My KSP to-Do list

quasarrgames

There are so many things that i want to do in KSP, so i decided to make a To-Do list:

Make an SSTO with a 40% payload fraction

Make an SSTO with a 45% payload fraction

Make an SSTO with a 50% payload fraction

Finish my Orion-class kolonizer ship

do a grand tour of Jool

make an SSTO that can land and refuel itself

make an SSTO with 5km/s of Delta V

make an SSTO with 6km/s of Delta V

Have a grand space battle

Establish a system-wide ore-based economy

fool around with some mods

Then, only then, can i stop playing.

...So, do you have a to-do list for KSP? What's on it? :)

I've not been KSPing for too long yet, so my "to-dos" are a bit more modest:

- I'd like to build a modular space station on-orbit. My first station was Salyut/MOL-inspired, and my second was Skylab-inspired; they've been nice but I want to get more ambitious. To that end, I had to work on developing my heavy-lift capability, which is what I've been concentrating on recently...

- I'd like to probe the other planets in the system. To date, I have brief partial scans of Moho, Eve, and Duna from flyby probes, and I have twice attempted to drop probes into Eve's atmosphere, so far to no avail. I have a pretty good idea of what I've done wrong so far, though (success is nice but failure is often a better teacher), so it's a TBD rather than a how-the-heck-do-I-do-it? item.

- Spaceplanes. I've been concentrating on the VAB and the launch pad; there's a whole 'nother aspect to KSP I've basically not touched yet.

Edited to Add: Another thing I'd like to do is mine older "paths not followed" in our own space program history, like early plans for Mars exploration in the 1970s and 80s, and try to make them work in KSP. There are some neat-looking design studies out there...

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

- Finish my Jool-5 mission

- Make an SSTO with 100% payload fraction

- Make an SSTO with 150% payload fraction

- Colonize Jool

- Make an ascent vehicle for the Sun

- Make an SSTO with zero launch mass and infinite payload fraction

- Send a boat to Eve and then go back and get it

- Make a parts pack for interstellar colony ships

;P

Active Moon station.

Working Kuck Mosquito for Deimos/Phobos work.

Base on Ceres.

Base on Callisto.

Suppose I have some modding to do.

Oh yeah, and a Grand Tour of the Kerbin system but that's just effort. Kerbin system is a joke anyways.

Mines pretty big.

-Capture Asteroid

-Mun Station

-Mun Base

-Minmus Base

-Solar Station

-Small Duna Mining Base

-Eeloo Visit

-Land and return from Laythe

-Make a functional SSTO

-Make a shuttle

-Asteroid Mining Base

-more that I can't think of right now

Complete an ASAT-style satellite interception. (current project)

Complete a Jool-5 mission successfully. (next try will be my fourth)

Following the previous, set up some permanent infrastructure in the Jool system. ISRU on Laythe, station around Tylo, that sort of thing.

Visit Moho again. I sort of dread this one as my previous experience has not been good.

"Stock" Kerbin system save:

- finally manage to make a functional spaceplane

- plant a flag on every body of the system

- return from Eve and Tylo

- Jool grand tour

- Jeb's Stroll: take Jeb on a Solar System grand tour (maybe with landings)

RSS Solar System save:

- send probes a bit everywhere

- go to the Moon

- make a somewhat large LEO space station

Also: MOAR MODS !

Is a Grand Tour just visiting all of the SOIs?

If so, I have one under-way right now, leaving Duna and heading towards Eve for a refill on Gilly.

Already landed on Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike.

Jeb and Bill are on-board with a couple female science-types in a lab to keep them company.

Will it still count as a grand tour if I orbit Kerbin to ferry everyone down to the surface to level up on the way back out to the outer planets?

After the grand tour I am looking at making a couple copies of my caveman game, one for an entirely stock-parts career(stock+KER), and one with Rover Dude's colonization system.

...So, do you have a to-do list for KSP? What's on it? :)

Build a rover that can ballistically jump the canyon on Dres (IOW, no power after leaving 1 side) and survive intact.

