Lt Vax

DONE....

Algae pack Checklist:

• Parts
  • Textures
  • Poly tweeks
  • Texture Fixes
  • Bump map fixes
  • Get feedback on balancing (Friends ATM)

CGF's:

• Tweakscale compatibility
  • RealFuels compatibility
  • Heat Generation
  • Tweek from self sufficient (basic testing) to needing Mulch/ore
  • Calculate non negative production from weight of ore (maybe something you process on planet)
  • Calculate better weight of resources

http://imgur.com/a/r83dV

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/256813-algae-synth-pack

Structure pack Checklist:

• Parts
  • Textures
  • Poly tweeks
  • Texture Fixes
  • Bump map fixes
  • Get feedback on balancing (Friends ATM)

CGF's:

• Tweakscale compatibility
  • RealFuels compatibility

http://imgur.com/a/ir4zt

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/structure-pack

The ALGAE pack is designed to go with:

You will need the ore to produce more Mulch, Mulch to produce Sugar, Sugar to Fuel. you will also get Metal from the ore so you'll have to deal with that, unless you space it. (Will look into stopping production when something is maxed)

I have also tweaked all the structural parts, a few texture tweaks are still needed but I have tested every thing and they work good in KSP 1.2.2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what's next? Modular Walkways!

1ztIIvv.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Collection:

Most of these were things I needed/wanted. I will be uploading them for everyone at some point but for now I'm adding more and fixing/updating the old.

-If your thinking of expanding on any of these ideas please let me know so I can put 'Links' where needed-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Added: Mini ASC, Mini SFC, Mono Converter, Ore Converter, Silo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girders:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Station Structures:

Solar/Power:

Rover:

Food/Generators/Utilities:

Propulsion:

Containers/Storage Tanks:

Works in progress/Concepts:

Landing Beacon ; Attach it to the ground, target with MechJeb.

Thingy ; Might turn it into a Jump Gate

Microwave Engine ; Should run on just electricity.

Rover Science Unit ; Still need to do the Science CFG.

Food Habitat ; Still deciding on growth mesh and animation.

1st Wheel Attempt ; Basic model done.

Circular Ladder ; slight size issue & CFG

Multi-Connection Piston Hub ; Extend the sides for easy Docking clearance.

Multi Use Tank ; Will do a few sizes, noticed a few mods where you can change the Texture and Contents of a item.

IVE Cockpit ; For Robotic Arm construction, so you can do IVE construction work on stations.

Solid Solar Girder ; 'Needs a Module for multiple suncatchers'

1/4 Solar Panel ; Wraps around tanks nicely. 'Needs a Module for multiple suncatchers'

MK2 Solid Solar Panel ; Wraps around the MK2 nicely. 'Needs a Module for multiple suncatchers'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-Game Screenshots Collection:

Batteries, girder, Rover Bits & Oxygen Tank ; Just some stuff on display.

Was Current Mod Collection ; Mass In-Game Screenshot Collection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Concept Projects:

Something with a crazy animated texture ; Not sure how possible it is, saw a thing on it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FP81K4oyE

---- On Hold ----

Collaboration Project:

--Something something Dark Side...........--

So here is a glimps into what Ive been working on

I have joined up with Admiral-Helwyr and we will be swapping models for each others Mods. His mod is Complete Sci-Fi Craft and mine will be smaller Star Wars craft in 'Parts' for epic mix match. E.G.

Will keep updating as new things spring from my mind and i find the time.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, PO Box 1866, Mountain View, CA 94042, USA.  

Edited by Lt Vax
Status/Part Update

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway I have a few mods that need a Module for multiple suncatchers, any help on who's mod and how would be appreciated. Looked around and no one seem to say how.

I also need one for Tracking Object Attachment as I want a solar panel to move with a sun tracking part. I think Inferno has what I need but not sure how.

So yeah, moving soon and will be uploading the Beta's as soon as I get the net hooked up so I need these done. Thanks in Advance.

Updated the Pictures to Imgur Albums, hopefully people will see all of what I'm designing and comment, kinda feel like a **** with only 1 comment in a month.

Also just thought this was interesting/funny since I have something like it, just found it on facebook.

Fuel Made From Algae, I might have to change the resources, Food - Oil ; Oil - BioFuel. Will also look into the actual conversion maths for a more accurate

All of these look amazing. This looks like a great collection - I am most impressed with the station parts, and the rover bits. Where can I download your ready parts?

I will be uploading in a few weeks or so, my internet connection is very poor and cost me alot so until I get a LAN line on I can't.

[MOD - Moved to Add-on Development subforums, as that is the place for WIPs]

Most impressive - I'm particularly fond of the girder with the integrated solar PV array and the round walkway.

Thanks for moving it and cheerz for the feedback. The more I know what people like the more I can focus on specific parts, for now it's just been things I want.

Anyway I will be creating a new Thread when there ready and can be uploaded so keep your eye's open. Just have to remove stagnate animations and a few small things I missed by being new at this. (Also working on some Company banners :P )

for the solar panels, its noted needing multiple suncatchers? to deal with the curved shapes?

the panel shapes look like they dont move, like the mk2 / cylinder is just slapped on top of shape

i seem to remember you can control output vs angle to sun with the stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

for the solar panels, its noted needing multiple suncatchers? to deal with the curved shapes?

the panel shapes look like they dont move, like the mk2 / cylinder is just slapped on top of shape

i seem to remember you can control output vs angle to sun with the stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

Yes they don't move and yes to the curved shape, I just want to make sure the sun is hitting it side on, not sure exactly how suncatchers acknowledge the light so I have 3 facing the desired angles.

I can always angle the center a bit but would rather multiple for a better accuracy, however if adding more makes the parts performance worse I won't.

I love the solar slabs. If I may make a suggestion, please add non rectangular (triangle and circle) shaped solar panels

I wanted to do some that covered wings completely, as for your suggestion are you referring to all the triangle corners to be rounded, if so how much were you thinking? (Draw a simple pic in paint if you want)

Thanks for all the feed back guys, time for me to get back into it. (Working on old Red atm, along with everything else)

Edited by Lt Vax

• 1 year later...

Been away for ages so I thought I'd come back and try to get some type of pack completed.

Few more parts, fix some of the old, then a bit of balance testing and the Algae Fuel Systems Pack will be good to go. (Unless and update breaks it)

More details up top.

2 more storage tanks designed, one for Sugar and the Radial one for mulch i guess. Got the day off so I might get them textured later.

qdkgKUB.pngOk2QqpC.png

I have one already done for Food/snacks and will tweak some files so the 'Algae' pack is compatible with 'Life Support' mods, I also tweeked/stripped 'Real Fuels' to work with it and will design some files to go with that. (Was seeing how it worked)

Edited by Lt Vax
tanks done

6:00am and I've finished the Textures for the 2 storage tanks, think I almost have every thing the 'Algae Pack' will need. Was looking back over the comments and what I have and I'm thinking of compiling my structure bits together and work all the kinks out of them (optimize and such) and with any luck have a double release of parts. :D'Yay Parts' 

• 2 weeks later...

All textures and slight poly drop done! To hot to keep going but just have the configs to balance (weight, cost ect).
cY3mdNw.png

Thinking the engine will ONLY be for the few that took the time to comment so congrats to those peeps.

Also those square girders are 2x there size in the pic.
----------------------------------------
Found a few more things to patch, got most the cfg files done and will be getting mates to test it over the next week or so before releasing it.

Edited by Lt Vax

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.