targetingType = heat
heatThreshold = 1234
optimumAirspeed = 412

aero = true
liftArea = 0.0016
steerMult = .15
maxTorque = 4
}

It doesn't seem to steer towards whatever it locks on to (but it still locks on, unfortunately). Until ~1100m with a TWR of 30 in the boost stage, it will stay in the heat-seeking boresight. After the ~1100m mark it will have fallen out of the boresight. Its still a pain to aim, but I think seeing where the plane is pointing makes it a great deal easier. Also it still plays the warbling(?) sound the sidewinders make, but it works pretty well all things considered.

I've managed to make an "HVAR" out of P.E.W.'s Ataka missile. I did this:

MODULE
{
name = MissileLauncher

shortName = HVAR

thrust = 25 //KN thrust during boost phase
cruiseThrust = 3 //thrust during cruise phase
dropTime = 0 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
boostTime = 1 //seconds of boost phase
cruiseTime = 8 //seconds of cruise phase
guidanceActive = False //missile has guidanceActive
blastRadius = 18 //meters
blastPower = 12
maxTurnRateDPS = 0 //degrees per second

audioClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/rocketLoop

homingType = AGM
missileType = missile
targetingType = heat
heatThreshold = 1234
optimumAirspeed = 412

aero = true
liftArea = 0.0016
steerMult = .15
maxTorque = 4
}

It doesn't seem to steer towards whatever it locks on to (but it still locks on, unfortunately). Until ~1100m with a TWR of 30 in the boost stage, it will stay in the heat-seeking boresight. After the ~1100m mark it will have fallen out of the boresight. Its still a pain to aim, but I think seeing where the plane is pointing makes it a great deal easier. Also it still plays the warbling(?) sound the sidewinders make, but it works pretty well all things considered.

Hum, i'll have a fiddle, but either way it's not a really high priority.

How to imbed an Imgur album

Step 1: take note of the album code. In your case, it would be Q2w5N#6 (ignore the #6, its a anchor tag or something, but you can't embed it with that)

Step 2: Go to your post, click edit

Step 3: At where you wish to put the album, type in

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Just don't do it with spaces. Remember, do not put the #6, only put Q 2w5N (ignore that space as well.

Please make German guns... please... I've been waiting so long... Mg 151, Mk 108, Mg 131... YES! My Bf 109 and Fw 190 replicas will finally be complete! Dude... you are awesome!

It's planned, but i don't want to upset Azimech, as he wants to do something i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, i'm back and should mainly be working on this for the next couple of weeks as RL had gotten in the way.

Any news about the German guns and whether or not Azimech will be making something of his own? By the way, keep up the good work!

I haven't heard or seen anything from Azimech so i might just make my own thing, trying to find good pictures for reference can be difficult so it will take some time.

However i am going to try doing a turret, first i'll just make one that doesn't resemble anything from unity prefab parts just to get the hierarchy figured out (I'll release it for testing when i think it's done), as well as play with the Hispanios muzzle flash so id doesn't fall behind the gun in flight.

I'd like to see a Frazer Nash turret. Y'know, the Boulton Defiant? I think that could be a very cool and interesting thing to see.

Well i think i will do the M1919, then at the same time do the Wellington front/rear turrets.

that would be awesome, which guns did you have in mind? an oerlikon 20mm AA gun and a bofors 40mm AAA gun would be awesome

I have got ship based AA guns in NAS, including Oerlikon 20mm and Bofors 40mm mentioned above.

But still I'm willing to see ground based types, like 88mm FlaK36/37 or Bofors 80mm, those would be attractive to me.

I have got ship based AA guns in NAS, including Oerlikon 20mm and Bofors 40mm mentioned above.

But still I'm willing to see ground based types, like 88mm FlaK36/37 or Bofors 80mm, those would be attractive to me.

I know you have ship based parts, so thats why i'm planning ^^^^^These parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Any progress on the German weapons? No, I'm not asking for a release date or trying to rush you, I just want to know how you're doing on them. Your models are great and I wouldn't want you to rush yourself and have rushed models in the product. I'm really enjoying what you have and hope you're continuing this!

Hey! Any progress on the German weapons? No, I'm not asking for a release date or trying to rush you, I just want to know how you're doing on them. Your models are great and I wouldn't want you to rush yourself and have rushed models in the product. I'm really enjoying what you have and hope you're continuing this!

I haven't started German models yet, however i have the M1919 nearly ready, as well as a derpy flexible mount version (However i went a bit overboard on the jacket and the poly count is outrageously high, a.k.a i cannot place more than about 3-4 before my is about as fast as a snail with brain damage, and i can't get the turret to point where it's supposed too.), and an Aperture Science inspired model for a bomb test.

Unfortunatly at the moment real life is being a pain and i haven't really felt in the mood for sitting down and doing a day of serious modeling. Soon.

Ok good news. I fiddled with the muzzle flash of the Hispanio and it will now no longer fly backwards through the plane when your moving, plus i have drastically reduced the poly count of the M1919 so it's nearly ready. Also i will be re-implementing the combos in the next update. Now because i would like to keep some hair I'll leave turrets alone for a little bit and make some German weapons, probable just the MG 151/20 and MG 131 for the moment.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, MightyDarkStar said:

Any new progress @TUKE?

Yep, M1919 has it's new model, the MG 131 is almost done (Just need to tweak the attachment values so you don't have one ejecting shells up and another ejecting down), and the MK108 is next. However I'm going to wait until i have a decent sized update before i do the update.

• 5 months later...

Can you add pics? No pics, no clicks, but I'm getting this mod anyway :). I also recommend the Airplane Plus mod if you want WWII Engines!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/7/2016 at 10:40 AM, Murican_Jeb said:

@TUKE The Faired Version of the Hispano Suzia and the Vickers S Cannon make my game lag alot when I pick them out. Should I send a log?

Sorry for the late reply. So the Faired Hispanio has a hight poly count, and i think, large textures. Similar with the Vickers S. The Faired Hispanio I'm reworking, and the Vickers S I'm completely remodeling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.