[1.1.x] Canadarm v1.71 (5 June 2016)

Jeast

On 3/31/2017 at 6:07 AM, eberkain said:

Why the change?  I can't imagine IR ever getting dropped entirely and not updated for a new version?

I have to admit, even tho IR is "technically" usable thru the last few updates of KSP, I quit using it simply because its a PIA and kinda confusing to go thru all the hoops to get it working since sirkut's last official release for 1.1.2... So any mod that has IR functionality, WITHOUT IR as a dependency, and is simple to install, is much better in my book...

Hey

When i first installed this mod i would right click on the end effector and it would give me the option to switch on the magnet. The option has totally disappeared from the right click menu now. Is the magnet automatic now or is this an issue with my download? maybe another mod is clashing with it?

Dan

3 hours ago, windystig said:

Hey

When i first installed this mod i would right click on the end effector and it would give me the option to switch on the magnet. The option has totally disappeared from the right click menu now. Is the magnet automatic now or is this an issue with my download? maybe another mod is clashing with it?

Dan

Do you have KAS? It adds the magnet so it`s a dependencie. Look at the OP:

****** DEPENDENCIES ******
-    Modulemanager (included)
-    Infernal Robotics (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/latest)
-    Kerbal Attachment System (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92514-0-24-2-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-8-Fixed-for-0-24-2-x86-x64-%29)

• 2 months later...

Works perfect inside the VAB, but all joints rotate in crazy ways once launched, tried with latest versions of everything, with and without KJR, 1.2.2 and 1.3.0, anyone who got it working any ideas? 

My bad! wrong version of KJR :P

Edited by Drakenex

• 4 weeks later...

My Feature Requests....
1. Would love if non standard keys could be assigned.  F1 F2  ^ ( $ @   TAB BACKSPACE  etc etc.    Also keypad number keys instead of just the line of numbers above the letter keys.  
This would help a lot in mapping the Canadarm movement to really unused keys.

2. Would love if the arm counted as 2 or 3 kerbals for KIS engineer purposes.  As it is now I still need 2 or 3 Kerbals on eva to attach large pieces together.

OK now on to the purpose of my post.
I haven't seen anything about using a joystick with this mod, so here we go, this shows what happens when I have some free time after playing Kerbal....

What I have done thus far is to map the Canadarm movements to some keys.  Then I have my Thrustmaster F16 joystick (pictured below) and I mapped the hats on the joystick to move various pieces left right up and down via those same keys.    So its all working nicely, moving the Canadarm around in the game without touching the keyboard or the mouse.  Here is a short Vimeo video of the Canadarm being controlled with the joystick hats.
https://vimeo.com/236860457    

Hat 1 (large hat to the right of the red button)  controls the shoulder.   Hat 4 (grey hat on left side of the joystick) controls the elbow.  Hat 3 (black hat below hat 1) controls the wrist.  Hat 2 (black hat below the red button) controls the rotation of the effector.

I included the code below in case anyone else has a Thrustmaster and wants to try it.   My next plan is to have the axis's of the joystick do the movement of the arm instead of the joystick hats.  But that joystick coding converting joystick movement to key strokes is much more involved, not impossible, just more involved.  Being able to change the speed of the joints via keyboard commands would be nice too. 

Ideally the desired joint would be controlled by the joystick moving left right for and aft.  And the speed of the arm would increase as the joystick was moved further along that axis. The Thrustmaster throttle has various hats switches and knobs on it as well.  There is a three position switch that would work nicely in switching which part of the arm is being controlled by the joystick. This would make it quite similar to the actual controls of the Canadarm.   Am I over thinking this or what? 

Feel free to comment or ask a question. 

fss58-300.jpg   

The following would be in the Kerbal IR editor window
>>>>
Shoulder Yaw  k l     (as in Kilo and Lima)
Shoulder Pitch  2 1  (as in number two and number one)
Elbow Pitch  4 3  (as in number four and number three)
Wrist Pitch  6 5   (as in number six and number five)
End Yaw  8 7   (as in number eight and number seven)
End Roll  9 0   (as in number nine and number zero)
>>>>

The following would be added to your thrustmaster  kerbalcanadarm.tmj file.  Or what ever you choose to name it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Do not include this line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rem ---------------------------------------------
Rem          Button and Hat statements

BTN H1U /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 2

BTN H1D /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 1

BTN H1L /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H k

BTN H1R /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H l

BTN H2U /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 0

BTN H2D /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 9

BTN H3U /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 6

BTN H3D /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 5

BTN H3L /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 7

BTN H3R /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 8

BTN H4U /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 4

BTN H4D /U 
             /M 
             /D /I
                /O /H 3

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Do not include this line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edited by DaveLChgo
Grammar

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2017 at 11:54 AM, CaptainPanda said:

Canadarm End Effector won't release from the Canadarm Grapple Port. I've tried tying it into action groups, and it doesn't work. I don't even have an 'Undock Node' or 'Decouple Node' option in the right-click menus.

Ditto here, have an SSTU docking module and I can't release it from the arm.  1.3.1

Magnet off as well ...

Edited by RW-1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SpaceFox said:

Does this mod work in 1.3.1?

Yes, it works.

On 5.12.2017 at 1:50 PM, RW-1 said:

Ditto here, have an SSTU docking module and I can't release it from the arm.  1.3.1

Magnet off as well ...

Undocking at the grapple point, not the end effector.

14 minutes ago, CaptainPanda said:

Good for you. For @RW-1 and myself, it doesn't work.

Well, let's not get testy on it, it is frustrating, but like I sad just before, I found the magnet works on the CxAero Grapple point, so if you have that parts pack, try that!

2 hours ago, RW-1 said:

So, who makes a good ISS Arm with DEXTRE and the mobile base to go along a truss that will go with 1.3.1 ?

Thanks beforehand ...

There is no Mod for DEXTRE but there is the community ISS with a Canadarm 2 and a Mobile Base System.

11 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Sir can you update this for ksp 1.3.1 ?

i can consider you don't know that most of your Post was asking mod maker to update they mod from the current version they have to Version 1.3.1. I mean I've done that before when i was join but uh when some player told just find out the mod by yourself or read the thread before like the comment, not just posting this thing so called" Sir can you update this to 1.3.1" or "is this work 1.3.1" . It was rude you know. Telling the Modder just to update the mod while the modder was busy with his life.

if you want to have the newest version of the mod why not Study programming and Update the mod by yourself

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

There is no Mod for DEXTRE but there is the community ISS with a Canadarm 2 and a Mobile Base System.

Hi, I've grabbed that, and see the JEM arm, but not canadarm2, thoughts?  I know so far IR is working with it as I can move the Gantry rail.

No real guide for all those parts, referring to my ISS stuff ...  :)

17 hours ago, RW-1 said:

Hi, I've grabbed that, and see the JEM arm, but not canadarm2, thoughts?  I know so far IR is working with it as I can move the Gantry rail.

No real guide for all those parts, referring to my ISS stuff ...  :)

I will search the link for you. There are more than one versions of the ISS. One of them has only the JEM. The Canadarm2 works but i can remember that there was a problem wit the Magnet. But you can attach a KAS-Magnet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.