Starlion Industries - KSPI & IFS Compatibility Patches for Fueltanks, Spaceplanes, & more [CKAN]

ABZB

What would you like to see next?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see next?

• Add Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives as well as other miscellaneous KSPI parts (will take quite some time, need to learn modeling first)
    • Fix unbalanced parts, etc. (please comment what & why)
    • Integrate other part-packs with KSPI (please suggest which one(s))
    • Other

Perfectly Ultimate Great Dwarf Lynx? How do you come up with these weaky names?

I made a page in the excel book that I use for the various calculations for this mod, which makes heavy use of the concatenate function, a handful cells of cat species latin genus/species names, and some with other terms. each version number is entered in a new cell, and and the corresponding concatenate cell sticks the number with the corresponding combo. basically its [adjective (for further down the list, allows recursion of names][category of star][cat name].

'Perfectly Ultimate Great' is because Yugioh!, the Abridged Series.

The lynx worked, and I was happy, then I noticed that none of my formerly working LFO tanks can now store LFO :( they are altered just like the LF tanks where to contain all those nifty new resources... but you know, I kinda need me some LFO fuel from time to time ;)

do you have Modular fuel tanks installed? I'll take a look.

EDIT:

Clarification needed:

Is this happening to all the parts?

Do the affected parts have the following description:

If you see this in-game, please let ABZB know what part you see this message on, as well as a list of your installed mods, on either Github or the forum thread (this message means that a mod-conflict happened, and was band-aided).

(if that is the case, I know what is happening, & I can fix it.

Edited by ABZB

do you have Modular fuel tanks installed? I'll take a look.

EDIT:

Clarification needed:

Is this happening to all the parts?

Do the affected parts have the following description:

If you see this in-game, please let ABZB know what part you see this message on, as well as a list of your installed mods, on either Github or the forum thread (this message means that a mod-conflict happened, and was band-aided).

(if that is the case, I know what is happening, & I can fix it.

No modular Fuel tanks, I did have Stock_Fuel_Switch-1.1 but I tried removing that, which did nothing...

It's happening to all formerly LFO tanks, oscar, orange and such.

No such description on the tanks.

I tried loading in sandbox, same issue.

A clarification, the tanks has the "option" LFO and LiquidFuel, but the resources in those modes are Kerosene and LqdMethane respectively :)

Sweets, it even works ;)

Only wish I still had my old choice of Oxidizer only tank... really useful for making my refueling-stations, one tank of oxidizer for multiple fuel variable-engine options.

ModuleManager: 8628 patches applied

^ nah, it won't break if I just add in one more mod, will it? ;)

Sweets, it even works ;)

Only wish I still had my old choice of Oxidizer only tank... really useful for making my refueling-stations, one tank of oxidizer for multiple fuel variable-engine options.

ModuleManager: 8628 patches applied

^ nah, it won't break if I just add in one more mod, will it? ;)

If having a pure-oxidizer is useful, I'll add it as an option for the non-RF tanks.

ABZB - when I posted about the 30 remaining errors, I was using your mod, KSPIE, and MFT. I see you've updated again, I'll update and test. Should be noted that my game worked despite the 30 errors however - even using ships that utilize your parts.

- - - Updated - - -

ABZB did you update the mod on CKAN? it's not showing an update yet. Still shows 8.3.1 as current.

ABZB - when I posted about the 30 remaining errors, I was using your mod, KSPIE, and MFT. I see you've updated again, I'll update and test. Should be noted that my game worked despite the 30 errors however - even using ships that utilize your parts.

- - - Updated - - -

ABZB did you update the mod on CKAN? it's not showing an update yet. Still shows 8.3.1 as current.

I don't actually submit it to CKAN, their server checks through KerbalStuff at some interval (I think around every 45 minutes or something) and updates their archive with what it sees. I just uploaded the newest update (with the pure-oxidizer tank). CKAN should update soon, hopefully, and we will see what, if anything works or not works for all.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, gonna say this now, I live on Long Island, so if we get hit by the hurricane, I might be out for a while. Even the nor'easter that will hit us Saturday might knock stuff out in any event. I will be unavailable on Monday & Tuesday in any case, due to the last days of the succot holiday.

Good luck for the hurricane.

A little suggestion, since many players use this mod in career, isn't so cute to change all the LiquidFuel/Oxidizer one player has in space with Liquid Ammonia. Potentially, without Hyperedit, this will broke entire savegames. It will be possible to set the stock propellant as default? I had to save more than a ship this way, maybe someone else was less lucky than me.

