[1.1.x] Canadarm v1.71 (5 June 2016)

Jeast

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Jeast. Just wanted to say I love the mod (still using it even in 1.2.2). I know youre a busy man, but I was wondering if it would be possible to get a more stock-alike texture for the arm (maybe one that matechs the cargobay interiors provided by Cormorant Aeronology)?

Edited by Avalon304

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 7:37 AM, Avalon304 said:

Hey, Jeast. Just wanted to say I love the mod (still using it even in 1.2.2). I know youre a busy man, but I was wondering if it would be possible to get a more stock-alike texture for the arm (maybe one that matechs the cargobay interiors provided by Cormorant Aeronology)?

Hi Avalon,

At this moment, with the sparse time I have available, I'm mainly focused on creating a seperate module for the arm so it is independent from Infernal Robotics. This is quite a lot of work and the progress is a bit too slow for my taste. When this is done and I have updated the module in this thread, please feel free to remind me of this request so I can consider it then.

3 hours ago, Jeast said:

Hi Avalon,

At this moment, with the sparse time I have available, I'm mainly focused on creating a seperate module for the arm so it is independent from Infernal Robotics. This is quite a lot of work and the progress is a bit too slow for my taste. When this is done and I have updated the module in this thread, please feel free to remind me of this request so I can consider it then.

Why the change?  I can't imagine IR ever getting dropped entirely and not updated for a new version?

47 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Why the change?  I can't imagine IR ever getting dropped entirely and not updated for a new version?

Propably because of custom steering, right ?

Lazor mod once had a KURS Docking-cam Style interface with controls which allowed better motion.

Also independency from IR is good :wink:

21 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Propably because of custom steering, right ?

Lazor mod once had a KURS Docking-cam Style interface with controls which allowed better motion.

Also independency from IR is good :wink:

Exactly this

1 hour ago, Jasseji said:

We love you and we wait for this, any help with the code required ?

Thanks for the offer. I'm learning as I go (I have some minor python and C# experience so its a lot of fidling, but I'm enjoying it so far).

1 hour ago, Virtualgenius said:

The romfarer robotic arm was awesome and if this mod does that I will be over the moon,  so you have my encouragement and thumbs up, is the baby is doing well Jeast

Thanks. The baby is doing fine! He still won't let me sleep though :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, LMRaptor said:

Finally managed to get IR working again so I could use the arm, and it works great! When things start speeding up and you have time for KSP, would you consider creating parts for the IUS Airborne Support Equipment and the SolarMax/Hubble Flight Support System?

Check out this post by @MrMeeb:

8 hours ago, LMRaptor said:

Finally managed to get IR working again so I could use the arm, and it works great! When things start speeding up and you have time for KSP, would you consider creating parts for the IUS Airborne Support Equipment and the SolarMax/Hubble Flight Support System?

MikeNZ build one for the old Space Shuttle in KSP 1.0.x but I don't know if it work in 1.2.2.

• 3 weeks later...

I have DECQ's shuttle, with this added on, and when it is added in, there are no controls that show up to move it with IR.   Anyone else have that problem?  I click the IR toolbar during flight, and no servos show to manipulate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4.6.2017 at 5:15 AM, Deplaisant said:

Hello ! I think there is a problem :( 

Is it possible to fix it ? I'm on KSP 1.2.2

I was fixing this at first by using infernal robotics parts as the base of the canadarm and then building the rest as the real canadarm. The base will be a little bit too big in diameter so i rescaled it with the plugin tweakable everything... It worked for me in 1.2.2

3 hours ago, Deplaisant said:

I prefer play with the real Canadarm because I love the realism

I think the space shuttle is useless without the canadarm 

Yeah, i know... It doesnt look like the real canadarm shoulder but you could proceed with some missions or train for the time, when the canadarm will be updated. Maybe you can try to place the Kerbal Robotics "shoulder" into the original canadarm shoulder? i havent tried so, but maybe its possible...

This is like it looked for me:

9qU5UpN.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I know it starts to take a very long time, but I'm still working on it guys. I have made some good progress on the new plugin so IR will not be needed anymore soon. This should fix the above bugs as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.