Build an Eve SSTO that uses some new OP mod (already done it with Hooligan Labs, KSPI, and K+).

Build a STOL airplane that can land intact on the summit of "Old Shinytop", the spike-shaped mountain W of KSC, without any VTOL or chutes. I call it "Old Shinytop" due to the masses of sparkling aluminum scrap from failed attempts that carpet its upper slopes.

Build a base on a sundiving "comet" (highly eccentric asteroid found with SENTINEL).

...So, do you have a to-do list for KSP? What's on it?

That's a good question. I completed my previous to-do list under v0.90 just before v1.0 was released. That list included landing on and returning from every planet and moon in the solar system (at least robotically, but in many cases manned). Since then I've mostly taken a break from the game. Since v1.0's release, I've only tinkered around in sandbox mode to check out the new aerodynamic and heating models. I've yet to get into it really seriously, mainly because I haven't decided what I want to do next.

I really want to see video of this. Should call the rover the General Lee or maybe KITT.

Rover must look like a black Trans-Am, the Kraken wills it!

10-greatest-pontiacs.jpg

AMC Javelin is also acceptable.

Edited by Guest

I really want to see video of this. Should call the rover the General Lee or maybe KITT.

I'd like to see a video of it, too.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time but the problem is, it would be a major project at the expsnese of all else. It would require extensive ground recon to determine the best place to jump, dtermining the velocity and angles needed, etc. Then I might even have to build ramps. All this before designing and testing various prototypes. And only after all that can I ever start failing at this :).

As for a name, I'm thinking "Skycycle X-3", after Evel Knieval's X-2 at the Snake River.

Edited by Geschosskopf

So many things I still want to do, even after many, many, MANY hours:

Put multiple Class-E asteroids in orbit around the Mun.

Land a Class-E asteroid near enough to KSC to become a new monument.

Jool-5.

Build a 32-passenger SSTO that can reach the MUN and return home.

Build a Duna colony.

Build a cargo SSTO.

Build a legit Shuttle replica.

... just off the top of my head.

There are so many things that i want to do in KSP, so i decided to make a To-Do list: Make an SSTO with a 40% payload fraction

My heavy lift SSTOs manage about that when I optimize for that, but normally they are in the 30s...

This one will be difficult

Make an SSTO with a 45% payload fraction

Make an SSTO with a 50% payload fraction

Look at this thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116729-Stock-Payload-Fraction-Challenge-1-0-4-Edition

So far, nobody has done what you want, it may not be possible. They've gotten very close to 45%, but 50% is quite a leap.

make an SSTO that can land and refuel itself

Many have done this, it is quite feasible, at least going to low grav worls like minmus

make an SSTO with 5km/s of Delta V

make an SSTO with 6km/s of Delta V

Total, or in orbit?

I'm going to assume you don't count airbreathing deltaV.

This is easy enough if you're willing to use ion engines... otherwise....

Lets look at 5km/s dV in orbit... assuming you use Nukes.

5,000 m/s = 800s * 9.81 m/s/s * ln (mass ratio)

ln mass ratio = 0.6371

Mass ratio = 1.891

That means 47.1% of your craft must be fuel. This is harder than a SSTO with a payload of 45%, which has not been done. Since if 47.1% of your craft is fuel, then 53% will be fuel + tanks

Its much easier if its just closed cycle mode, and you get to count the dV you expend on rockets just reaching orbit...

Or if you are talking about the dV after a refuel once out of kerbin's atmosphere.

Establish a system-wide ore-based economy

Easy enough, just takes time.

ISRU can even be used on Eve, allowing you to land ascent vehicles, and then fill them up there.

Not many but my goals change frequently.

- build an actual submersible Eve submarine

- see the bottom of Mohole

- build a ship with enough internal open space Kerbals could wander around, sightseeing,

- using Tweakscale on MK3 parts, build a toy airliner.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.