3FuselageLF_100]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_100/mk3FuselageLF_100

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART[mk3FuselageLF_25|mk3FuselageLF_50|mk2Fuselage|mk2FuselageShortLiquid|mk3FuselageLF_100]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_25/mk3FuselageLF_25

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART[mk3FuselageLF_25|mk3FuselageLF_50|mk2Fuselage|mk2FuselageShortLiquid|mk3FuselageLF_100]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_50/mk3FuselageLF_50

Edited by Trolllception

Alright, I added universal retractable RCS which can switch between all mono propellants, and retract when RCS is offline or the RCS block itslef is disabled. This is very convenient as you will get visual feedback what RCS ports are actually active or not. I also added an ability to limit thrust and it scan be re-scaled to large size. This should be the perfect tool for building SSTO Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Adding Helium-3 and Tritium is a bad idea. These resources are extremely expansive. It will also result in negative cost of the tanks

Helium-3 is priced at 2 per unit - it's less expensive than Hydrazine (2.008

Tritium is 288 per unit - I will multiply it's volume by 0.00694. this way it will only be a problem if hydrazine is a problem. i'll Handwave it as radiation shielding

- - - Updated - - -

Does real fuels allow you to fill wings with hydrazine/kspi fuels?

There are MM packs to add fuel tanks to wings. The B9 procedural wings have that built-in (via MM). Procedural Parts code currently does not include FuelSwitch compatibility...

I could probably write something up for fuel-switch wing tanks, though. I'll work on that, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. I am still receiving 5 module manager errors when I load the game after updating to your latest version. Most fuel types work but there are a couple like Helium3 for example that don't show a fuel fill slider and appear to have no wet mass. Also... another minor thing I noticed is the fuels are listed in a different order than on other tanks. After I finish my Moho trip I will be building a new SSTO to test your parts and the new RCS thrusters FreeThinker created.

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key resourceAmounts = #$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../keroseneamount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$.....

• Helium3 Issue found: I was using the old resource name: fixed
  • what other resources are doing that?
  • MM error found - that node was missing the '@': fixed

Also I did switch the resource order, they are in alphabetical order. The alternate order was... hard to remember for me when looking for a resource. Would it be preferable to have any specific resource as the first (default) one, while retaining the alphabetizing? Or some other order?

Version 2.2

• Helium3 resource fixed.

• Fixed MM error when neither RF nor MM are installed.

• Tritium resource volume scaled down to .7% of base-tank volume for negative-cost reasons. I justify based on radiation shielding?

• InterstellarFuelSwitch-adding patch now adds properly-scaled tank to all parts that have only a LiquidFuel resource (in stock, now also modifies the mk1 LF part, as well as the end-game heavy wings).

• Structural (no resource) option added.

There are MM packs to add fuel tanks to wings. The B9 procedural wings have that built-in (via MM). Procedural Parts code currently does not include FuelSwitch compatibility...

I could probably write something up for fuel-switch wing tanks, though. I'll work on that, I guess.

I can't seem to fill the B9 procedural wings with KSPI resources. Fuel was the issue I was working out with yesterday with my Spaceplane after the changes to capacity for the Mk2 tanks. Do I need realfuels installed as well?

Edit: It looks like you may have already added this by adding the resources to all liquid fuel resource containers.

• Helium3 Issue found: I was using the old resource name: fixed
  • what other resources are doing that?
  • MM error found - that node was missing the '@': fixed

Also I did switch the resource order, they are in alphabetical order. The alternate order was... hard to remember for me when looking for a resource. Would it be preferable to have any specific resource as the first (default) one, while retaining the alphabetizing? Or some other order?

The Helium3 was the only resource I saw with issues when checking it out yesterday. I had the order memorized from KSPI so the alphabetical order from your mod is a little different. I agree though that alphabetical order makes more sense.

Helium-3 is priced at 2 per unit

That prize and density is not correct, it will get back Fractals orginal cost + density

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = LqdHe3
density = 0.000059
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 525.2
}

Notice the density is also decreased, it's less dense than LiquidHydrogen. If you think that's too expansive consider this is actualy a bargan considering the current cost of He3. Your not going to fill a full tank with it.

Edited by FreeThinker

That prize and density is not correct, it will get back Fractals orginal cost + density

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = LqdHe3
density = 0.000059
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 525.2
}

Notice the density is also decreased, it's less dense than LiquidHydrogen. If you think that's too expansive consider this is actualy a bargan considering the current cost of He3. Your not going to fill a full tank with it.

In career, I never do anyway - I would be filling it from mining or tritium decay. In the absence of Philotical's module working, I have a small complex of fuel-tanks on my Munbase to store the various resources en-mass. Also, some of the tanks now being modified are quite small - so for those tanks the amount of LqdHe3 is reasonable in any event.

• Tritium resource volume scaled down to .7% of base-tank volume for negative-cost reasons. I justify based on radiation shielding?

A simpler justification may be that it is actually stored in gaseous form (and cryogenic power reqt can be removed, if there?). The Lqd would then just mean that the units are liquid-liter-equivalent.

Edited by bos

A simpler justification may be that it is actually stored in gaseous form (and cryogenic power reqt can be removed, if there?). The Lqd would then just mean that the units are liquid-liter-equivalent.

Not a bad idea...

EDIT:

Will be implemented as of version 2.5.

