Starlion Industries - KSPI & IFS Compatibility Patches for Fueltanks, Spaceplanes, & more [CKAN]

ABZB

What would you like to see next?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see next?

• Add Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives as well as other miscellaneous KSPI parts (will take quite some time, need to learn modeling first)
    • Fix unbalanced parts, etc. (please comment what & why)
    • Integrate other part-packs with KSPI (please suggest which one(s))
    • Other

I have 30 module manager errors when starting the game. I started it twice and both times I had 30 errors, no Heisenbug for me.

what errors are you getting? if you open up ksp.log (in the same file as the exe), and ctrl+F for 'error' a few times, you should get to the lines where it says the error with some MM action. 30 sounds like two problems per part, so if you could copy and paste one example each of the two errors, that would be good.

thanks!

what errors are you getting? if you open up ksp.log (in the same file as the exe), and ctrl+F for 'error' a few times, you should get to the lines where it says the error with some MM action. 30 sounds like two problems per part, so if you could copy and paste one example each of the two errors, that would be good.

thanks!

http://pastebin.com/bQWcg0cT

It looks like most are unique. I just have alot of liquid fuel tanks :D

Version 2.7 is up:

• Fixed issue with non-RF tank
  • Added ArgonGas & XenonGas to the tank options (inserted in alphabetical order).
  • Integrated 01010101lzy's RF patch, with his permission.

Ahh i just missed the last update. I also noticed that since the mod now allows adding additional fuel types to the wings a fuel crossflow module might be needed to be included to allow fuels that don't draw from the entire ship to function properly. FreeThinker has this section in his balloon tanks for example.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}

Ahh i just missed the last update. I also noticed that since the mod now allows adding additional fuel types to the wings a fuel crossflow module might be needed to be included to allow fuels that don't draw from the entire ship to function properly. FreeThinker has this section in his balloon tanks for example.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}

oooooh - I had assumed that they had a MM to add it to all fuel tanks - turns out it only hits a specific list (just peeked in the folder. will change now.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Mk2 Integration is now on CKAN! (keep in mind that it can be several minutes or so before CKAN grabs a new version after I upload a new version).

- - - Updated - - -

Version 3.0

- Added a tank option set that applies when only InterstellarFuelSwitch is installed, it has: LFO, LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant, & XenonGas options.

- Added ModuleCrossFeed to all the parts so modded, in order to allow use of fuel from the wing-parts

Just installed the mk2 kspi-e integration package and I get a message that there is an updated interstaller fuel switch. The one included in the mod is .14 and there is a .15 available from the kspi-e page. Is it safe to update or must I use the .14 version included in the in your integration pack.

This is a recurring issue I seem to have with a number of mods now.

I get 28 errors with the intersteller fuel switch that comes with this mod. I looked at the first post and there are no installation instructions so I don't know if ...

- completely replace it (which causes warnings upon loading that there is a newer version), or

- I am suppose to copy over the interstellarfuelswitch included with kspi-e, or

- if I can just install the latest version???

Also, with modmanager it is sometimes necessary to remove the cache files and start fresh or there can be conflicts when existing cached bits get changed by an updated mod or so it seems. I am not familiar with ksp mod programming and I apparently played hooky for all my classes in - omnipotence 101 (smile).

UPDATE:

So I pulled the IFS mod from the extension and replaced it with the updated .15 version and now the game will not load. It hangs in the late modulemanager process. This is why mods that include other mods that I might already have installed kind of makes me nuts. I had to then delete the MM cache and try to load again which also failed.

Fortunately, I have bounced off this wall before and I always make a copy of my current running game before updating anything so I was able to roll back to the version of kspi-e before I installed the mk2 expanision and this mod.

However, I would like to know if there is a proper installation order so that I can try to install it again.

Thanks,

RM

Edited by ctbram

Notice that I replaced the RCSController in the kspi RCS parts by the new ElectricRCSController which allows you to switch to most of KSPI propellants. All RCS also make use of ModuleRCSFX, allowing you to fine tune it's performance and whivh supposedly fixed serval stock RCS issues

Sorry to sound like a broken record but the 30 MM errors still appear when I launch the game. See the log details below.