A little suggestion, since many players use this mod in career, isn't so cute to change all the LiquidFuel/Oxidizer one player has in space with Liquid Ammonia. Potentially, without Hyperedit, this will broke entire savegames. It will be possible to set the stock propellant as default? I had to save more than a ship this way, maybe someone else was less lucky than me.

Since ABZB is gone for the hurricane I fixed it for anyone who is interested.

Modify line 264 - 301 of \GameData\StarLionIndustries\Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration\InterstellarFuelSwitch\IFS_Expanded_Resources.cfg to the following:

//retains stock LiquidFuel & LFO if RealFuels (and therefor presumably not any RealEngine config pack) is not installed.

[COLOR=#b22222]// Msg from RenewableRocket:
// Altered Order so that LFO, LiquidFuel, and Oxidizer are first, then it's in alphabetical order,
// this was done to enable this mod being added to existing stock careers where the vessels most often have LFO tanks on current craft.
// I've retained the original lines , just in case... hope it helps those like me who refuse to use Hyperedit. enjoy.

[/COLOR]
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],#LionStatus[1]]:NEEDS[!RealFuels,WarpPlugin|CommunityResourcePack]
{
%LF = #$LFamount$
%Oxi = #$LFamount$

@LF *= .45
@Oxi *= .55
@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks]
{
//@resourceGui = Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Cryo);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);LFO;LiquidFuel;Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxidizer;Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas (Cryo);Structural
[COLOR=#b22222]@resourceGui = LFO;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Cryo);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas (Cryo);Structural[/COLOR]
//@resourceNames = LqdAmmonia;ArgonGas;LqdCO2;LqdCO;LqdDeuterium;LqdHelium;LqdHe3;Hexaborane;Hydrazine;LqdHydrogen;HTP;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;LqdMethane;LqdNitrogen;Oxidizer;LqdOxygen;LqdTritium;Water;XenonGas
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;LqdAmmonia;ArgonGas;LqdCO2;LqdCO;LqdDeuterium;LqdHelium;LqdHe3;Hexaborane;Hydrazine;LqdHydrogen;HTP;LqdMethane;LqdNitrogen;LqdOxygen;LqdTritium;Water;XenonGas
[/COLOR] //@resourceAmounts = #$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamount$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamount$;0
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceAmounts = #$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamount$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamount$;0[/COLOR]

%tankMass = 0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0
}

ArgonGasamountC = #$scalednineLF$
XenonGasamountC = #$scalednineLF$
@ArgonGasamountC *= 450
@XenonGasamountC *= 90

@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:NEEDS[!ModularFuelTanks]
{
//@resourceGui = Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Pressurized);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);LFO;LiquidFuel;Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxidizer;Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas(Pressurized);Structural
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceGui = LFO;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Pressurized);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas(Pressurized);Structural[/COLOR]
//@resourceNames = LqdAmmonia;ArgonGas;LqdCO2;LqdCO;LqdDeuterium;LqdHelium;LqdHe3;Hexaborane;Hydrazine;LqdHydrogen;HTP;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;LqdMethane;LqdNitrogen;Oxidizer;LqdOxygen;LqdTritium;Water;XenonGas
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;LqdAmmonia;ArgonGas;LqdCO2;LqdCO;LqdDeuterium;LqdHelium;LqdHe3;Hexaborane;Hydrazine;LqdHydrogen;HTP;LqdMethane;LqdNitrogen;LqdOxygen;LqdTritium;Water;XenonGas[/COLOR]
//@resourceAmounts = #$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamountC$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamountC$;0
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceAmounts = #$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamountC$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamountC$;0[/COLOR]
}
!MODULE[FNModuleCryostat]:HAS[@resourceName[XenonGas]]:NEEDS[!ModularFuelTanks]{}
!MODULE[FNModuleCryostat]:HAS[@resourceName[ArgonGas]]:NEEDS[!ModularFuelTanks]{}
}

Anyhow, the text in red is my added alterations for you, I only added the color so that it's easier to see the changes here on the forum, it's not meant to be red when applied in your IFS_Expanded_Resources.cfg

I agree the default should be liquidfuel/oxidiser. Notice I plan to add a new feauture to IFS which allows you to unlock more advanced propelant types with technology. This will allow you to unlock these advanced propellant only after reseaching more advanced techs.

Edited by FreeThinker

Sounds good Freethinker.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with this integration mod, but I can now make orange tanks that contain 500tons of Xenon... I dunno, but it feels like too much for that volume...

