[1.1.x] Canadarm v1.71 (5 June 2016)

Jeast

I think I might be doing something wrong.  I am using this with a shuttle and can I no attach the end to something that is 'docked' in the cargo bay?

What I have been doing is letting the cargo detach and using the RCS to move the activate arm in the way until I hear the familiar sound.

On 09/07/2016 at 9:05 PM, gamerscircle said:

I think I might be doing something wrong.  I am using this with a shuttle and can I no attach the end to something that is 'docked' in the cargo bay?

What I have been doing is letting the cargo detach and using the RCS to move the activate arm in the way until I hear the familiar sound.

Yes unfortunately you cannot collide with self at this moment ingame. Thats the reason you should undock first.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2016 at 9:23 AM, Jeast said:

The new module will be released together with the 1.2 update of the mod. It will be a standalone module, so independent of IR.

Has this happened, I might have missed a post.

Question: I want to use a previous 1.1.3 craft, so I have to load up IR and this Mod, can I load up the old one so that I can remove the part from the craft and then save it?

On 10/21/2016 at 5:33 PM, gamerscircle said:

Has this happened, I might have missed a post.

Question: I want to use a previous 1.1.3 craft, so I have to load up IR and this Mod, can I load up the old one so that I can remove the part from the craft and then save it?

Not yet. Its a little bit delayed unfortunately due to my wife and I having a baby. Its progressing slowly but it won't take long.

On 10/25/2016 at 2:52 AM, Jeast said:

Not yet. Its a little bit delayed unfortunately due to my wife and I having a baby. Its progressing slowly but it won't take long.

Congrats and not a problem.  I only asked, because my shuttle was stuck and I needed the mod.  I worked it out though, thanks again.

The servos of IR are not working after i docked it to my station,is there a similar issue connected to this?BTW great mod,keep up the good work.

edit:the joints are not moving

Edited by StickLabs
forgot to put a word

On 10/28/2016 at 11:46 AM, StickLabs said:

The servos of IR are not working after i docked it to my station,is there a similar issue connected to this?BTW great mod,keep up the good work.

edit:the joints are not moving

You have to make sure autostruts are disabled, also if you're using the updated Kerbal Joint Reinforcement it will stop IR parts from moving.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey when i use this mod and extend the arm it just kind of stretches itself until the thing either explodes or sends the craft hurtling. Pretty much, the joints get pulled apart. could this be because im using this in 1.2?  

Edited by A sad frog

2 hours ago, A sad frog said:

Hey when i use this mod and extend the arm it just kind of stretches itself until the thing either explodes or sends the craft hurtling. Pretty much, the joints get pulled apart. could this be because im using this in 1.2?  

maybe some autostrut problem?

No the arm works fine in the VAB it extends all the way and i can move it about fine. But in the game; launchpad or orbit when i use it the joints split and the pieces are pretty much just floating. If i continue to stretch the arm it eventually freaks out and goes everywhere. ;((

17 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@Jeast he hasn't been on since October due to a new baby so I wouldn't expect fixes  anytime soon but would love to be proved wrong

The baby was/is asking more than I estimated. I am slowly picking up working on this again. It won't take long from now on.

Edited by Jeast

2 hours ago, Jeast said:

The baby was/is asking more than I estimated.

This is why I laugh at anyone that says "We're waiting until we're ready to have kids."  You're never going to be ready, no matter how much you prepare.

Hope things are going well for you, though.

7 hours ago, razark said:

This is why I laugh at anyone that says "We're waiting until we're ready to have kids."  You're never going to be ready, no matter how much you prepare.

Hope things are going well for you, though.

Things are going great, thanks! :)

Yes this is something even Doomsday Peppers can't prepare for :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.