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_Engines/@PART[M2X_IonEngine]:FINAL to Mk2Expansion/Parts/Engines/IonEngine/part/M2X_IonEngine

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],#LFamount
[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Radial-deprecated/TPtankR01-Red/TPtankR01-LF

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key resourceAmounts = #$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../ArgonAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../He3Amount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../H3Amount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../XenonAmount$;0

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART
[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Radial-deprecated/TPtankR02-Red/TPtankR02-LF

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key resourceAmounts = #$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../ArgonAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../He3Amount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../H3Amount$;$/../RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$;$/../XenonAmount$;0

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Radial-deprecated/TPtankR03-Red/TPtankR03-LF

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1mL00938-Nuke/TPtank1mL00938-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1mL01875-Nuke/TPtank1mL01875-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1mL03750-Nuke/TPtank1mL03750-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size2/TPtank2mL01875-Nuke/TPtank2mL01875-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size2/TPtank2mL03750-Nuke/TPtank2mL03750-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size2/TPtank2mL07500-Nuke/TPtank2mL07500-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size3/TPtank3mL03750-Nuke/TPtank3mL03750-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to KAX/Parts/KAX_medJetFuel/KAX_medJetFuel/KAXmedJetFuel

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4enginenacelle-25-1/mk4enginenacelle-25-1

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4enginenacelle-25-2/mk4enginenacelle-25-2

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4pod-1/mk4pod-1

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4pod-2/mk4pod-2

[*]]:FINAL to Mk2Expansion/Parts/Aero/AdapterIntake/part/mk2_InlineIntake

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/airlinerWings/MainWing/airlinerMainWing

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/noseConeAdapter/noseConeAdapter

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/engineNacelle/engineBodyRadial/radialEngineBody

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/engineNacelle/engineNacelle/nacelleBody

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/delta/wingShuttleDelta

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/strake/wingShuttleStrake

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageLong/L_long/mk2Fuselage

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/L_short/mk2FuselageShortLiquid

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_100/mk3FuselageLF_100

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_25/mk3FuselageLF_25

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_50/mk3FuselageLF_50

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Fuselage/MK1Fuselage

[*]]:FINAL to WarpPlugin/Parts/FuelTank/LiquidOnlyFuelTanks/25PureLiquidTank/25PureLiquidTank

[*]]:FINAL to WarpPlugin/Parts/FuelTank/LiquidOnlyFuelTanks/375PureLiquidTank/375PureLiquidTank

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[RealFuels|ModularFuelTanks]:FINAL to ChopShop/Propulsion/LTS/bottom_tank/LTS2_bottom

Also Modular Fuel Tanks integration may need a second look. I am getting multiple fuel types on my Mk2 liquid tanks on versions 2.7 and higher.

Edited by Trolllception

Sorry to sound like a broken record but the 30 MM errors still appear when I launch the game. See the log details below.

[ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_Engines/@PART[M2X_IonEngine]:FINAL to Mk2Expansion/Parts/Engines/IonEngine/part/M2X_IonEngine

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Radial-deprecated/TPtankR01-Red/TPtankR01-LF

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Radial-deprecated/TPtankR02-Red/TPtankR02-LF

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Radial-deprecated/TPtankR03-Red/TPtankR03-LF

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1mL00938-Nuke/TPtank1mL00938-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1mL01875-Nuke/TPtank1mL01875-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1mL03750-Nuke/TPtank1mL03750-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size2/TPtank2mL01875-Nuke/TPtank2mL01875-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size2/TPtank2mL03750-Nuke/TPtank2mL03750-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size2/TPtank2mL07500-Nuke/TPtank2mL07500-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to FuelTanksPlus/Size3/TPtank3mL03750-Nuke/TPtank3mL03750-Nuke

[*]]:FINAL to KAX/Parts/KAX_medJetFuel/KAX_medJetFuel/KAXmedJetFuel

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4enginenacelle-25-1/mk4enginenacelle-25-1

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4enginenacelle-25-2/mk4enginenacelle-25-2

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4pod-1/mk4pod-1

[*]]:FINAL to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4pod-2/mk4pod-2

[*]]:FINAL to Mk2Expansion/Parts/Aero/AdapterIntake/part/mk2_InlineIntake

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/airlinerWings/MainWing/airlinerMainWing

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/noseConeAdapter/noseConeAdapter

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/engineNacelle/engineBodyRadial/radialEngineBody

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/engineNacelle/engineNacelle/nacelleBody

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/delta/wingShuttleDelta

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/strake/wingShuttleStrake

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageLong/L_long/mk2Fuselage

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/L_short/mk2FuselageShortLiquid

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_100/mk3FuselageLF_100

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_25/mk3FuselageLF_25

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_50/mk3FuselageLF_50

[*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Fuselage/MK1Fuselage

[*]]:FINAL to WarpPlugin/Parts/FuelTank/LiquidOnlyFuelTanks/25PureLiquidTank/25PureLiquidTank

[*]]:FINAL to WarpPlugin/Parts/FuelTank/LiquidOnlyFuelTanks/375PureLiquidTank/375PureLiquidTank

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[RealFuels|ModularFuelTanks]:FINAL to ChopShop/Propulsion/LTS/bottom_tank/LTS2_bottom

Also Modular Fuel Tanks integration may need a second look. I am getting multiple fuel types on my Mk2 liquid tanks on versions 2.7 and higher.

ok. are you running modular fuel tanks, or real fuels at the moment?

