Starlion Industries - KSPI & IFS Compatibility Patches for Fueltanks, Spaceplanes, & more [CKAN]

ABZB

What would you like to see next?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see next?

• Add Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives as well as other miscellaneous KSPI parts (will take quite some time, need to learn modeling first)
    • Fix unbalanced parts, etc. (please comment what & why)
    • Integrate other part-packs with KSPI (please suggest which one(s))
    • Other

Version 7.0.0 SuperGiant Panthera leo for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4

Added first wave of MK3 Expanded integration.

File structure changed, delete old folder before installing.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be helpfull is the first page would contain a few tables with all reactors with their specs. This would give people a better overview of all new parts and their performance. The same tables could also be used for rebalancing.

Good Idea.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be awesome if this mod could be made compatible with the VAB Thermal Helper, otherwise it's way too annoying trying to figure out how much power your getting from the reactors

What is not working?

The VAB Thermal Helper, you know the only addon that actually tells you how much power your Reactor will produce, kind of defeats the purpose of a reactor if you can't tell how much power it's going to produce.

And i just got this message trying to fire up the newest update;

552 errors related to GameData/StarLionIndustries/MK2Extended_KSPI_Integration/mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks.cfg

Edited by PowWowKen

I really like this mod, and have been using it for some time now. i really appreciate the rapid iterations that you have been doing to make KSPI space planes a reality.

That said, with the latest couple of releases I get 246 MM errors on loading, and then game loading freezes before finishing the loading process. I have KSPI installed but not RF.

Thanks again for your efforts, and I hope to be flying some nuclear spaceplanes again soon!

Yes, I like it as well, he is doing the things I'm not allowed to, due to scope constrains of KSPI. ABZB on the other hand is free to do whatever he can imagine (within reason), and integrate KSPI-E with the rest of KSP. This allows me to focus on adding more feature and improve existing ones. :cool:

Edited by FreeThinker

I really like this mod, and have been using it for some time now. i really appreciate the rapid iterations that you have been doing to make KSPI space planes a reality.

That said, with the latest couple of releases I get 246 MM errors on loading, and then game loading freezes before finishing the loading process. I have KSPI installed but not RF.

Thanks again for your efforts, and I hope to be flying some nuclear spaceplanes again soon!

I seem to have found the error, update 8.0.0 is posted

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I like it as well, he is doing the things I'm not allowed to, due to scope constrains of KSPI. ABZB on the other hand is free to do whatever he can imagine (within reason), and integrate KSPI-E with the rest of KSP. This allows me to focus on adding more feature and improve existing ones. :cool:

awww, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

The VAB Thermal Helper, you know the only addon that actually tells you how much power your Reactor will produce, kind of defeats the purpose of a reactor if you can't tell how much power it's going to produce.

Is it not working at all, or showing incorrect values? I believe that there are ongoing issues with it that lie in the code of the mod, not in the reactor cfgs WRT the VAB stuff not displaying the fully upgraded version stats. I intend to create a table with the stats of all my mk2 reactors for general use.

Edited by ABZB

Version 8.1.0 Neutron Panthera pardus

• changed entry costs to 4000 (assuming also unlock 'base' reactors, 4000 is mk2 'shape conversion' cost.
  • minor changes to fusion and Pebble bed/dusty plasma reactors to reflect fixed typo/KSPI change (buffed somewhat).
  • moved thermal turbojet to correct tech tree node
  • changed thermal turbojet thrust multiplier to 1 (reflect KSPI change)

Btw, I did some reviewing of your electric generators, and it appears they are much too light compared to KSPI electric generators (which I have increased in mass but forgot to mention). in KSPI-E the 2.5m Thermal Electric engine has a mass of 5 ton while the 2.5m Direct energy converter has a mass of 3 ton.

Version 8.1.0 already? Aren't you going a little to fast with your version numbers? :D

I've been bumping up a major number every time I change the file structure and make the new version impossible to just install over the old one, or alter configs in a ship=breaking manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I did some reviewing of your electric generators, and it appears they are much too light compared to KSPI electric generators (which I have increased in mass but forgot to mention). in KSPI-E the 2.5m Thermal Electric engine has a mass of 5 ton while the 2.5m Direct energy converter has a mass of 3 ton.

8.1.1: Neutron Neofelis nebulosa

- slightly increased mass of generators

It says something about the Mk2 inline reactor.

• When is the error message being displayed?
  • Could you copy+paste it, or take a screencap & upload it?
  • Do you have RealFuels installed?
  • Do you have ModularFuelTanks installed?
  • Do you have NearFuture Electrical installed?

Mk2 Expansion just updated, not sure if that makes any differences as far as these patches, but I thought I'd post it in case you hadn't heard yet.

yes. practical difference is that his included patches now have NEEDS to avoid conflicts with this.

Cool. KSPI-E also just updated to v1.5.6.

It made a few changes to the self-contained nuclear jet engine (can now be used dual-mode after unlocking a certain TechTree node).

Also stuff like they got rid of the soot modifier on LiquidFuel.

More stuff in the changelog over there.

Cool. KSPI-E also just updated to v1.5.6.

It made a few changes to the self-contained nuclear jet engine (can now be used dual-mode after unlocking a certain TechTree node).

Also stuff like they got rid of the soot modifier on LiquidFuel.

More stuff in the changelog over there.

Beside that, there is also a new field that unlocks LFO afterburner. By default in will be deactive

8.2.0: Neutron Panthera tigris

- Thermal TurboJet: mass raised to 1.773 & LFO use set to True

- Lightbulb stats & reactortype tweaked

- various new KSPI module fields now utilized (such as LFO mode unlocked further down the tech tree).

Notice in the next release, Interstellar Fuel Tanks lose the ability to store Liquid Helium (Helium 4) . They do not make a lot of sense, as propellant like Hydrazine deliver about the same Isp, but are much denser and give much more thrust.

New calculations also shows power consumption is insane. Trying to keep something close to absolute zero is very expansive and difficult (cost additional mass to keep them cool). People should use cryo tanks for this purpose

Edited by FreeThinker

Good call on He4 not being storable in anything but cryo tanks.

However, I only partially agree with the decision to get rid of Helium as a propellant entirely.

On the one hand, Helium doesn't make a particularly good propellant for thermal propulsion.

On the other hand, it makes an excellent propellant for an MPDT (aka plasma thruster).

According to the Atomic Rockets engine list, an MPDT with Helium propellant can reach a theoretical maximum of 32,008s ISP.

Additionally, some fusion reactions already produce Helium-4 as "fusion ash".

That means a ship using a plasma thruster powered by a fusion reactor could get double use out of its fusion fuel (fuel, then reaction mass).

Well I agree Helium could be useful, it is especially useful on interstellar and deep space mission to the Gas planets where you can easily refuel the tanks from the atmosphere and storage cost no longer is any issue. Also as you mentioned they are useful to collect the ash or reactors, but this only becomes relevant on interstellar mission there the amount of time you run the fusion reactor is long enough to produce any noticeable amount of Helium. I just don't think Helium4 should be on every fuel tank, just a select few.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.