[1.1.x] Canadarm v1.71 (5 June 2016)

Jeast

Just now, Irenicus said:

May be will need:  open the archive and put folder Canadarm-1.71 just in GameData folder...

And this all?

no. enter in arhive and copy the Canadarm folder where you see alongside the ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll

that's all

Many moons ago when Romfarers arms where working he had a very cool GUI that went with the arm is there any chance of that type of thing being implemented as I find the IR stuff to confusing I can try and find a screen shot if that helps

z8KpXnC.jpg

Edited by Virtualgenius

On 7/9/2016 at 11:58 PM, Virtualgenius said:

Many moons ago when Romfarers arms where working he had a very cool GUI that went with the arm is there any chance of that type of thing being implemented as I find the IR stuff to confusing I can try and find a screen shot if that helps

z8KpXnC.jpg

Good point, yes this is being worked on atm :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulder yaw and elbow pitch will operate into the negatives but cant set a preset in the negatives.

Any chance we can get RO compatability? As far as I can tell it all works fine, it just doesn't consume electrical charge and the parts are labled "non RO"

This is probably the nicest Canadarm out there. However, would you consider a more stockalike texture, such as removing the Canada decal (Kanada maybe?), or maybe making it look less insulated?

Or, eventually, Canadarm2 parts?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

I have been quiet for a while. The reason is not a good one. While updating my PC to windows 10 (clean install), my backup external drive with both of my mods (canadarm and IVA) died. I lost alll my files.

At this point I really don't have a clue what to do, maybe I can convert my mods in a way so I can import them in Blender or.. I don't know.

Does your backup drive power up can you plug it into another PC to see if its just windows 10 being dumb you have probably tried this already

Taniwha has an import into blender

Or you could see what licence Romfarer had on his  and see if you can take it over if its going to be to much work to re-instate yours

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220273-robotic-arms-pack

Edited by Virtualgenius

On 8/17/2016 at 10:12 PM, ImmaStegosaurus! said:

Would it be possible to mount two arms to opposite ends of the cargo bay and use one to grab the station and use another to install the module?

Yeah why not. Can you send me a reference picture from which I can make up the mounting location?

On 24/08/2016 at 10:35 AM, Jeast said:

Yeah why not. Can you send me a reference picture from which I can make up the mounting location?

I believe real shuttles had both arms mounted near cockpit. Something like this but with ability to mount another arm to opposite end of the cargo bay would be great!
space_102-1920x1080.jpg

Would it be possible to have a mounting point for arm at all four corners of all the stock cargo bays? It would make things bit easier and would allow for extended shuttles.

Spoiler

Urgq6pD.png

tGoGocV.png

I'm not sure if Gantry arm comes from KIS/KAS or infernal robotics. Would it be possible to add a mounting point for shoulder in that piece? It would be a great combination for space stations and such.

Your mod is great and one of my 'must haves'.

Edited by ImmaStegosaurus!

The shuttle never flew with two canadarms. What you are seeing is the canadarm on one side and the Orbiter Boom Sensor System on the other, which is very close to the canadarm itself, but is a fixed 100ft length with 2 grapple fixtures, one at the opposite end of the instrument package and the other in the middle.

Mounting points are just fine, but wanted to make sure you realize IRL there weren't two.

Hi Jeast. I really love your mod. So sorry to hear of the work you lost.

I was wondering how I might go about restowing the arm for landing? I can have the arm start off grappled to a grapple point I have in my shuttle's cargo bay, but I can't reconnect to it as it's a part already connected to itself. The magnet doesn't seem to work in this way either.

Cheers again for the mod! :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.