- - - Updated - - -

Just installed the mk2 kspi-e integration package and I get a message that there is an updated interstaller fuel switch. The one included in the mod is .14 and there is a .15 available from the kspi-e page. Is it safe to update or must I use the .14 version included in the in your integration pack.

This is a recurring issue I seem to have with a number of mods now.

I get 28 errors with the intersteller fuel switch that comes with this mod. I looked at the first post and there are no installation instructions so I don't know if ...

- completely replace it (which causes warnings upon loading that there is a newer version), or

- I am suppose to copy over the interstellarfuelswitch included with kspi-e, or

- if I can just install the latest version???

Also, with modmanager it is sometimes necessary to remove the cache files and start fresh or there can be conflicts when existing cached bits get changed by an updated mod or so it seems. I am not familiar with ksp mod programming and I apparently played hooky for all my classes in - omnipotence 101 (smile).

UPDATE:

So I pulled the IFS mod from the extension and replaced it with the updated .15 version and now the game will not load. It hangs in the late modulemanager process. This is why mods that include other mods that I might already have installed kind of makes me nuts. I had to then delete the MM cache and try to load again which also failed.

Fortunately, I have bounced off this wall before and I always make a copy of my current running game before updating anything so I was able to roll back to the version of kspi-e before I installed the mk2 expanision and this mod.

However, I would like to know if there is a proper installation order so that I can try to install it again.

Thanks,

RM

If you are updating from a very old version, it might be better to delete the old folder. since version 2.0 or so, any updates made have at least all of the files in the previous version, so an overwrite should be no problem. I *would* recommend using CKAN if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice that I replaced the RCSController in the kspi RCS parts by the new ElectricRCSController which allows you to switch to most of KSPI propellants. All RCS also make use of ModuleRCSFX, allowing you to fine tune it's performance and whivh supposedly fixed serval stock RCS issues

Thanks, added.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 3.1

Updated KSPI RCS Module cfg with the newly released features. It now supports an unpowered (i.e. stock) mode, as well as the MJ-consuming one.

KSPI RCS now also supports many more fuels - including IntakeAtm, quite usefully for spaceplanes :)

Fixed problem with fuel switch cfg. (It seems that I performed an unwise Ctrl+replace-all)

ok. are you running modular fuel tanks, or real fuels at the moment?

I am running Modular Fuel Tanks since I was able to add the mod into my career with little fuss. The way it's operating in 3.1 is perfect. It completely replaces the fuel types (for liquid tanks) from ModularFuelTanks with higher capacity Interstellar fuel switch fuels. The Mk2 Short and Long liquid fuel fuselages only hold 400L and 800L fuel respectively with only ModularFuelTanks. With your mod they hold 3600 and 7200L which is in line with the Insterstellar fuel tanks and in like with other compressed fuel types. If I want regular capacity I can use the rocket fuel fuselages and swap the fuel types for whatever using ModularFuelTanks. So everything is back to normal now for my capacities.

The additional RCS fuel types is a great addition! I really like the powered on/off idea that both you and FreeThinker are using.

On a side note I've progressed back to having FAR + DRE installed so i'll see if there are any issues with part temperatures that may need to be adjusted using the leaveTemp fields. KSPI seems to be fairly well defended against DeadlyReentry's part temperature changes due to the use of the WasteHeat mechanic.

The 30 module manager errors continue to pop up when loading the game but they don't really seem to be effecting functionality sooo..

Edited by Trolllception

About the errors, they seems to appear just on new update. In the last few days you and FreeThinker are releasing a lot of new version. If I upgrade, MM tell me about 15 errors, on the second loading, nothing wrong...

Btw, this mod works very well...

I think the reason the module manager errors appear to go away is because Module Manager is loading the cache instead of recreating it.