Not to mention Xenon is incredible expansive propellant and used compressed in gas form, cannot be stored in these tanks which are build to carry liquid fuel. There is are good reasons why I make a strict separation between Gas resources and Liquid resources in KSPI-E, which is realism and game balance

Edited by FreeThinker

Since ABZB is gone for the hurricane I fixed it for anyone who is interested.

Modify line 264 - 301 of \GameData\StarLionIndustries\Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration\InterstellarFuelSwitch\IFS_Expanded_Resources.cfg to the following:

//retains stock LiquidFuel & LFO if RealFuels (and therefor presumably not any RealEngine config pack) is not installed.

[COLOR=#b22222]// Msg from RenewableRocket:
// Altered Order so that LFO, LiquidFuel, and Oxidizer are first, then it's in alphabetical order,
// this was done to enable this mod being added to existing stock careers where the vessels most often have LFO tanks on current craft.
// I've retained the original lines , just in case... hope it helps those like me who refuse to use Hyperedit. enjoy.

[/COLOR]
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],#LionStatus[1]]:NEEDS[!RealFuels,WarpPlugin|CommunityResourcePack]
{
%LF = #$LFamount$
%Oxi = #$LFamount$

@LF *= .45
@Oxi *= .55
@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks]
{
//@resourceGui = Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Cryo);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);LFO;LiquidFuel;Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxidizer;Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas (Cryo);Structural
[COLOR=#b22222]@resourceGui = LFO;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Cryo);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas (Cryo);Structural[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;LqdAmmonia;ArgonGas;LqdCO2;LqdCO;LqdDeuterium;LqdHelium;LqdHe3;Hexaborane;Hydrazine;LqdHydrogen;HTP;LqdMethane;LqdNitrogen;LqdOxygen;LqdTritium;Water;XenonGas
[/COLOR] //@resourceAmounts = #$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamount$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamount$;0
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceAmounts = #$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamount$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamount$;0[/COLOR]

}

ArgonGasamountC = #$scalednineLF$
XenonGasamountC = #$scalednineLF$
@ArgonGasamountC *= 450
@XenonGasamountC *= 90

@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:NEEDS[!ModularFuelTanks]
{
//@resourceGui = Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Pressurized);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);LFO;LiquidFuel;Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxidizer;Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas(Pressurized);Structural
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceGui = LFO;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;Ammonia (Cryo);Argon Gas (Pressurized);Carbon Dioxide (Cryo);CarbonMonoxide (Cryo);Deuterium (Cryo);Helium (Cryo);Helium-3 (Cryo);Hexaborane;Hydrazine;Hydrogen (Cryo);Hydrogen Peroxide (Cryo);Methane (Cryo);Nitrogen (Cryo);Oxygen (Cryo);Tritium (Cryo);Water;Xenon Gas(Pressurized);Structural[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;LqdAmmonia;ArgonGas;LqdCO2;LqdCO;LqdDeuterium;LqdHelium;LqdHe3;Hexaborane;Hydrazine;LqdHydrogen;HTP;LqdMethane;LqdNitrogen;LqdOxygen;LqdTritium;Water;XenonGas[/COLOR]
//@resourceAmounts = #$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamountC$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../LFamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamountC$;0
[COLOR=#b22222] @resourceAmounts = #$/../LF$,$/../Oxi$;$/../LFamount$;$/../LFamount$;$/../ LqdAmmoniaamount$;$/../ArgonGasamountC$;$/../LqdCO2amount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../Hexaboraneamount$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../scalednineLF$;$/../XenonGasamountC$;0[/COLOR]
}
!MODULE[FNModuleCryostat]:HAS[@resourceName[XenonGas]]:NEEDS[!ModularFuelTanks]{}
!MODULE[FNModuleCryostat]:HAS[@resourceName[ArgonGas]]:NEEDS[!ModularFuelTanks]{}
}

Anyhow, the text in red is my added alterations for you, I only added the color so that it's easier to see the changes here on the forum, it's not meant to be red when applied in your IFS_Expanded_Resources.cfg

Thank you very much. I appreciate (and I don't think I'm the only one).

Noticed that the fuel tank patches step on any fuel tank that already has LF or LFO, and an IFS or FSFuelSwitch module in it.

The result is two IFS modules, or one IFS and one FSFuelSwitch module.

I'm sure this isn't intended behavior.

To replicate the bug, install this mod, KSPI-Extended (and dependencies), and "Modular Rocket System" by NecroBones.

Then place a LFO fuel tank that was added by Modular Rocket Systems. Right click it in the VAB, notice that it's got TWO fuel switch modules for the same tank space, and that they fight with each other.

