[1.0.5] CST-100 Starliner - 3.75m 7 Seat Crew Vehicle! (v0.7.6 Nosecone fix and more!)

xxhansonmaxx

11 hours ago, CocoaGames said:

Hey im having an issue with spawning the craft. The capsule decouples from the service module as soon as it spawns. Im using 1.4.5. Can anybody help?

9 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Been happening to me as well...

Looks like a comparability issue that's been happening since KSP upgraded from 1.2.

Shame, such a great mod! 

Did you use (you only need to read this page) the version vom Drakenex on this page? 1.4.4xshould work, also 1.6.x.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:47 AM, Drakenex said:

Well, is not much,  but it's guaranteed to work on 1.4.4, the original model have some texture warp issues so sorry if it's not a total revamp but without the source files that's all I can do

Fixes:

• The Nose cone was never really fixed, so you need Contares CST (just the nose cone) which is modified trough an MM patch to fit this capsule (sorry about color mismatch but no normal on Contares part)
  • Some textures were "revamped", again, don't expect miracles.
  • Parachute texture had a wrong name, now it loads and displays correctly
  • RCS effects fixed
  • Engines effects fixed
  • Some decoupling issues fixed
  • Re-scaled to 3.125

Tested to orbit using BDB's Atlas V

Includes craft file (no air bags)

Get it here

Credits:

All models and textures made by @xxhansonmaxx

Nosecone by hraban

Solar Panel textures by Cobaltwolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/9/2019 at 7:53 PM, Kilo60 said:

Hmmm

Now getting missing part "nose cone fix" unable to load craft?

Anyone have any Ideas why?

Just discovered this mod, Drakenex's version works fine for me in 1.7.2.

Also float/airbag from the USI pack still is still a good combination ( https://github.com/BobPalmer/ExplorationPack/releases ). Since the built-in parachute only slows it down to 12 m/s

Is it me or do the RCS plooms appear to be going the wrong direction when they fire?  I think the RCS force goes in the right direction but the exhaust from them comes out the wrong side.

1 hour ago, M3Man03 said:

Is it me or do the RCS plooms appear to be going the wrong direction when they fire?  I think the RCS force goes in the right direction but the exhaust from them comes out the wrong side.

Did you use the download on page 1 or the download from Drakenex on the last page?

On 7/7/2019 at 9:43 PM, angelatthetomb said:

I'd love to try out the new version, Drakenex!

On 7/8/2019 at 2:11 AM, MangoRises said:

Oh please! Boeing needs it...! :D

On 7/9/2019 at 5:57 PM, NapalmPK said:

Yes Please!

On 7/9/2019 at 10:44 PM, vossiewulf said:

Looks quite nice, no reason not to upload it :)

Here you go!

Well, I've modified many things to remember :P ...far from perfect but that's what we have for now. Please let me know if something is not OK.

Craft file included with OMAC trusters.

Credits again to @xxhansonmaxxfor the original mod

@CobaltWolffor his panel texture

and @hrabanfor his CST Cone Model

On 7/13/2019 at 11:43 PM, Drakenex said:

Here you go!

Well, I've modified many things to remember :P ...far from perfect but that's what we have for now. Please let me know if something is not OK.

Craft file included with OMAC trusters.

Credits again to @xxhansonmaxxfor the original mod

@CobaltWolffor his panel texture

and @hrabanfor his CST Cone Model

Thanks!  That helps a ton!

One issue bugging me - how come there aren't any lights in the command module?  Always looks sooo dark!  Do you do the IVA as well for the command module or is that coming from another mod I'm using?

I'm also getting the following error:

[ERR 2019-07-18 20:13:49.662] Error - node name does not have balanced brackets (or a space - if so replace with ?):
CST-100/Patches/PP_RCS/@PART[CST-100
[ERR 2019-07-18 20:13:49.662] Error - node name does not have balanced brackets (or a space - if so replace with ?):

On 7/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, M3Man03 said:

I'm also getting the following error:

I believe thats because this mod uses spaces in the internal part names in the .cfgs... and the err tells you *exactly* what to do about it...
ModuleManager doesnt allow spaces in internal part names... use " ? " mark in place of spaces in MM patches...
Users can edit the patch files until/if they get updated/released in a new package...

Just copy/pasta the following lines into the PP_RCS.cfg file, overwriting the existing lines:

@PART[CST-100?Service?Module]:FOR[CST-100]:NEEDS[PlumeParty]

@PART[CST-100?capsule]:FOR[CST-100]:NEEDS[PlumeParty]

Also, @Drakenex the :FOR[ ] statements in the patches are unnecessary, and should probably be removed...
from what I gather, :FOR[ ] statements should be used sparingly, and only by that mod's dev, *for* that mod only...
for the RealPlume patches, I would use :NEEDS[RealPlume,SmokeScreen] instead... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 2:50 AM, Drakenex said:

If there's enough interest I can upload a pack again.

Thanks for this version! However when I installed this on my game I cannot find the Atlas V N22. Placed the file on my Subassemblies folder but cant find it in-game. Do I need to install a separate Atlas rocket mod? Because the one in OP's link doesn't exist anymore. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

@cameronisher3@alberro+

Well, the original creator is now retired, someone supposedly got the source files but ended doing nothing. I Can't do miracles because I don't have the source files and UV mapping is not the better, so some texture tearing makes everything difficult.

I can fix some oops I've made but what do you want to be updated?

I've been using it in 1.8.1 as my "daily driver" crew transport and the only issues I've had are some minor decoupling anomalies in which the capsule gets a rotational kick when detaching from the aeroskirt.  But it's nothing SAS can't handle in a few seconds, and moving the skirt down so it's not clipping through the bottom of the SM eliminates it completely.  The only other thing I noticed is that the reinforcing ring with the holes in it around the upper part of the service module occasionally appears backlit, which is probably an issue with either the direction of the model's normals or the normal map for that part.

59 minutes ago, rougeaux said:

I've been using it in 1.8.1 as my "daily driver" crew transport and the only issues I've had are some minor decoupling anomalies in which the capsule gets a rotational kick when detaching from the aeroskirt.  But it's nothing SAS can't handle in a few seconds, and moving the skirt down so it's not clipping through the bottom of the SM eliminates it completely.  The only other thing I noticed is that the reinforcing ring with the holes in it around the upper part of the service module occasionally appears backlit, which is probably an issue with either the direction of the model's normals or the normal map for that part.

Yeah, same issues here, I don't really mind it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.