I see that now. Well, if everything is working, I'm just going to shrug for now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am running Modular Fuel Tanks since I was able to add the mod into my career with little fuss. The way it's operating in 3.1 is perfect. It completely replaces the fuel types (for liquid tanks) from ModularFuelTanks with higher capacity Interstellar fuel switch fuels. The Mk2 Short and Long liquid fuel fuselages only hold 400L and 800L fuel respectively with only ModularFuelTanks. With your mod they hold 3600 and 7200L which is in line with the Insterstellar fuel tanks and in like with other compressed fuel types. If I want regular capacity I can use the rocket fuel fuselages and swap the fuel types for whatever using ModularFuelTanks. So everything is back to normal now for my capacities.

Good - that is my intent.

The additional RCS fuel types is a great addition! I really like the powered on/off idea that both you and FreeThinker are using.

Not my credit - I am just copy-pasting his stuff into an appropriate MM node.

On a side note I've progressed back to having FAR + DRE installed so i'll see if there are any issues with part temperatures that may need to be adjusted using the leaveTemp fields. KSPI seems to be fairly well defended against DeadlyReentry's part temperature changes due to the use of the WasteHeat mechanic.

Hmmm - maybe I'll go back to them myself, then.

V 3.2

- switched Tritium & Helium-3 back to full tank amount, having confirmed that there no longer seems to be an issue of the negative part price bug if launched empty.

- Finally located & fixed MM errors that occur when RealFuels is not installed.

Found bugs in quite a few parts that the patches in the Mk2 Extention KSPI integration works with.

I've posted fixes below the description for each one. Use them however you want, no need to give credit unless you want to.

All the powered RCS thrusters spit NullReferenceErrors when clicked in the VAB, and stop when you discard them.

Here's the specific error from output_log.txt :

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Single.ToString (System.String format, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Single.ToString (System.String format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at FNPlugin.ElectricRCSController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Found the problem, KSPI changed "ModuleRCSFX" to "FNModuleRCSFX" because they integrated the RCSFX plugin into the base KSPI plugin, and changed the name to avoid messing with other parts that use the "standard" RCSFX module.

Good thing all those RCS parts only use one patch file.

Here's the new version of the RCS thruster patch. Didn't change much, just the name of a part module.

@PART[mk2*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRCS*]]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]:FIRST
{
@title ^= :$: [Multi-Mode Electric]
@mass *= 2
@MODULE[ModuleRCS*]
{
@name = FNModuleRCSFX //change to FX if/when it is fixed
@thrusterPower *= 2.0
@resourceName = Hydrazine
}
MODULE
{
name = ElectricRCSController
type = 16 // Propellant category
baseThrust = #$/../MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]/thrusterPower$ // Maximum Base thrust for Hydrogen
efficency = 0.8 // Power Efficency
partMass = #$/../mass$ // mass visible in the VAB
minIsp = 272 // Max unpowered Isp for Hydrogen
maxIsp = 544 // Max powered Isp for Hydrogen
}
}

I also found a few bugs with the part of the engine patch that converts the ESTOC engine into a plasma thruster:

As far as I can tell, all the errors are due to the fact that it was originally a multi-mode engine, and that means it needs to be treated slightly differently than a more ordinary engine's config.

Multi-mode engines actually have two separate engine modules in them, and then a third module that switches between them.

The first issue is that you didn't get rid of the mode-switching module. The second issue is that you didn't remove at least one of the engine modules.

In combination, these two errors result in one error in the debug log, a right-click menu that has buttons that do nothing, and an action-group setup menu that has several duplicate entries which makes it quite confusing.

The good news is that I can fix the problems with this engine.

Here's what I've got. It removes the mode switching module, removes ALL the engine modules, then adds in the correct engine module. I could probably have made it delete the first engine module and modify the second one, but this way should work no matter how many engine modules are in the part.

Patch:

//Plasma Thruster
@PART[ESTOC]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]:FIRST
{
@name = Mk2PlasmaThruster
@cost = 8000
@mass = 1
@TechRequired = plasmaPropulsion
@title = WYGC-4 "Buster" Plasma Thruster
@description = A larger and more efficient cousin of the ion engine, it is best not to attempt to power this engine with witchcraft and instead opt for a very large electric generator.

