[1.1.x] Canadarm v1.71 (5 June 2016)

Jeast

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PatelPratham said:

I am using infernal robotics next and I can not seem to get control of the canadarm. When I use the infernal parts the tool bar icon show up but not with canadarm

This is because canadarm needs to be updated for IR next. IR next changed so much internally (it's practically a new project), that it needs new options and therefor an updated of all parts that are using it. Because of that it has been built to be installable side by side with the old IR.

Unfortunatelly it is not that easy with the parts of canadarm. For some reason those behave very strange (like 2 of the very old legacy parts of IR that were dropped long time ago) and I think those need an update in order to work with IR next.

12 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

This is because canadarm needs to be updated for IR next. IR next changed so much internally (it's practically a new project), that it needs new options and therefor an updated of all parts that are using it. Because of that it has been built to be installable side by side with the old IR.

Unfortunatelly it is not that easy with the parts of canadarm. For some reason those behave very strange (like 2 of the very old legacy parts of IR that were dropped long time ago) and I think those need an update in order to work with IR next.

It’s working now I download a older version of IR and it’s all good

12 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

It’s working now I download a older version of IR and it’s all good

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed everything properly and reinstalled all dependinces, I am using the space shuttle discovery model and canadarm moves, but the magnet is not working since there is no button showing to enable it when I right click the end effector. I installed the KAS and KIS seperate from this download.

Edited by Goat9
forgot other information

On 6/25/2019 at 8:21 AM, Goat9 said:

I installed everything properly and reinstalled all dependinces, I am using the space shuttle discovery model and canadarm moves, but the magnet is not working since there is no button showing to enable it when I right click the end effector. I installed the KAS and KIS seperate from this download.

what version you using boy?

On 6/25/2019 at 3:21 AM, Goat9 said:

You need to install the old KAS legacy parts. Installationguide and link to the files are here.

31 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

You need to install the old KAS legacy parts. Installationguide and link to the files are here.

IR-Next seems to have a magnet part.... let me check the part.cfg -

IR_MagneticGrabber

Spoiler

// --- Magnet Module ---
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleIRAttachment
		partAttach = true
		partBreakForce = 999
		forceNeeded = 0.1
		electricChargeRequiredIdle = 2.0
		electricChargeRequiredConnected = 3.0

//	attachToEva = False		// Disable/enable attraction of eva
	//	minFwdDot = 0.9961947	// Minimum magnet alignment needed to attach. Set to Cos(5 deg)

activatingSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetstart
		deactivatingSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetstop
		activatedSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnet
		attachPartSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetAttach
		detachSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetDetach
	}

So if you have IR-Next installed - you could install that part or that module into your part.

Don't know if this will work - it should. the :NEEDS for IR-Next I don't know how to write, so I tried to say it needs that part that the code came from. Also included a fix for the original part - bulkheadProfile.

Spoiler

// Canadarm
// Canadarm IR-Next Magnetism v0.10
// 27 Jun 19

@PART[carmend]:NEEDS[Canadarm,@PART[IR_MagneticGrabber]]:FOR[Canadarm]
{
	bulkheadProfile = srf, size0
	@attachRules = 1,1,0,1,0,0

!MODULE[KASModuleMagnet] {}
	// --- InfernalRobotics-Next Magnet Module ---
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleIRAttachment
		partAttach = true
		partBreakForce = 999
		forceNeeded = 0.1
		electricChargeRequiredIdle = 2.0 // old KASModuleMagnet was 0.01 but this setting is from IR-Next so left it be
		electricChargeRequiredConnected = 3.0

// rayDir
		// rayLenght

attachToEva = True		// Disable/enable attraction of eva
		minFwdDot = 0.998 // 0.9961947	// Minimum magnet alignment needed to attach. Set to Cos(5 deg)

activatingSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetstart
		deactivatingSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetstop
		activatedSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnet
		attachPartSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetAttach
		detachSoundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/magnetDetach
	}
}

// zer0Kerbal
// CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 9 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 7:39 PM, PatelPratham said:

I am using infernal robotics next and I can not seem to get control of the canadarm. When I use the infernal parts the tool bar icon show up but not with canadarm

Same problem here as well?

Worked with the old IR Mod but not w/ Next...  :(

• 1 month later...

I plan to release a “quick” updated version somewhere next week. The new version with the UI will take just a bit longer as I expected it would be easier as it actually is. It will happen though!

12 hours ago, Jeast said:

I plan to release a “quick” updated version somewhere next week. The new version with the UI will take just a bit longer as I expected it would be easier as it actually is. It will happen though!

Just in time for the space shuttle mod to be updated, I guess.  from what I have been following for it, at least...

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, WulfyKerman said:

When i download this mod and i test it on VAB All parts is working but when i test it outside the VAB only the End Effector is working and the other parts is not

That`s because this mod is outdated long ago. Look at the date in the topic: 2016. It was for KSP 1.1.x, not for KSP 1.12.x. And Jeast isn`t active here since last year.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:21 AM, Burning Kan said:

@Angel-125made one not so long ago,

dont now if its actual working but your chance stand good,he is nomaly update hes mods regular.so here it is.

https://github.com/Angel-125/KerbalActuators/releases

good luck,and please let us now if it work

I add that SOCK also has a canadarm, it only keeps the arm binder and that's all.

Edited by luisitoISS

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.