(RSS and RAM) What is this sorcery?

tygoo7

So I made a separate KSP install to try to play RO and RSS. I used CKAN since that seemed easier.

I booted up the game, crash.

Forced opengl mode and half res textures, HOLY CRAP!

824 mb!!! Is this even possible? I'm not even using ATM and I have most of the mods it recommended, even RVE!

Not sure where I should put this thread but I just needed to share this. Is this normal btw?

KSVO8.jpg

Edited by tygoo7

tygoo7 I guess you have a GPU with a lot of memory ( 4, 6 or more GB) ? With OpenGL and proper use of DDS most texture memory use is moved to the GPU itself. If you install Process Explorer you can see the GPU memory use (launch it, Ctrl+I and GPU tab)

Interesting...and I think my GPU is like 4GB of memory.

Are you running windows 10? I've noticed that it does this, but it usually displays full memory usage under details, or with an ingame memory monitor. I've also seen the task manager memory usage monitor jumping around wildly, so I don't know how trustworthy it is.

Are you running windows 10? I've noticed that it does this, but it usually displays full memory usage under details, or with an ingame memory monitor. I've also seen the task manager memory usage monitor jumping around wildly, so I don't know how trustworthy it is.

I am on windows 8, too lazy to upgrade. The Task Manager is usually trustworthy because on my other career mode install I have around 2.7GB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.