!EFFECTS{}
!MODULE[MultiModeEngine]{}
!MODULE[ModuleEngines*,*]{}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEnginesFX
engineID = PlasmaThruster
EngineType = Electric
maxThrust = 80.5
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdHydrogen
ratio = 1
DrawGauge = True
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 11213
}
}

EFFECTS
{
electric_qvp
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = WarpPlugin/FX/interstellarQVPExhaust
transformName = thrustTransform
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.05
emission = 0.075 0.1
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
electric_red
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = WarpPlugin/FX/interstellarLithiumExhaust
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.05
emission = 0.075 0.1
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
electric_argon
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = WarpPlugin/FX/interstellarArgonExhaust
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.05
emission = 0.075 0.1
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
electric_xenon
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = WarpPlugin/FX/interstellarXenonExhaust
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.05
emission = 0.075 0.1
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
electric_hydrogen
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = WarpPlugin/FX/interstellarHydrogenExhaust
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.05
emission = 0.075 0.1
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
electric_ammonia
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = WarpPlugin/FX/interstellarAmmoniaExhaust
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.05
emission = 0.075 0.1
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleGimbal
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
gimbalRange = 1
}
!MODULE[KM_Gimbal_3]{}
!MODULE[ModuleAlternator]{}
!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]{}

RESOURCE
{
name = WasteHeat
amount = 0
maxAmount = 174274
}

MODULE
{
name = ElectricEngineControllerFX
originalName = Magnetoplasmadynamic
upgradedName = Quantum Vacuum
maxPower = 21784.23
upgradeCost = 200
baseISP = 2956
exitArea = 0.6672
gearsTechReq = advEMSystems
upgradeTechReq = specializedPlasmaGeneration
type = 1
upgradedtype = 8
powerThrustMultiplier = 1
ispGears = 1
}
!MODULE[ModuleSurfaceFX]{}
}

Also, some suggestions and critiques:

The electrical generator parts are very long compared to the 1.25m ones from KSPI Extended. If they were half as long as they are, that would work much better. This can be done by messing with the various scale factors in the MODEL{} section of that part's config.

There is no Antimatter reactor. There's an Antimatter-initiated-fusion reactor, but that's not the same. Antimatter reactors put out MUCH more power than any of the existing Mk2 reactor types. Example: the 1.25m antimatter reactor puts out 5GW standard, 15GW upgraded.

There is no Mk2 antimatter storage tank.

There are no intake pre-coolers in Mk2 form-factor. This makes the Mk2 Expansion intakes not very useful for spaceplanes, because there's no easy way to squeeze a pre-cooler in there without making it look like it was strapped-on as an afterthought.

Parts that have a pre-cooler module shouldn't be able to hold resources. The pre-cooler machinery takes up any space where propellant could have gone.

Not all wings have radiator modules in them, and the radiator modules that are there, don't have enough power dissipation to cope with any of the reactors included.

Some of the parts that have resource switching in them, aren't able to switch between all the KSPI resources, just between LF/LFO/Structural (Mk2 bi-coupler, others).

Found bugs in quite a few parts...

Thank you!

Fixed:

• RCS fixed
  • ESTOC thank you for finding this: I *had* put in the appropriate nodes for that... in the wrong part cfg
  • Pre-cooler: was happening because my mod was seeing the stock part's liquidfuel before the KSPI patch removed it. It now removes the IFS and resources from any part with a pre-cooler
  • Wing Radiators: This seems to be due to the way I was searching for wings (and excluding lifting bodies). Now it searches for parts with one of the lift modules, and has 'bulkheadProfiles = srf'. The wings are not meant to be sufficient on their own as a radiator - just as a supplement. They *are* useful on their own early in career mode, with the lowest-end fission reactor capable of spaceplane useage, before the high-end radiators are unlocked.
  • My fuelswitch patch targeted parts LiquidFuel with no fuelswitchmodule at all (it removes MFT or RF from those parts). It now will also overwrite the parts with a fuelswitch patch from mk2-E 's own patch [by editing them first ;)].

To be done:

1. Generator length: the parts are supposed to be more-or-less 1.561 scale. I will measure the length vs a closely scaled generator with PP and adjust accordingly.
  2. Antimatter Reactor: Yeah - kind of forgot about that. will be added.
  3. Mk2 antimatter storage tank: Will Do.
  4. Mk2 form-factor Pre-cooler: A genius you are. Every time I build a plane I think that, somehow managed to not think 'hey, I can fix that!'

- - - Updated - - -

Version 3.3 with the above fixes is now up.

Version 3.4

• Added Mk2 antimatter storage tank
  • Added Antimatter Reactor
  • Added Mk2 form-factor Pre-cooler
  • CP Generator shortened to 60% of length to match cylindrical CP generator (TP generator length matches to a difference of 0, +/- 0.0625 meters
  • Fixed new? issue with the Thermal Turbojet (Enriched Uranium resource still being added for some reason when RF is installed)

That was fast :)

Thanks a bunch, now my spaceplanes can look like spaceplanes, instead of a bundle of sticks!