Assuming that the density of the cryo is maximized [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_storage#/media/File:Storage_Density_of_Hydrogen.jpg] and presurized is minimized, I feel 15% is justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any chance to see Mk-3 fuel tanks with Interstellar Fuelswitch?

Already implemented - as of version 2.2 any part whose only resource is LiquidFuel will be so modified (this also includes the wings with small LiquidFuel-Tanks)

Edit: On further inspection, I failed to remove some of the old MM code, so mk3 parts, and many others, were being missed. fixed as of 2.5

Edited by ABZB

I expirimented with a lot of the parts yesterday and things are looking good. I have a couple of feature requests. The wings worked well but there doesn't appear to be any fuel crossflow to the main stack. Also this might just be me but I can't seem to find any MM configs to add KSPI resources to the B9 procedural wings.

This weekend I hope to really dig in more. With 1.1 coming soon it looks like I'll be starting a new career with realfuels and remotetech2. Just need to decide if I'll be carrying over all those sweet science points from my previous career.

Trolllception said:
I expirimented with a lot of the parts yesterday and things are looking good. I have a couple of feature requests. The wings worked well but there doesn't appear to be any fuel crossflow to the main stack. Also this might just be me but I can't seem to find any MM configs to add KSPI resources to the B9 procedural wings.

This weekend I hope to really dig in more. With 1.1 coming soon it looks like I'll be starting a new career with realfuels and remotetech2. Just need to decide if I'll be carrying over all those sweet science points from my previous career.

If I remember correctly, the B9 procedural wings have a built-in patch for MFT - but not for RealFuels. Also, the way it is set up, the MFT patch ends up deleting itself if RF and not MFT is installed. To fix this, in the B9 folder, in patch.cfg, at line 7 IIRC, change MODULE:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] to MODULE:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels].

There is not currently Procedural Parts support for Fuel Switch (that I know of), so I cannot implement for them at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 2.5:

• Changed internal names of the modified engines to avoid conflict with Real Engines Configs patches on the same. To avoid breaking modified saves, open all .sfs files and craft files, and Ctrl+replace as follows (some editors, like Notepad++ will allow a replace across all open documents at once):
    2. M2X.IonEngine => Mk2VASIMR
    4. Mk2PLUTO => Mk2Vista
    6. ESTOC => Mk2PlasmaThruster
    8. M2X.AtomicJet => Mk2ThermalTurbojet
    10. Mk2Turbojet => Mk2MagneticNozzle

[*]Fixed IFS not being added to some tanks

[*]Liquid Tritium is now 10% volume and does not require cryogenic power.

[*]Liquid Helium 3 is now 10% volume and does not require cryogenic power.

[*]Miscellaneous edits to the fuel config to make it a bit more efficient to read & run

[removed link to defunct website]

Hi ABZB, I just installed your beautiful mod, was waiting for MK3 parts, but whenever I try to launch KSP, the loading freeze at the MM, that found 28 errors related to GameData/StarLionIndustries/MK2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tank.cfg

Is this an issue of mine or there is a typo somewhere?

Hi ABZB, I just installed your beautiful mod, was waiting for MK3 parts, but whenever I try to launch KSP, the loading freeze at the MM, that found 28 errors related to GameData/StarLionIndustries/MK2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tank.cfg

Is this an issue of mine or there is a typo somewhere?

Could you copy & paste one of those error lines? the number makes it sound like their is a single thing happening to each part it tries to modify.

Can I also confirm that you have version 2.5? I'll see if I have similar on my end.

Do you have either ModularFuelTanks or RealFuels installed? The patch should play nicely with them, but it is possible that there is an error in one of the NEEDS[] blocks that is not triggered in my game.

Edited by ABZB

There is no lines to copy, it happens during the KSP loading, I copied the single line appeared near the MM patches loading, the the loading freeze. Maybe I can open the debug console. Btw, I have 2.5 version, no MFT or Real Fuels installed.

EDIT: ok, that's really weird. In the debug console, appears those two exception:

LOG:PartLoader Part

"Interstellar FuelSwitch/Parts/InterstellarGasTank/InterstellargasTank-PB-Stack/InterstellarGasTank_PB-Stack"

Exception: Argument out of Range Exception. Argument is out of range. Parametername: index

InterstellarFuelSwitch OnStart loaded persistent selected Tank Setup=-1

Exception: Argument Out of Range Exception. Argument is Out of range.

Parameter name: index

If I remove the Starlion folder it works properly.

Edited by Nansuchao

There is no lines to copy, it happens during the KSP loading, I copied the single line appeared near the MM patches loading, the the loading freeze. Maybe I can open the debug console. Btw, I have 2.5 version, no MFT or Real Fuels installed.

EDIT: ok, that's really weird. In the debug console, appears those two exception:

LOG:PartLoader Part

"Interstellar FuelSwitch/Parts/InterstellarGasTank/InterstellargasTank-PB-Stack/InterstellarGasTank_PB-Stack"

Exception: Argument out of Range Exception. Argument is out of range. Parametername: index

InterstellarFuelSwitch OnStart loaded persistent selected Tank Setup=-1

Exception: Argument Out of Range Exception. Argument is Out of range.

Parameter name: index

If I remove the Starlion folder it works properly.

OK, that helped. The patch that puts in LiquidFuel instead of Kerosene was hitting every part with IFS, not just the ones I had modified. This is fixed as of V 2.6, to be uploaded within a few minutes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.