Windows users rejoice.

regex

https://twitter.com/Maxmaps/status/634101441054003201

Welcome to the club (soon).

E: This was literally posted an hour and a half ago. You'd think someone could come by and use that Announcements forum we have here, maybe make it useful? Took me ten seconds to make this thread. Way to drop the ball, Squad. Not like you guys haven't been doing that since like ... forever, but still.

Edited by regex

E: This was literally posted an hour and a half ago. You'd think someone could come by and use that Announcements forum we have here, maybe make it useful? Took me ten seconds to make this thread. Way to drop the ball, Squad. Not like you guys haven't been doing that since like ... forever, but still.

#lolproxyemployee

I seriously cannot wait. It's like waiting for Christmas.

I love KSP so much. But launching large rockets and having the huge frame drops associated with it SUCKS. Unity 5 performance increase will be as much a psychological benefit as an immediate practical one.

Secondly, 64 bit on WINDOWS???? You mean I don't have to boot into my Linux partition anymore just so I can have 64bit? You mean I don't have to use OpenGL and sacrifice the graphical quality of my game? It's almost too good to be true. The game seems to finally be getting out of beta!

Wouldn't that be 32 reasons, as 32 bit already exists? So you would have 32 NEW reasons? Clearly, we're getting 96 bit KSP.

You. You know what you are talking about.

Does this mean 1.1 will be unity 5?

I thought unity 4 had fundamental 64 bit issues?

To the first part of your question, yes 1.1 will be Unity 5. We may even get a 1.0.x that will be Unity 5, with 1.1 then adding additional content (like antennarange).

The second part of your question, they couldn't debug errors on the 64bit version of KSP with Unity 4. That changes in Unity 5, and by all indications it appears they will be able to not only debug 64bit KSP but will eventually release a stable version of it.

To the first part of your question, yes 1.1 will be Unity 5. We may even get a 1.0.x that will be Unity 5, with 1.1 then adding additional content (like antennarange).

The second part of your question, they couldn't debug errors on the 64bit version of KSP with Unity 4. That changes in Unity 5, and by all indications it appears they will be able to not only debug 64bit KSP but will eventually release a stable version of it.

Thanks oddfunction :)

buying my ticket for the 1.1 hype train as we speak

Not going to hold my breath on this. Why? I've 0 faith that there will be improvement enough for a stable and EFFICIENT 64 bit right out of the gate. I tried the 64 bit when they gave it to us before and I did not care one whit for the slide show that was the portraits of my crew or the semi slide show that my rockets were. Maybe by 1.1.9 or so, yes I picked 9 randomly, they will have it stable and efficient. As the saying goes: once bitten, twice shy. This isn't to say I won't try it or that I will be or am now right in my tentativeness but that's how I stand right now. Right? Idk. Wrong? Idk. But stand here I shall.

Oh, joy. I love owning a Mac. :huh:

Install linux! It is probably not as hard to install as you think, runs KSP super well (green timer 25% of the time on my 2011 macbook air), and is extremely user friendly if you choose a good distro, (I recommend elementary os, it's lightweight and Ubuntu based) with the numix circle icon pack, it looks super good.

Edited by peachoftree