EDIT: Hey, you even caught the error I had in my RCS patch fix. Well, I mean, of course you did, but I didn't catch it until just a few minutes ago myself, so...

EDIT 2:

Okay, so slight issue with the Mk2 Pre-cooler. Textures are flat white.

Untested fix:

+PART[mk2UST]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]:FIRST
{
@name = M2X_PreCooler
@mass += 0.05
@TechRequired = supersonicFlight
@cost = 750
@category = Aero
@title = Mk2 Pre-Cooler
@description = A magnificent piece of engineering that pre-cools the air flow from atmospheric engines, preventing overheating at high speeds.
MODULE
{
name = FNModulePreecooler
}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}

@MODEL
{
@texture = Squad/Parts/Aero/engineNacelle/Nacelle
}
}

All that does is change the texture definition to the right format.

Oh, and it puts it in the Aerodynamic category as well (no wonder it took me so long to find it).

Also, the standard pre-coolers are getting cryo boil-off modules added to them for no reason. Not sure why, probably a remnant from when they were getting picked up by the patch that was adding fuel to them.

EDIT (again):

The fix for the pre-cooler textures didn't work. I'm sure that's exactly where the problem is, but I can't seem to make that texture work on that part.

Edited by SciMan

That was fast :)

Thanks a bunch, now my spaceplanes can look like spaceplanes, instead of a bundle of sticks!

EDIT: Hey, you even caught the error I had in my RCS patch fix. Well, I mean, of course you did, but I didn't catch it until just a few minutes ago myself, so...

EDIT 2:

Okay, so slight issue with the Mk2 Pre-cooler. Textures are flat white.

Untested fix:

+PART[mk2UST]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]:FIRST
{
@name = M2X_PreCooler
@mass += 0.05
@TechRequired = supersonicFlight
@cost = 750
@category = Aero
@title = Mk2 Pre-Cooler
@description = A magnificent piece of engineering that pre-cools the air flow from atmospheric engines, preventing overheating at high speeds.
MODULE
{
name = FNModulePreecooler
}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}
!RESOURCE
[*]{}

@MODEL
{
@texture = Squad/Parts/Aero/engineNacelle/Nacelle
}
}

All that does is change the texture definition to the right format.

Oh, and it puts it in the Aerodynamic category as well (no wonder it took me so long to find it).

Also, the standard pre-coolers are getting cryo boil-off modules added to them for no reason. Not sure why, probably a remnant from when they were getting picked up by the patch that was adding fuel to them.

EDIT (again):

The fix for the pre-cooler textures didn't work. I'm sure that's exactly where the problem is, but I can't seem to make that texture work on that part.

Ah, yeah the texture thing didn't work - meant to remove it before uploading, but I was sleepy:confused:. I think I will just leave it with the regular texture until I figure this out.

Ah - right now the standard pre-coolers are having the fuel stripped out of them... I guess after they have the IFS patch applied. I'll fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 3.5 with those fixes will be uploaded within a few minutes (of 8:56 @gmt -5)

I get an MM error in mk2_kspi_fuel_tanks.cfg It doesn't say what the error is though.

[LOG 22:43:48.231] [ModuleManager] Applying node WarpPlugin/Patches/RemoteTechFix/@PART[computerCore]:FINAL to WarpPlugin/Parts/Command/computerCore/part/computerCore

[LOG 22:43:49.040] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 17512 patches applied, found 1 error

1 error related to GameData/StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks.cfg

[LOG 22:43:49.041] [ModuleManager] Reloading ressources definitions

[LOG 22:43:49.046] Resource RESOURCE_DEFINITION added to database

I get an MM error in mk2_kspi_fuel_tanks.cfg It doesn't say what the error is though.

ctrl+f for 'GameData/StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks.cfg' - somewhere in the file, before that summary, it will have a more detailed description, when the error occurs. in particular, it will say which node inside of the file threw the error.

Took some time to find the entry. The log didn't have the gamedata part of the directory or the .cfg, as you can see.

[LOG 23:49:26.663] [ModuleManager] Applying node StarLionIndustries/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks/@PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[interstellarFuelSwitch],#LFamount

[*]] to OPT/Parts/wings/wing_a/opt_wing_a

[LOG 23:49:26.666] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key resourceAmounts = #$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../ArgonAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia]/maxAmount$;$/../XenonAmount$;0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.