{AMRSD} SpaceShipOne & White Knight

683BM7H.png

Hello all! I'm very pleased to announce the release of my latest craft, a replica of Burt Rutan's SpaceShipOne and White Knight!

First of all, some beauty pictures:

j3rwIIJ.png

t3QKCcb.png

7BJrxNm.png

puIHZFV.png

KKDXNRc.png

HNeRXUM.png

Bp9jv0N.png

6fFK8rb.png

lZDNn7U.png

3qm3Awy.png

Now, flight instructions:

AG1 Is SpaceShipOne Flaps.

AG2 Is White Knight Flaps.

This has been tested with a full load of 6 kerbals, to get them into the craft, I recommend Take Command.

Launch, if it explodes (Blame Squad, not me!) launch again.

Hit AG1 and AG2 to takeoff.

Hit AG1 again after liftoff, that will keep White Knight going up at about the right angle.

At 8200 meters, or as high as you can fly it, stage, switch to SS1, and stage again.

Point straight up, AG1 may help here.

Land with flaps on.

???

Profit.

This has some seriously clipped fuel tanks, just so you know.

Enjoy!

Download

Hey man,

Well, it looks fantastic. Really. The best stock version of this I've ever seen.

How clipped are those fuel tanks though? Like right inside each other? Fuel tank orgies aside this is a great build and a very good use of the fairings. I like.

MJ

Hey man,

Well, it looks fantastic. Really. The best stock version of this I've ever seen.

How clipped are those fuel tanks though? Like right inside each other? Fuel tank orgies aside this is a great build and a very good use of the fairings. I like.

MJ

Thanks! I really love your craft!

The fuel tanks are not clipped at all on the white knight, but in SS1, I have 2 of the 1/2 length 1.25 tanks right inside each other. It's sort of okay, since there's some wasted space inside the fairings.

There really aren't very many SS1s, are there?

How the heck is this stock? It looks like a mod...

*PEERS CLOSER and ponders a bit... *

Holy CRAP!!

I see how you did that! Lights for the ports... fairings... DUDE! That is GENIUS!! And beautiful work!

The only thing missing is the "feather" system on the wing. Fortunately stock KSP aero is pretty forgiving. :D

But I'd be tempted to mod it with just IR Robotics to have a hinge for the wing section and see if it would actually function the same way in the game as in real life! I wonder how FAR would treat it?

Still gobsmacked... Wow. That's just SPOT ON!

Have some rep, sir!

How the heck is this stock? It looks like a mod...

*PEERS CLOSER and ponders a bit... *

Holy CRAP!!

I see how you did that! Lights for the ports... fairings... DUDE! That is GENIUS!! And beautiful work!

The only thing missing is the "feather" system on the wing. Fortunately stock KSP aero is pretty forgiving. :D

But I'd be tempted to mod it with just IR Robotics to have a hinge for the wing section and see if it would actually function the same way in the game as in real life! I wonder how FAR would treat it?

Still gobsmacked... Wow. That's just SPOT ON!

Have some rep, sir!

Thank you! :)

Please give a try to making a working feather system! Thanks again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.