One will have the options added by this mod, the other one (from MRS) will have LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, LFO, and Structural options.

Perhaps work with NecroBones to make their IFS patches not run when this mod is detected? Something like that would solve the problem, and I can't think of a way to make this patch run later than any mod that has IFS patches in it, without using a ":FINAL" tag that might collide with any custom patches a player comes up with.

Right now I can get around this by setting one of them to "structural" and the other one to what I wanted it to use, but it's a pain in the butt to have to remember to do that to EVERY FUEL TANK I PLACE.

Regarding other minor annoyances, why can't the tanks that were originally LFO or LF have LFO or LF as their default setting? LqdAmmonia isn't exactly going to run thru a Mainsail, and tweaking every single tank on a conventionally fueled launcher or jet becomes rather tedious when building (or a game of "find the tank you didn't set correctly").

EDIT: noticed a few posts above mine stating the same thing and providing methods to do it, guess they got it figured out before I even thought of it.

Edited by SciMan

...(crop)

Right now I can get around this by setting one of them to "structural" and the other one to what I wanted it to use, but it's a pain in the butt to have to remember to do that to EVERY FUEL TANK I PLACE.

Regarding other minor annoyances, why can't the tanks that were originally LFO or LF have LFO or LF as their default setting? LqdAmmonia isn't exactly going to run thru a Mainsail, and tweaking every single tank on a conventionally fueled launcher or jet becomes rather tedious when building (or a game of "find the tank you didn't set correctly").

EDIT: noticed a few posts above mine stating the same thing and providing methods to do it, guess they got it figured out before I even thought of it.

The reason I made that altered little bit of the config was that all the normal fuel tanks that where in flight where being overwritten with LqdAmmonia, and thus in effect stranding any in-flight craft you might have had when upgrading/installing this latest version of the mod... But I totally agree that it's also really handy to have the three most used setting(for me) as the first, and not needing to click through the entire list if I'm just making a LFO/LF based craft... having the resources in alphabetical order is nice, but not when it takes over standard tanks like this imo.

I'm sure this isn't intended behavior.

To replicate the bug, install this mod, KSPI-Extended (and dependencies), and "Modular Rocket System" by NecroBones.

Then place a LFO fuel tank that was added by Modular Rocket Systems. Right click it in the VAB, notice that it's got TWO fuel switch modules for the same tank space, and that they fight with each other.

One will have the options added by this mod, the other one (from MRS) will have LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, LFO, and Structural options.

Notice you can use multiple Fuel switches on the same part. I have shown in on the RCS Fuel Tanks. Which contains 4x4 build in RCS thrusters and 2 Fuel Switches. The trick to do it is have them mutually exclusive set of resources. As long as neither uses a resource of the other, they will not fight each other.

@FreeThinker:

The tanks I'm talking about are standard LF/Ox or LF-only tanks. Nothing fancy going on here. No service module tanks, no integrated RCS thrusters.

They're basically drop-in replacements for stock tanks.

That's the bug. The IFS patches that I'm talking about are NOT mutually exclusive.

And these tanks are supposed to be storing only one resource at a time (or LF/O).

Everything the IFS patches for MRS do, the IFS patch from this mod does, and more.

Worse, the MRS patches don't have a "structural" option, so I effectively can't use them for storing KSPI resources.

I guess I'll post on the MRS thread, because it seems like this problem would be better solved by making the MRS patch not run if it detects the presence of this mod's folder.

EDIT: Reported the problem on the MRS thread, along with a potential way to fix it from their end. Hopefully it goes thru sometime soon.

Edited by SciMan

Ok I found a annoying issue with the module manager config for adding switching to all tanks. Some engines that have oxidizer and liquid fuel built in will only be able to have the liquid fuel. For example the LV-T95-8 engine from near future spacecraft. While it doesn't break the game it is annoying.

That's odd. The version of the patch that I have allows you to put LF or LFO in the tanks, even if the tank used to be a LF-only tank! Pretty much the opposite to the problem you're describing, and quite useful when attempting to build certain shapes of rocket (that stock nose cone adapter makes a good rocket fuel tank for the tops of side-mounted booster tanks and stuff like that, for example)

Haven't built any new ships with the version of the patch that I'm using, so I couldn't tell you for sure if I'm having the same problem, to be honest.

But in general, all LF or LFO fuel tanks now have options for both, as well as the other KSPI resources.

Oh and that issue with the fuel tank switch patch in MRS should be resolved the next time that addon updates.

I posted the issue over there and NecroBones was fine with disabling the MRS fuel switch patch if StarLionIndustries is installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.