xxhansonmaxx

[1.0.5] CST-100 Starliner - 3.75m 7 Seat Crew Vehicle! (v0.7.6 Nosecone fix and more!)

_Augustus_    1242
Is the CST 3.125m? I don't like that. Also, to be honest, those scales aren't very good. They're all very close in size. I mean ish. 3.75 sounds too big.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4kfLckIMAAJL3R.png

3.912 x 0.64 literally equals almost exactly 2.5, 3.7 x 0.64 equals 2.368, which is closer to 2.5 than 2.1875.

5.029 x 0.64 equals 3.21, which is closer to 3.125m, so pardon me.

And the Starliner scales to 2.8125m, which is halfway between 3.125m and 2.5m.

xxhansonmaxx    424

Some Progress!

Made the new structural ring on the SM

wkZBHSZ.png

Made a NASA Docking System

xta331e.jpg

Heres some IVA re-entry

UixY1v7.jpg

Next update would probably come at the end of next week

BananaIsAFruit I don't really know right now

Edited by xxhansonmaxx

okan170    26

Just a heads-up, and idk if its important or not, but the actual docking mechanism has the "spades" closed now instead of hollow like they were on earlier designs (and renders)

xxhansonmaxx    424
Just a heads-up, and idk if its important or not, but the actual docking mechanism has the "spades" closed now instead of hollow like they were on earlier designs (and renders)

Whoops I'll fix that :D

xxhansonmaxx    424

VenomousRequiem It uses the Engines on the SM, its powerful enough to pull it away

Docking Ports....SOOON

y4HytS1.png

DGatsby    257

Thank you for all this awesome work to make this mod!

VenomousRequiem    1285
VenomousRequiem It uses the Engines on the SM, its powerful enough to pull it away

I didn't know that! I'm just recently hearing about the CST-100 to begin with, so how it functions is new to me.

RoverDude    7397
0.9375m is now a size that's used.

Your yourself use 0.3125m parts.

And what about 1.875m?

I've never heard of 0.93whatever size. And actually I use 0.35, but in that context (sounding rockets) I provide an entire series of parts, from engines through probe cores. Providing a capsule in a weird non-standard size does not make sense, OP is doing the right thing.

Side note, once the OP is done with this and it's released, I'll have to add it to my twitch save :)

Edited by RoverDude

FreeThinker    2159

I realy love your service module and command pod with build in RCS. It help to reduce part count a lot

Edited by FreeThinker

xxhansonmaxx    424

RoverDude Oh yes, I would love to see you play around with it

benjee10 Ha thanks

Docking Ports in game! and.....ahem....IDA

mnJIvXu.png

Edited by xxhansonmaxx

sciencepanda    210

IDA? IDA!!!!? Okay, I kinda love you right now.... I'm sorry to be the one to ask this, but when's the next release.... I'm really excited about IDA now...

IDA? IDA!!!!? Okay, I kinda love you right now.... I'm sorry to be the one to ask this, but when's the next release.... I'm really excited about IDA now...

Hopefully in the next couple of days, I'm trying to finish up the IVA to be included in this release

Gaultesian    55

looking really great! Looks like I will have to use this as my intermediate command capsule (between the MK1-2 and the Orion)....I love this pod.

liquidhype    344

This is looking amazing :) Can't wait for 1.1 to come out, then this will definitely be used frequently for bringing kerbals to and from the ISS.

VenomousRequiem    1285

So an IDA is an adapter for NASA docking system and APAS-95 docking ports like on the PMAs? So it's an adapter for your adapter?

So an IDA is an adapter for NASA docking system and APAS-95 docking ports like on the PMAs? So it's an adapter for your adapter?

The wonderful thing about docking standards is that there are so many to choose from.