KSP Coming to XBOX ONE: Discuss

Hobbes Novakoff

Kind of strange that they put it in in 0.24 and it broke shortly after, only for them to never fix it. It would be great if they fixed 3D mouse support so that it doesn't lock VAB controls when you use it.

Already fixed, either in 1.0.3 or .4, I don't remember which. But it is definitely working now.

List of other devices KSP should be ported to:

Android

Android

iOS

Tracfone

TI-84 Plus

Wii U

NES

Apollo Guidance Computer

X-Box 360

Playstation 2

A Minecraft redstone computer

Browser-based Unity

Nintendo 3DS

A mechanical Turing Machine

A cluster of Babbage Engines

Microsoft HoloLens

Linux 128-bit

The Universe

GameBoy

GameBoy Advance

Tiger Handheld Game (The cheap little handheld toy videogames)

Tiger Wrist-Game

The Holodeck

A computer powered by interacting Sims from The Sims games.

The Brain of a Rat.

oh you NeoGeo hating b-tard!

also, where's the DreamCast port?

So far it is even benefiting development of the PC/Mac/Linux versions of KSP. The developers at Flying Tiger have been working with us to port the game to Unity 5, cutting the time needed to do the update significantly. The ports to PS4 and Xbone are then done by Flying Tiger, so in theory shouldn't affect development of the current platforms either. Of course, they made need occasional help or some explanation of code, but that shouldn't have any significant impact.

Erm, not a good theory IMO. Any porting being done by a separate company still requires a fair amount of support from the original devs, and a LOT of time to get immersed into the game and its working parts to begin with. This is all time being taken away from the Squad devs is it not? I know that when I handover a server farm to someone, or have someone come to setup a purpose-built server into my farm, it takes a lot of my time. FAR too much of my time, and I hate doing it. Even after installation/handover, there are weeks and months of communications afterwards regarding all the small details of the network.

Erm, not a good theory IMO. Any porting being done by a separate company still requires a fair amount of support from the original devs, and a LOT of time to get immersed into the game and its working parts to begin with. This is all time being taken away from the Squad devs is it not? I know that when I handover a server farm to someone, or have someone come to setup a purpose-built server into my farm, it takes a lot of my time. FAR too much of my time, and I hate doing it. Even after installation/handover, there are weeks and months of communications afterwards regarding all the small details of the network.

But I mean, that's only a theory too. An anecdote and a theory... but nothing solid all the same.

Truly... what is so hard to believe here? Would we rather think that

A) Squad hires an entirely separate company so that they can spend months babysitting them and holding their hand through a Unity 5 port, costing them both delays in the PC version and incurring the wrath of their fans

or

B) Squad hires somebody else that *GASP* understands how to use Unity 5, you know, the gaming engine used by thousands if not millions of developers across the world? And maybe since they know how to use the engine in question they can work largely autonomously, as stated by Squad several times?

We need better conspiracy theories my friends. We really really do.

Squad hires somebody else that *GASP* understands how to use Unity 5, you know, the gaming engine used by thousands if not millions of developers across the world? And maybe since they know how to use the engine in question they can work largely autonomously, as stated by Squad several times?

It's better even than that. Both Squad and the console port people need KSP brought to U5 before they can do the platform-specific stuff, so it would seem to be the obvious play for both teams to work on the port, at least at first.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what kind of achievements we are gonna have in console versions since they are required to have them... Perhaps we can get them onto PC version (perhaps as an section in the main menu so KSP store version can also get them)?

Getting 1k gamerscore/platinum trophy could be intresting. Perhaps I should buy either PS4 or XBone for that and other exclusives...

B) Squad hires somebody else that *GASP* understands how to use Unity 5, you know, the gaming engine used by thousands if not millions of developers across the world? And maybe since they know how to use the engine in question they can work largely autonomously, as stated by Squad several times?

I'm not buying it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.